Basic Instinct (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: June 14, 2021 - July 18, 2022 (Reissue)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + BD + Bonus)

Basic Instinct.jpg
Basic back-front.jpg Basic inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Filthy Shades Of Grey is the new Black, retro style obviously.

I like the basic nature of the design, but being a Studiocanal release, will the 4K disc be faulty ?,, the mastering of other SC releases have come in for some criticism, with macro blocking or not playing properly or even at all on certain players.. also the original release blu-ray was region A+B, wonder if the blu-ray in this will be ?, the mock up art on the collectors edition seems to only show B.
A number of people are referring to a collectors edition what exactly are you referring to?
I'm preordering this and hope that the in hand spot gloss and embossing will look turn out nice but it can't touch the 1st printing steelbook from Zavvi.
I really hope your wrong about the 4K transfer

A number of people are referring to a collectors edition what exactly are you referring to?
I'm preordering this and hope that the in hand spot gloss and embossing will look turn out nice but it can't touch the 1st printing steelbook from Zavvi.
A non steelbook 4k collectors edition that's being released aslongside this. Slip, digibook, cards, poster etc... SC have done the same for most of their catalogue 4k remasters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodhisattva
SC have had a good run of 4K remasters recently. Flash Gordon, Fifth Element and Total Recall have all been top notch. The 4K disc for Apocalypse Now was fantastic as well, it was only the 1080p that endured the craptastic macroblocking.

I expect the 1080p discs will be region B locked, the above mentioned recent releases all were as far as I'm aware.
total recall says it isn't

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Both the 1080p discs in the UK release have region B only marked on the discs. It's only the UHD that's marked ABC.
okay. i kinda think it might be also. not at home to check right now. i know i have several 'region b' discs that play on A just fine as well. Samurai champloo for instance.

okay. i kinda think it might be also. not at home to check right now. i know i have several 'region b' discs that play on A just fine as well. Samurai champloo for instance.
Oh yes, that may be. I know I have a fair few discs marked A that play fine on B. Without having an A locked player to check, I suppose all you can go on is how the discs are marked.

Micheal Douglas, such an underrated actor. Wall Street, Falling Down, & Fatal Attraction to name a few. I hope more of his movies get a steelbook release.

Last edited:
Two debossed sections seem likely although could be just the title which would make more sense but would be less interesting:-

1619049917366.png
1619049753640.png
1619049826487.png