Basic Instinct (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: June 14, 2021 - July 18, 2022 (Reissue)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + BD + Bonus)

Basic Instinct.jpg
Basic back-front.jpg Basic inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks really great. Has anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it’s a nice transfer with great grain structure. Also hopefully none of that dodgy blocking like total recall. That booklet that comes with it looks pretty in depth. I bet the UK doesn’t get that.

This looks really great. Has anyone seen this yet? Wondering if it’s a nice transfer with great grain structure. Also hopefully none of that dodgy blocking like total recall. That booklet that comes with it looks pretty in depth. I bet the UK doesn’t get that.
Wasn't the blocking only on the 1080p? Similarly for Apocalypse now? I thought the uhd was fantastic. Fairly sure we don't get the booklet, no. It's in the £50 collector's edition.

Wasn't the blocking only on the 1080p? Similarly for Apocalypse now? I thought the uhd was fantastic. Fairly sure we don't get the booklet, no. It's in the £50 collector's edition.
No the 4K disc had blocking on some of the red Mars backdrop scenes. The rest of the movie is fantastic though. I wonder why the Germans got the booklet in their steelbook. Is the director German? Just checked. Dutch. Looks great anyway.

Arrived today, better than I thought it would be with debossing and spot gloss plus a nice finish.

And then I realised that the title on the spine was the wrong way round FFS

Last edited:
Just received mine too... the matte black with red spot-gloss makes it look really classy! Debossing is cool as well. Only thing letting it down is the backwards spine :bored:

Just got mine. It's a great looking Steelbook! And thankfully (despite being the one time Zavvi could've probably got away with a slash or a dent haha) it arrived mint

Reactions: djjez83
Nice pic (from Steelbookpro) of a nice steelbook

1623589631477.png

Speaking about the 'wrongwayround' spine title - only the third UK steel with this.