Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order October 13, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £18.99

43694596_10155486462355146_7188007749907644416_n.jpg

11912758-1964617561447267.jpg 11912758-2114617561677169.jpg 11912758-1764617561752268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe time to re-title this thread THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE as that is the confirmed title of the steelbook (exactly as in the OP).

Apart from the title the steelbook looks lovely with the complete front artwork embossed and the title de-bossed within the magnifying glass . . .
. . . only niggle would be the 'creases' - instead of a smooth transition - where the artwork (Basil's ear and the lantern) meet the framing border. On second inspection I suspect the reason for that is because the magnifying glass is slightly more embossed than the rest.View attachment 400486
Now that’s some nice embossing. Also, I’ve updated the thread title to reflect the actual title on the release.

Last edited:
Yes, I guess you could call THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE a first for the UK Zavvi/Disney classics collection - a steelbook with twinbossing.
I don’t think many people actually know about twinbossing. I think there are only like two other releases that use it, so this is pretty cool.

It's funny I ordered this and Rescuers Down Under together at Zavvi yet only the Rescuers turned up today

Is that normal or is there anyone else in the same boat? I just thought they've have come together.

@dfoles
Zavvi website listing is Basil The Great Mouse Detective not The Great Mouse Detective

Back of the Jcard mentions basil the great mouse detective disney #26

Thread title goes by retailer website listing has not what the title is in the front of the steelbook
It still mentions basil on the jcard
Blu-ray disc inside the steelbook has Basil The Great Mouse Detective as it's the same disc previously released in the UK

OP title back to Zavvi website listing

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
It's funny I ordered this and Rescuers Down Under together at Zavvi yet only the Rescuers turned up today

Is that normal or is there anyone else in the same boat? I just thought they've have come together.
That's normal delivery can be different days or weeks from when order dispatched.

UK delivery is 2-3 business days but can take upto 14 days on some occasions

Post when collected by couriers often ends up been delivered on different days

You likely will have delivery on Monday or Tuesday next week

Reactions: Robsonmonkey
That's normal delivery can be different days or weeks from when order dispatched.

UK delivery is 2-3 business days but can take upto 14 days on some occasions

Post when collected by couriers often ends up been delivered on different days

You likely will have delivery on Monday or Tuesday next week

Thanks just wanted some reassurance

Reactions: paulboland
I don’t think many people actually know about twinbossing. I think there are only like two other releases that use it, so this is pretty cool.

The one that springs to mind in my steelbook collection that has twinbossing is Play’s Exclusive of Cloverfield which is very cool indeed the way they have done it with the different levels of bossing. Hmm I may have to reconsider getting this Steelbook, will have to give it a rewatch to see if it’s something I would purchase first though.

The one that springs to mind in my steelbook collection that has twinbossing is Play’s Exclusive of Cloverfield which is very cool indeed the way they have done it with the different levels of bossing. Hmm I may have to reconsider getting this Steelbook, will have to give it a rewatch to see if it’s something I would purchase first though.
That’s the first. The other was the Maleficent release. I know Zavvi’s has twinbossing, and I assume the other international ones did too.

Reactions: willbar84
That’s the first. The other was the Maleficent release. I know Zavvi’s has twinbossing, and I assume the other international ones did too.

Cheers for that as I wasn’t sure what the other one was but pretty certain I didn’t have it. Wow these twinbossing Steels are a rare breed aren’t they then which is a shame as they are quite the art form.

Yay, Basil's on the disc... better than nothing.
Great looking steel, will be putting in an order soon :D

Reactions: levi
Cheers for that as I wasn’t sure what the other one was but pretty certain I didn’t have it. Wow these twinbossing Steels are a rare breed aren’t they then which is a shame as they are quite the art form.
Yes, apart from CLOVERFIELD, there are a few others of more recent vintage w/ twinbossing - including GANG RELATED from 101 Films and more recently the original DEADPOOL (ROW) and of course INFINITY WARS (ROW):-
1541298288068.png
1541298105196.png
1541299121139.png
1541345407926.png

Aren't those debossings in your reply, Virkia, at the regular level? Not really debossed, just not embossed, right? I thought for twinbossing it would actually have to be debossed and embossed to qualify.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Aren't those debossings in your reply, Virkia, at the regular level? Not really debossed, just not embossed, right? I thought for twinbossing it would actually have to be debossed and embossed to qualify.
Twinbossing has two levels of embossing, creating 3 different layers. Like on Maleficent, the Horns and title are the same level as the frame, 1st layer. Then the whole rest of the image is debossed, 2nd layer. And then the face is debossed to make the 3rd layer.
5C7F86BE-BCED-4F97-8CEC-A79014708C24.jpeg

Looking at the TGMD pics, it looks like the ear and the bottom and the lantern are slightly debossed from the outer frame, and then the text in the magnifying glass is debossed from that layer.

Yes, apart from CLOVERFIELD, there are a few others of more recent vintage w/ twinbossing - including GANG RELATED from 101 Films and more recently the original DEADPOOL (ROW) and of course INFINITY WARS (ROW):-
Those aren’t twinbossing, those are just awesome examples of embossing.

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84 and DMD4k