Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Batgirl

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Director: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah

Cast: Leslie Grace, J.K. Simmons, Brendan Fraser, Michael Keaton, Ivory Aquino, Jacob Scipio, Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, Ethan Kai

Plot: Batgirl - a.k.a. Barbara Gordon - must face-off against a deadly threat to Gotham City; Garfield Lynns, the arsonist known as Firefly.

best batman movie :drool:

Friends Tv No GIF

• Haha
Reactions: kaw and tha_lunatic
What a mess this whole thing is.

Shocked that its being shelved completely... like why not just throw it up on HBO Max? You've already spend $90Mil. Might as well try to get some of that back, no?

Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
What a mess this whole thing is.

Shocked that its being shelved completely... like why not just throw it up on HBO Max? You've already spend $90Mil. Might as well try to get some of that back, no?

It seems that it's not completed and I guess they don't want to spend any more time or money on it.

Hah, I didn't even know it was coming, until they canceled it.
Fair to say they wouldn't want to spend more on marketing, but just releasing it as is on streaming shouldn't have cost a lot.

The Drinker has a theory about it, with which I agree:

So glad this was booted, there is a God after all! Wrong casting and the test screening results were so bad those a knew in them said old episodes of Arrow had more going lol

• Haha
Reactions: Drum18
Hah, I didn't even know it was coming, until they canceled it.
Fair to say they wouldn't want to spend more on marketing, but just releasing it as is on streaming shouldn't have cost a lot.

The Drinker has a theory about it, with which I agree:

I didn't watch the video but the reason it was canned is because now they get a $20 million tax write down but only if it never "sees the light of day". Never released in theatres. Never released on home media. Never streamed.

They're trying to make $3 billion worth of cuts. That's why they're cutting so many shows, departments and laying off or firing staff.

They figure getting $20 million back now is more value than anything they would get from releasing it on streaming.

I agree. There wasn't going to be $20 million worth of subscribers suddenly signing up to their service because they have "Batgirl".

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I didn't watch the video but the reason it was canned is because now they get a $20 million tax write down but only if it never "sees the light of day". Never released in theatres. Never released on home media. Never streamed.

They're trying to make $3 billion worth of cuts. That's why they're cutting so many shows, departments and laying off or firing staff.

They figure getting $20 million back now is more value than anything they would get from releasing it on streaming.

I agree. There wasn't going to be $20 million worth of subscribers suddenly signing up to their service because they have "Batgirl".
No, that guy wasn't aware of a tax rebate, he was wondering how bad does it have to be, to not be released at least as is to streaming, and that surely getting back $10 million is better than $0.
Well, you explain that part then, they're getting 20 mil back. Although I think it would've grossed at least that much in theaters, but don't know the costs involved in having a 2000+ theater release, much less a worldwide one. Usually people say roughly 50% is received by the studio, so a $40 million worldwide gross be needed.
Their worst grossing DC movies, Birds of Prey, Suicide Squad, and WW 1984, had grossed 170-200 mil worldwide, but in US WW 1984 had only gathered 46, so I guess they decided not to bother, ignoring more or less stable 110-120 million international grosses.
Marketing is expensive too, I assume, and maybe without further investment, Batgirl wouldn't get even those 170.

Reactions: Stygian