Batgirl - In theaters TBA

• Hello and happy early holidays from HiDefNinja! It's been a challenging couple of years for everyone and this site included. Please remember during November and December to click links on this site before purchasing from Amazon or other retailers like Zavvi. Every little bit helps and thank you so much for the dedicated support you show us by visiting!

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Joss Whedon will write, produce AND direct a Batgirl movie for the DCEU

More info coming soon...

Barbara_Gordon_Batgirl.jpg

100% agree! Glad Whedon is out and I'd love to see them give a lesser known director a shot - a female would obviously make the most sense.
Kinda glad Whedon not doing this anymore. I think they will go the wonder woman route and hire a female for it, which would be great as Wonder Woman was their best effort so far

See, I disagree with this. Not to say that I have anything against female directors- but I just think that the idea of gender shouldn't play in to directing at all.
First and foremost- the director that you choose for the project must be competent. In casting the all-female directors for Jessica Jones Season 2- the producers of the series stated that they wanted an element that male directors couldn't provide (which in of itself seems a bit sexist), and in Patty Jenkins interview argument with James (making an ass of himself- but still has valid points) Cameron, she stated that because of his gender that he wouldn't "Get it".

The arguments of what a female director can do as opposed to what a male director can do seems asinine and fairly trite considering that this commentary isn't based on any evidence, but is in of itself speculative.
After all- it's not like Steven Spielberg did a terrible job with The Color Purple because he's a white male.

larson1977

Premium Supporter
Mar 9, 2016
The Netherlands
See, I disagree with this. Not to say that I have anything against female directors- but I just think that the idea of gender shouldn't play in to directing at all.
First and foremost- the director that you choose for the project must be competent. In casting the all-female directors for Jessica Jones Season 2- the producers of the series stated that they wanted an element that male directors couldn't provide (which in of itself seems a bit sexist), and in Patty Jenkins interview argument with James (making an ass of himself- but still has valid points) Cameron, she stated that because of his gender that he wouldn't "Get it".

The arguments of what a female director can do as opposed to what a male director can do seems asinine and fairly trite considering that this commentary isn't based on any evidence, but is in of itself speculative.
After all- it's not like Steven Spielberg did a terrible job with The Color Purple because he's a white male.
All this :)

Totally agree! This 'positive-discrimination' (what they call it here in the Netherlands) is just plain stupid.

Reactions: Drum18 and FN-2187

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Reactions: vexred and Noodles

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
I hope she does a great job... and I'll save judgement until I see it. But I'm not going to lie. I'm disappointed. So close to Zoey getting the part and just like that, ripped away. :(

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
I love Brendan Fraser!
But... lets be honest here... he doesn't exactly look like George of the Jungle anymore. :bag:

Curious to see what their take on Firefly is going to be.