Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Batgirl

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Director: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah

Cast: Leslie Grace, J.K. Simmons, Brendan Fraser, Michael Keaton, Ivory Aquino, Jacob Scipio, Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, Ethan Kai

Plot: Batgirl - a.k.a. Barbara Gordon - must face-off against a deadly threat to Gotham City; Garfield Lynns, the arsonist known as Firefly.

Kinda glad Whedon not doing this anymore. I think they will go the wonder woman route and hire a female for it, which would be great as Wonder Woman was their best effort so far
100% agree! Glad Whedon is out and I'd love to see them give a lesser known director a shot - a female would obviously make the most sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
100% agree! Glad Whedon is out and I'd love to see them give a lesser known director a shot - a female would obviously make the most sense.
Kinda glad Whedon not doing this anymore. I think they will go the wonder woman route and hire a female for it, which would be great as Wonder Woman was their best effort so far

See, I disagree with this. Not to say that I have anything against female directors- but I just think that the idea of gender shouldn't play in to directing at all.
First and foremost- the director that you choose for the project must be competent. In casting the all-female directors for Jessica Jones Season 2- the producers of the series stated that they wanted an element that male directors couldn't provide (which in of itself seems a bit sexist), and in Patty Jenkins interview argument with James (making an ass of himself- but still has valid points) Cameron, she stated that because of his gender that he wouldn't "Get it".

The arguments of what a female director can do as opposed to what a male director can do seems asinine and fairly trite considering that this commentary isn't based on any evidence, but is in of itself speculative.
After all- it's not like Steven Spielberg did a terrible job with The Color Purple because he's a white male.

See, I disagree with this. Not to say that I have anything against female directors- but I just think that the idea of gender shouldn't play in to directing at all.
First and foremost- the director that you choose for the project must be competent. In casting the all-female directors for Jessica Jones Season 2- the producers of the series stated that they wanted an element that male directors couldn't provide (which in of itself seems a bit sexist), and in Patty Jenkins interview argument with James (making an ass of himself- but still has valid points) Cameron, she stated that because of his gender that he wouldn't "Get it".

The arguments of what a female director can do as opposed to what a male director can do seems asinine and fairly trite considering that this commentary isn't based on any evidence, but is in of itself speculative.
After all- it's not like Steven Spielberg did a terrible job with The Color Purple because he's a white male.
All this :)

Totally agree! This 'positive-discrimination' (what they call it here in the Netherlands) is just plain stupid.

Reactions: Drum18 and FN-2187
I think someone like Zoey Deutch would be great!
She's a rising star and totally has the look of Barbara Gordon:

Zoey+Deutch+Long+Hairstyles+Ponytail+llRCQXZK3_vl.jpg

14094253_ori.jpg

LETS GO ZOEY!!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

Reactions: vexred and Noodles
She honestly would've been my last choice out of the four, but yeah... will save judgement for now.

I love Brendan Fraser!
But... lets be honest here... he doesn't exactly look like George of the Jungle anymore. :bag:

Curious to see what their take on Firefly is going to be.

Reactions: vexred