Mondo Batman (1989) - OST by Danny Elfman (colored vinyl)

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: Dec 2018
Purchase:
from Mondo
Price: $25

Note: announced by Mondo on reddit: "Actually, yes! We are currently working on not only Batman 1989, and also Batman Returns. Hopeful to have both out this year, with Batman Returns coming first. - Mo Shafeek"

batman_fc_spine.jpg

5-batman1989.jpg

Last edited:
Finally. Saw this last night on Mondo's IG story and then again on Rory Kurtz' Facebook group (he has nothing to do with it, but was praising it like crazy).

This looks amazing! Hopefully Batman is on the back cover art.

How the hell did that sell out already? What a pi$$-off. I thought I'd be safe until my coffee break. :mad:

Yeah, so here's the rub. Some ebay sellers have multiple copies - I thought I was safe for a couple of hours too!

Ended up grabbing a copy off ebay for $65 shipped. Not at all happy about the price but the rest on there are $99++

We all know that these things usually go live around the same time but still, a supposed 2,000 copy run vinyl sold out in less than 30 minutes...?

Guess it doesn't take that long when people purchase 6 copies.

Was in a work meeting until 1:30, had it in my cart and it sold out just as I was pressing the purchase button. :banghead: :angry:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Yeah, so here's the rub. Some ebay sellers have multiple copies - I thought I was safe for a couple of hours too!

Ended up grabbing a copy off ebay for $65 shipped. Not at all happy about the price but the rest on there are $99++

We all know that these things usually go live around the same time but still, a supposed 2,000 copy run vinyl sold out in less than 30 minutes...?

Guess it doesn't take that long when people purchase 6 copies.

Was in a work meeting until 1:30, had it in my cart and it sold out just as I was pressing the purchase button. :banghead::angry:

Man, that hurts. I stopped looking at Mondo's prints altogether, assuming that I'm almost always safe with just getting their vinyls. I guess this is a case where it was bad to assume.

I really wish Mondo would put a limit on the amount someone can buy.

Oh, well... not in a rush to buy it now. That single edition won't sell out anytime soon.

Man, that hurts. I stopped looking at Mondo's prints altogether, assuming that I'm almost always safe with just getting their vinyls. I guess this is a case where it was bad to assume.

I really wish Mondo would put a limit on the amount someone can buy.

Oh, well... not in a rush to buy it now. That single edition won't sell out anytime soon.

Yeah, I've been into Bottleneck releases more lately, but had to splurge on the Matt Taylor Black Panther. I have too many prints and too little wall space (and many of them not hung).

But I agree on the regular edition - wasn't in any hurry to grab that at all, I though the expanded was something special.

I had a feeling this one might go quick. But if it's so many copies going to people who just want to sell it on ebay, then that's a shame. :( I got my copy, but I'm sorry for you guys who missed out. Maybe a different colorway will be available somewhere else later on?

thanks for the tag ...wanted to buy this next month, but then I read this ...

...should have bought the 2LP version, when I had the chance -.- the standard release it will be then