Batman 4-Film Collection 1989 - 1997 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live 6pm UK time on Wednesday July 31st )
Price:
£104.99

batman_box_4k.jpg

Last edited:
I would wait..... this is equivalent of £70 in the States... rip-off Britain yet again!
Price on Zavvi Website is RRP
No save amount listed yet

This is not listed on Zavvi website yet officially as in won't show up doing a search on Zavvi website
Link in OP is provided to web forums to promote release

Actual price may be less when goes live with individual steelbooks and Box Set

In expect price of Individual steelbooks when goes live will possibly be around £24.99 but that won't be known for sure until goes live to order
Price may change day before goes live

The first two in this collection will be live to pre-order from this week-end:-

BATMAN on Saturday July 27, 2019 at 6PM (UK time)
1564140858283.png

... and BATMAN RETURNS on Sunday July 28, 2019 at 6PM
1564141064334.png

Reactions: Mike Haley
Probably the best set for these films up to now. Colours and use of images are decent... except for the city being generic and looking nothing like Gotham.

Reactions: djjez83
Probably the best set for these films up to now. Colours and use of images are decent... except for the city being generic and looking nothing like Gotham.
Yeah exactly, how hard would it have been to put a Wayne Tower on there? It looks nice but I heard the 4k transfer of the first Batman film was pretty nasty. The inside and back images do look great though.

Reactions: St4rlord
Yeah exactly, how hard would it have been to put a Wayne Tower on there? It looks nice but I heard the 4k transfer of the first Batman film was pretty nasty. The inside and back images do look great though.

whoever said that is a fool . I've watched them all in 4k and they all look amazing. warner did an amazing job on all 4 batmans

• Thanks
Reactions: willbar84
whoever said that is a fool . I've watched them all in 4k and they all look amazing. warner did an amazing job on all 4 batmans
I saw a review where the new 4k changes up a lot of the sound effects but then I guess this happens to a lot of films. It's good to hear they all look amazing I am tempted to pick these up.

I can’t be the only one thinking this is a complete and utter rip off, surely...

Lazy, uniformed artwork across the 4 films - they may be mastered in 4K, but £24.99 each, especially for the final two films which are widely revered as being awful is surely taking advantage of steelbook collectors.

As collectors, do we not deserve more inspired, original art? After all, they’re charging a premium price for what essentially are lazy designs.

It reminds me of the re-release of Gremlins with the p*ss poor artwork - saw a member of this forum stating they hated the artwork but ‘had to’ buy the steelbook as they loved the film.

Surely that’s when you need to take a step back and realise collectors are being taken advantage of for their passion. It’s not a cheap hobby, steelbook enthusiasts deserve far better (in my humble opinion anyway)

I can’t be the only one thinking this is a complete and utter rip off, surely...

Lazy, uniformed artwork across the 4 films - they may be mastered in 4K, but £24.99 each, especially for the final two films which are widely revered as being awful is surely taking advantage of steelbook collectors.

As collectors, do we not deserve more inspired, original art? After all, they’re charging a premium price for what essentially are lazy designs.

It reminds me of the re-release of Gremlins with the p*ss poor artwork - saw a member of this forum stating they hated the artwork but ‘had to’ buy the steelbook as they loved the film.

Surely that’s when you need to take a step back and realise collectors are being taken advantage of for their passion. It’s not a cheap hobby, steelbook enthusiasts deserve far better (in my humble opinion anyway)
Standard 4K Amaray's of the 4 films are £20.00 to £22 each with UK retailers that's why steelbooks are £24.99 each

Dealer prices from distributors for 4K releases are what decide retailer price

Sales of 4K UHD discs is still tiny compared to DVD/Blu-ray releases
Until there is a big increase 4K UHD discs been manufactured and sold only then will price of 4K UHD releases go down to decent prices
Less discs been made means higher unit price per disc

Reactions: Andycadle84
Standard 4K Amaray's of the 4 films are £20.00 to £22 each with UK retailers that's why steelbooks are £24.99 each

Dealer prices from distributors for 4K releases are what decide retailer price

Sales of 4K UHD discs is still tiny compared to DVD/Blu-ray releases
Until there is a big increase 4K UHD discs been manufactured and sold only then will price of 4K UHD releases go down to decent prices
Less discs been made means higher unit price per disc
I absolutely appreciate your point, but I feel consumers are still being taken for a ride. For instance, you can get the Thor trilogy on 4K for £38.99 or the Matrix trilogy for £40 (standard amary cases)

Just feel the practise of haphazard pricing on certain films is a bit ott (because let’s face it, there should be no real rhyme or reason why these films should be priced £20-£22 each)

Charging a premium on lazy steelbook designs is something retailers know they can get away with when it comes to (don’t want to use the word, but can’t think of a good alternative) exploiting cinephiles/collectors - just feel the community deserves better.

Not using this to bash anyone who is looking forward to this set. I’m a sucker for a ‘uniformed’ set of steelbooks in a series, but this screams lazy to me. Surely there is original promotional artwork of these films that would of been more deserving than the cut and paste job we’re left with?

Sorry for the rant...!

Reactions: paulboland