Batman 4-Film Collection 1989 - 1997 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live 6pm UK time on Wednesday July 31st )
Price:
£104.99

batman_box_4k.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Zavvi don't ship this in a large jiffy mailer :rofl:

They better ship this in a decent box packaging with protection inside box as it looks as it can easily be marked going by the unboxing video

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and djjez83
These pics - courtesy French steelbook site Steelbookpro - are of the French set so presumably the same as the UK and Italian sets:-
View attachment 445649 View attachment 445650

One of the steelbooks to show the (unfortunate) matte finish:-
View attachment 445651View attachment 445652
Thank you very much!
Even if I've already took the leap and canceled my Zavvi order (which was £103.49 shipped to me) and kept the Amazon Italy one (which is EUR 91,71 shipped to me), your post with the confirmation really do help taking out the questions and stress.
:thumbs:

I still don't understand why the title on the spine shows as "Batman And Robin" when the proper title of "Batman & Robin" is on the front of the steelbook. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DMD4k
I have decided to keep my order of this Steelbook Box Set

I used a 15% discount code when ordering
Price including shipping €109.24 to Rep of Ireland

If I was to get Individual Steelbooks Instead (Cost x 4 + shipping is €124.45 to Rep of Ireland no discount working)

The 4K releases of these films the Blu-ray discs included is also the 4K scan remastered versions
You can only get the new 4K scan remastered Blu-ray discs at the moment by getting 4K releases (4K steelbooks or 4K amaray releases)
Blu-ray 4K scan remastered
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
English Dolby Atmos
English Dolby Digital 5.1

Previous Blu-ray Discs not remastered
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps VC-1
English Dolby TrueHD 5.1

Reactions: DMD4k
I have decided to keep my order of this Steelbook Box Set

I used a 15% discount code when ordering
Price including shipping €109.24 to Rep of Ireland

If I was to get Individual Steelbooks Instead (Cost x 4 + shipping is €124.45 to Rep of Ireland no discount working)

The 4K releases of these films the Blu-ray discs included is also the 4K scan remastered versions
You can only get the new 4K scan remastered Blu-ray discs at the moment by getting 4K releases (4K steelbooks or 4K amaray releases)
Blu-ray 4K scan remastered
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
English Dolby Atmos

Previous Blu-ray Discs not remastered
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps VC-1
English Dolby TrueHD 5.1

i got 15% discount as well. £89 total :naughty: :naughty:

I ordered with the 15% discount as well but have since cancelled my order. After receiving 4 sets of the Avengers with dented shelves from Best Buy, I didn't want to take the chance on this coming all the way from the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and DMD4k
Looks a bit disappointing. It's a lot of money for what it is (especially for us in the UK). I wish they'd done something special for the first 2 movies (as we all know about the other 2). I have the original 2 steelbooks, so may decide to buy the 4k versions somewhere down the line when they are on offer and slip them into my original steels.