Batman and Batman Returns (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #18) [Italy]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster® & GIFGuru®
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Penguin Version - Catwoman Version (Pre-order on February 15 at 2.30 PM Italy time)
Price: €139.90
Notes: Batman (1989) and Batman Returns will be released in 2 special box set editions
Group buy: Penguin - Catwoman

84234176_628826307867459_6118860424222867456_n_09516e9a-3829-45fe-9a45-5647d692f17a_1024x1024.jpg 81464455_1760222284108595_2073117934242234368_o.jpg 80848305_1760222300775260_346682299774926848_o.jpg
83101564_1799756396821850_1447036226472247296_o.jpgFB_IMG_1580754796325.jpg

FB_IMG_1580344620210.jpgFB_IMG_1580345057955.jpg
81042850_1760222327441924_4873948167608991744_o.jpg
CM Bat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the thing though by making “altercations” to the original artwork for “purpose only to better suit lenticular” it’s actually making it inferior as you’ve lost composition, affected depth layers and changed proportions with vertical shifts. Prime examples is the road behind the batmobile which has basically disappeared and now have lost the element of the batmobile roaring away from Axis Chemicals, the beam of the bat signal can no longer be seen being projected from the top of the building as it’s now off screen and more in line now of the depth layer of the moon, Batman in the background would have made a fantastic final back layer of the lenti but by removing it has now caused an offset as Joker is standing high and almighty all by himself with no Batman to go toe to toe with in height so to compensate Joker has been offset lower but it just doesn’t look quite right now as part of that element has disappeared. There’s a lot to appreciate with the OG artwork and still has me baffled why it got changed as IMHO it would make a great lenti executed correctly.

Until executive file has not been finalized yet, i will think very well to your observations.

Knowing the critical point of view of collectors is very important for us and it is very comforting to know that not everyone is satisfied with random images and demands the best in the smallest details.

All of this is very inspiring!

Couldn’t agree more this artwork would work better as a Full Slip to take advantage of the more richer colour palette that is available along with ‘bossin to highlight key elements to the artwork but unfortunately that would break CMs M-O of only SL Premium Steelbook Editions. Take for example Zeta who did amazing working with their Batman Anthology lentis even their SLs who have to an extant mastered the fine art of lentis struggled with reproducing the finer smaller elements accurately for example the penguins and Gotham’s skyline which were part of the depth layers.

Everything fine but please don't compare this project with tHdzeta because the work necessary to carry out this project is decidedly superior. Using "standard" posters and pictures is naturally easier. We have to readjust images with different formats and different resolution to a full slip sizes...
We accept the suggestions, but we cannot compare two completely different projects!

Everything fine but please don't compare this project with tHdzeta because the work necessary to carry out this project is decidedly superior. Using "standard" posters and pictures is naturally easier. We have to readjust images with different formats and different resolution to a full slip sizes...
We accept the suggestions, but we cannot compare two completely different projects!

Meant no disrespect just highlighting key differences of benefits of Lentis and Full Slips and how it has pros and cons with similar elements of artwork of the same films. Wether it’s original artwork or exclusive it doesn’t matter as they both can share smaller and/or vibrant ‘n’ more colourful objects that are harder to reproduce on a lenti it’s just nature of the beast. In saying all this though it makes me very intrigued how the MRT artworks will turn out with amazing glossed ‘n’ bossed treatment :hungry::drool:

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
Meant no disrespect just highlighting key differences of benefits of Lentis and Full Slips and how it has pros and cons with similar elements of artwork of the same films. Wether it’s original artwork or exclusive it doesn’t matter as they both can share smaller and/or vibrant ‘n’ more colourful objects that are harder to reproduce on a lenti it’s just nature of the beast. In saying all this though it makes me very intrigued how the MRT artworks will turn out with amazing glossed ‘n’ bossed treatment :hungry::drool:
Would... unless I missed something :giggle: But it's interesting how far you've got with duckandrun so far. Keep at it!

Reactions: willbar84
Looking at both options, I personally prefer the original mock-up. Certainly looks like better scope to add depth with Batman in the foreground, and the distant bat symbol in the background. Even better however, and I agree with @willbar84, would be to have the original poster artwork untouched with Batman still at the top, too. The new version with full on Bat symbol doesn't quite look right IMO.

I like the slips and the artwork but why not try to make a WEA Steelbook? Those WWA of the Batman films don't looks good

I like the slips and the artwork but why not try to make a WEA Steelbook? Those WWA of the Batman films don't looks good
Easier said than done I'm guessing, CM are still a relatively new retailer especially where WEA is concerned. WWA's are obviously easier/faster to get approved and "pump out", hence FAC :rofl: :whistle: I think "The Terrifier" is CM's first WEA steelbook, and that's not even released just yet. Although titled CME#2 (#1 was a Scanavo case).

I love all the images and just hope it turns out well in lenticular. It's such a good selection of art I'd hate if the lenticular dulled it at all.

One thing I wish was different though; I know the logo on front of Batman is similar to the original one, but I particularly like the one used on the spine with the darker gold and sparkles.

Artworks are stunning but those prices hahahahaha. Ridiculous. And 2 versions!!! Lol. Does anyone actually have lives or go outside their houses to do anything?!? mental.

But great art used.

Also how can you NOT compare this to HDzeta? Lol. The only other company to tackle Batman and returns premium style (regardless of how different they look)

Arrogance level peaked right there. Sounding like Jan!

Artworks are stunning but those prices hahahahaha. Ridiculous. And 2 versions!!! Lol. Does anyone actually have lives or go outside their houses to do anything?!? mental.

But great art used.

Also how can you NOT compare this to HDzeta? Lol. The only other company to tackle Batman and returns premium style (regardless of how different they look)

Arrogance level peaked right there. Sounding like Jan!

Arrogance is to make judgments without understanding the meaning of my words and to define something "ridiculous" when many people have spent time and work on it.
I invite you to read carefully what is written about the comparison with Hdzeta and then express an opinion because i'm also collector and i have all Hdzeta releses in my collection.
I'm sorry to note that every time i try to talk about collecting and artworks, there is always someone who has to provoke or start stupid controversies.

All ninjas are welcome to Batman CMA#18 preorder and i'm happy to answer via PM to all questions, but i will not share something else on public thread. I respect myself too much to spend time answering to this kind of provocations.
First learn education, then judge who is arrogant and who is not.