Batman: Arkham Asylum - Megathread - One of the best this year?

Jan 29, 2009
For the most part, superhero games have only managed to be "good" and not "great" in the past. But we may get something very special when Batman: Arkham Asylum releases in June (yep, another potentially hot June title).

According to MCVUK, Eidos says that Batman will be one of the biggest productions of 2009 and moreover, it will "set a new benchmark for licensed video games." As the article points out, this is yet another bold claim from a publisher; you may recall Activision's statement saying that Modern Warfare 2 will be the "#1 entertainment property" of the year. But despite the perceived rashness of such claims, from what we've seen of Arkham Asylum, we're almost ready to believe Eidos. Said head of UK marketing Jon Brooke:

"We expect Batman Arkham Asylum to not only be the biggest game of the summer but one of the stand-out games of the year. It’s as close to perfect as we’ve ever come, it looks amazing, plays beautifully and has a rich twisting storyline with enormous replayability. I’m confident enough to say that it will set a new benchmark for licensed games and it’s going to establish itself as one of our best games ever."

...if that's not confidence, we don't know what is. Brooke also went on to say that they've got some serious advertising and marketing lined up to push the game, and it'll run for about four months. He says it's their "biggest campaign of the year" and they're definitely going to "make some noise." Well, we don't mind that. If you haven't done so already, check out the latest video for the game; the Invisible Predator Trailer. As you can see, this title really does have a ton of potential, and those of you waiting for Infamous - which releases right around the same time - may be faced with a tough decision...

Source: PSXextreme.com - Eidos: Batman

Last edited by a moderator:
yah, i cant decide if i wanna play new games, or go back to some of my old games like this one.

this game and many others of mine deserve another play thru, like Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, and MGS4 i could easily play thru again

I like finishing a game before moving onto another. Even if it's a month later. At least I won't have a big backlog of unfinished games and when I buy something it'll be cheaper than $60. Only thing I'm working on is getting Plat for Assassin's Creed 2.

yah, i cant decide if i wanna play new games, or go back to some of my old games like this one.

this game and many others of mine deserve another play thru, like Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, and MGS4 i could easily play thru again

Valkyria released DLC like 2-3 months ago, I think maybe even free DLC, might want to check it out.

Square Enix London Studios, a part of Square Enix Europe, today announced a Game of the Year Edition for the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Comics. Available across Europe and other PAL territories from March 26th, 2010, the new edition will come complete with six extra challenge maps on disc and features an innovative new technology which offers a play-in-3D option compatible with all standard and high definition TV sets.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition adds a new dimension to the multi award-winning gameplay experience, with support for TriOviz 3D on both the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. TriOviz 3D is a patented 3D process which adds depth to the game, visible to players wearing the included 3D glasses. By leveraging the depth-of-field while maintaining the original gameplay and colour integrity, TriOviz 3D creates a far more immersive gaming experience, allowing console players to dive deeper into the gothic world of Arkham Asylum.

Expanding the gameplay of the original boxed edition, the Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition comes with all six previously released Downloadable Content Challenge Maps on disc, giving players further opportunity to hone their combat skills. Gamers can face-off against Arkham Asylum’s toughest inmates in some of the iconic environs from the game such as the infamous Crime Alley and the insane Scarecrow Nightmare.

In Batman: Arkham Asylum, BATMAN finds himself trapped inside the confines of Gotham’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane, ARKHAM ASYLUM. The Joker has set a trap for the DARK KNIGHT and has conspired with the deranged inmates to eliminate Batman once and for all. Adding to the authenticity of the game are veteran animated Batman voice talents Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, who reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively.

Batman: Arkham Asylum features an original story by Paul Dini, Batman writer and five-time Emmy Award winner whose credits include Lost and Batman: The Animated Series. Gamers will move in the shadows, instil fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains, including HARLEY QUINN, BANE, KILLER CROC, POISON IVY and SCARECROW, who have taken over the asylum.

The Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition will be available across Europe and other PAL territories from March 26th, 2010, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Games For Windows® LIVE. You can find out more on the official website at www.BatmanArkhamAsylum.com.

gamesonsmash.com/?p=15249

I just saw the GOTY edition yesterday ... lenticular cover and boasts 3d on ANY TV ... so red and blue obviously ... still wonder how good it is ... I'm a 3d ***** but not so much a fan of the red/blue anymore.

ive started playing this game again. going to go for all the riddler's challenges and then beat the game on hard. maybe ill go for the platty when thats all done.

i forgot how awesome this game was tho. makes me really excited for 2 to come out :scat:

ive started playing this game again. going to go for all the riddler's challenges and then beat the game on hard. maybe ill go for the platty when thats all done.

i forgot how awesome this game was tho. makes me really excited for 2 to come out :scat:

I asked around for #2 and all I got was wait for next E3

I just bought the final two DLC maps that I didn't have. Dem Bones + whatever the other one was. Crime Alley or something.

Also, my game has been sitting at 85% after beating the game and getting almost all the riddles. I can't find the remaining ones, and I know there are a few riddle maps to be found, but I don't know which areas I've found them all and which ones I simply need the map to reveal them.

I haven't played in months and months, so I have zero clue where I left off as to which areas have which riddles.

Challenges: 17%
Riddles: 227/240
Upgrades: 20/20
Character Bios: 40/42
Completed: 85%

RIDDLE INFO:

Arkham North, East, West: Complete

Intensive Treatment: NEEDED: 1 Riddle Trophy, 1 Chronicle of Arkham

Medical Center: 1 Chattery Teeth

Caves: 1 Chattery Teeth

Arkham Mansion: COMPLETE

Pennitentary:
COMPLETE

Botanical Gardens: NEEDED: 1 Teeth, 2 Chronicles, 1 Bio, 1 ????? and 2 Riddler Trophies

Riddle 1: No Closet in the Gardens, someone's using the roof

Riddle 2: Remember the Waynes, How could anyone forget?

Last edited:
I just bought the final two DLC maps that I didn't have. Dem Bones + whatever the other one was. Crime Alley or something.

Also, my game has been sitting at 85% after beating the game and getting almost all the riddles. I can't find the remaining ones, and I know there are a few riddle maps to be found, but I don't know which areas I've found them all and which ones I simply need the map to reveal them.

I haven't played in months and months, so I have zero clue where I left off as to which areas have which riddles.

haha. You should have done like me and had a checklist. Before I start ANY game I make 3 word documents.

1 with the trophy guide, 1 with the missable trophies and how to get them, 1 with all the collectables laid out and how to get them.

Saves a TON of headache in the long run... Though, admittedly, it does take away from the story a bit if you're not careful...

I pretty much stopped playing this game because it pissed me off.. I got stuck in a battle and just said screw it. I'll go back to it sometime, but not yet.

haha. You should have done like me and had a checklist. Before I start ANY game I make 3 word documents.

1 with the trophy guide, 1 with the missable trophies and how to get them, 1 with all the collectables laid out and how to get them.

Saves a TON of headache in the long run... Though, admittedly, it does take away from the story a bit if you're not careful...

I pretty much stopped playing this game because it pissed me off.. I got stuck in a battle and just said screw it. I'll go back to it sometime, but not yet.

Good suggestion, I may have to do this because when my 60gb ps3 died all the game saves went with it.:angry: I have to start all over again.
Is there any way you can send me your guides:D

Last edited: