Batman: Arkham City (PS3/XBox 360 Steelbook)(Joker Version) [Australia]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Just saw this posted on Joystiq today. Was wondering if any of our friends out in Australia came help me and whomever would be interested in one of these.

limited_edition_detail.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-150936-Batman-Arkham-City-Steelbook-Edition-Xbox-360

limited_edition_detail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any idea if this will be playable in a US Xbox 360 console? I've never imported a game, and I'd really like to get this, but not if I can't play it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone have any idea if this will be playable in a US Xbox 360 console? I've never imported a game, and I'd really like to get this, but not if I can't play it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's impossible to know for sure unless someone actually tries it out, but generally XBOX 360 games are region-locked.

Reactions: RobertJoseph17
That does look super cool - wonder if I should just get it anyway for display purposes...

Yeah, after some digging, I guess there are a few games that are region free. I have it pre-ordered, so I'll just wait til I get any sort of confirmation before I decide what to do with it.

So I'm guessing you have an Australian friend who'll ship it to you?

Would anyone in Australia mind sourcing me one of these Steelbooks? I prefer this Joker art over the other Two-Face Steelbook that I've seen pictures of. I'll throw in extra $$ for your troubles.

XBox 360 steels are always G1 from what I've seen.

PS3 could be G2 - that's certainly possible.

Yeah the 360 and PS3 Steels have been pretty consistent with their sizes. Every Steelbook I've gotten for the 360 has been G1. The 3 PS3 Steels I have are all G2 sizes so I'm hoping these will be the same.

Yeah, it's either way. I don't have anything to really back up the G1 guess, it's just a gut feeling. The problem is that if you're only in it for the steelbook, you're possibly paying over $20 over the PC edition for the chance that it's going to be G2 (unless you wait and see of course...but then it might be too late).

Pre-order bonus steelbooks, for which empty, unsealed steelbooks are given in addition to the standard case, tend to be (but not always) standard G1 across all platforms (out of laziness, I suppose), while special editions follow the corresponding disc format and actually house the games themselves.

Then again, this is called specifically the "Steelbook Edition", so it's a little vague. It's not as rigorous as a true Collector's Edition, but it's not just a pre-order bonus either. Brink is an example of a "Steelbook Edition" that was G1, but it's not conclusive obviously.

I actually contacted a random seller on ebay.au and he was good enough to set it up...for a small price of course, but I'd have paid more for that Joker SB, it's THE ONE to have. There are some good people out there.