GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole

Feel free to discuss all Batman comics/series -- past, present and future -- in this thread. Enjoy!

------------------------------------

zero-year-1363015145.jpg

IGN said:
After two highly acclaimed story arcs with Court of Owls and Death of the Family, Batman creative team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo are back for yet another sprawling epic: Batman: Zero Year.

The story is going to span 11 issues over the course of Batman, beginning in June's Batman #21. Presumably tying into the stuff we glimpsed way back in Batman #0, the story will be showing us untold details of Bruce Wayne's earliest days as the Dark Knight.

Snyder told the AP, “It’s not ‘let’s redo the origin.’ It’s time for a new story showing how Batman became who he is in the New 52. We tried to preserve as much of Batman’s history as we could and keep what we could of this history intact. It’s ‘The Zero Year,’ the one that no one has told the story of before. We see how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain … It’s time for a new story showing how Batman became who he is in The New 52. It builds up the mythology."

Comicvine.com said:
The next Batman 'event' is coming and, surprisingly, we don't know a whole lot about it. Batman: Zero Year is said to be an origin of sorts for Batman. While we do know about that one defining moment in Crime Alley and have seen a few random moments in Bruce Wayne's life before we became a crimefighter, we don't exactly know what happened right before he actually put on a costume. DC has decided to give us that story and put Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo on the job.

BM_Cv21_1_25_var--415x615.jpg
BM_Cv21_ds--415x615.jpg

A great essay posted by Scott Snyder, can be read HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both Batman Damned #1 regular and variant covers on pre-order. Hopefully, I get this coming week or next week as it also includes another title on PO.

I am planning to get the Dark Knight Returns#1 foil cover but unsure at the moment.

Hopefully you have a first print of Damned #1 because that thing is going to skyrocket in value due to it being the infamous Bat-Wang issue (it's already going for $45+ on eBay). All future reprints will be removing the panel.

Hopefully you have a first print of Damned #1 because that thing is going to skyrocket in value due to it being the infamous Bat-Wang issue (it's already going for $45+ on eBay). All future reprints will be removing the panel.

Hope it arrives soon. I already read the digital comic from Comixology.

the Bat Wang is proving very popular lol. Is it really going to be sought after years down the road tho? Idk....

• Haha
Reactions: tridon
the Bat Wang is proving very popular lol. Is it really going to be sought after years down the road tho? Idk....

It'll likely only be hot for the first few years. I'm sure the value will always stay high(er), but it'll likely come down from where it is now. Still, if you can grab one for cover price right now, re-selling is a good way to make a few extra bucks.

It'll likely only be hot for the first few years. I'm sure the value will always stay high(er), but it'll likely come down from where it is now. Still, if you can grab one for cover price right now, re-selling is a good way to make a few extra bucks.

I agree with you but I think it'll hold it's value in the long run. There'll always be collectors of first print editions, but the fact that the second prints will be different, not just another cover with the same content will help. Been a while since DC did a 360 on something like this. If the whole storyline turns out to be great like Gotham by Gaslight or the other darker Elseworlds books then it might rise a bit.

I agree with you but I think it'll hold it's value in the long run. There'll always be collectors of first print editions, but the fact that the second prints will be different, not just another cover with the same content will help. Been a while since DC did a 360 on something like this. If the whole storyline turns out to be great like Gotham by Gaslight or the other darker Elseworlds books then it might rise a bit.

I almost feel like they did it on purpose to make this comic so sought-after; for the word of mouth.

I almost feel like they did it on purpose to make this comic so sought-after; for the word of mouth.

They probably did. I heard sales weren't that great before DC decided to censor it. It worked though and in a few years it could do well once these first prints become scarcer. At the minute they're all over the bay.

They probably did. I heard sales weren't that great before DC decided to censor it. It worked though and in a few years it could do well once these first prints become scarcer. At the minute they're all over the bay.

Yeah, the bay is flooded. I'm not surprised. I thought about doing the same thing, but figured it wouldn't be worth it in the end.

I sure hope no one lost a job cause of it. Cause it was smart marketing in the end. All sorts of sites covered it, and YT videos etc. Lots of free promotion. Somewhere at Marvel there is a meeting on which character needs to show his balls hanging through his legs from a back shot view of the ass. lol

• Haha
I sure hope no one lost a job cause of it. Cause it was smart marketing in the end. All sorts of sites covered it, and YT videos etc. Lots of free promotion. Somewhere at Marvel there is a meeting on which character needs to show his balls hanging through his legs from a back shot view of the ass. lol

:LOL::hilarious:

ultspiderman.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: jitstark
With March around the corner, the Detective Comics #1000 variants are starting to flood in! The main cover will be by Jim Lee. Take a look below!

DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Main-Lee-CVR-low-res-trade-dress.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1930s-RUDE.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1940s-TIMM.jpg
DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1950s-M-CHO.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1960s-STERANKO.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1970s-Wrightson.jpg
DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1980s-Miller.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-1990s-SALE.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-2000s-JOCK.jpg DETECTIVE-COMICS-1000-Var-2010s-Capullo.jpg

2nd from Right below is from Jock.

I honestly find these to be pretty mediocre covers for a 1000th issue. Greg Capullo's is probably the coolest, but doesn't seem fitting for a milestone issue. Jim Lee's is okay, but his Batman artwork definitely isn't as strong as it was back during the Batman: Hush days.

Reactions: kryptonite
I honestly find these to be pretty mediocre covers for a 1000th issue. Greg Capullo's is probably the coolest, but doesn't seem fitting for a milestone issue. Jim Lee's is okay, but his Batman artwork definitely isn't as strong as it was back during the Batman: Hush days.

Nothing iconic from the line-up. Maybe Francesco Mattina will have something.

• Thanks