Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Remastered Blu-ray Set) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: October 30, 2018
Order: Amazon
Price: $87.39

819BcYYHemL._SL1500_.jpg

BAS.jpeg

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • NEW REMASTERS OF ALL EPISODES IN THE SERIES
  • REMASTERS of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  • NEW Heart of the Batman - featurette (60 min)
  • Select Audio Commentaries
  • Three Funko Pops
  • Deluxe Art Book

Warner confirmed at New York Comic Con that it is preparing a Blu-ray box set of Batman: The Animated Series. The release, which does not yet have an official street date, is expected to arrive on the market in early 2018.

Synopsis: Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It was developed by Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, it originally aired on Fox Kids from September 5, 1992, to September 15, 1995, with a total of 85 episodes. For the final fifteen episodes, the series was given the on-screen title The Adventures of Batman & Robin, which was also used for reruns of earlier episodes. The series eventually spawned a continuation show, The New Batman Adventures.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA release delayed for another 2 weeks

Release date is now October 30th 2018

Price drop to $87.39

81yEh01-nqL._SY445_.jpg 718ZQXm6MtL._SL1500_.jpg

The release will also include digital HD copies of each episode.

• NEW REMASTERS OF ALL EPISODES IN THE SERIES
  • REMASTERS of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  • NEW Heart of the Batman - featurette (60 min)
  • Select Audio Commentaries
  • Three Funko Pops
  • Deluxe Art Book

Last edited:
Well, I received mine today but the box is heavily damaged. Even without unwrapping it I can tell that the outer box is very flimsy and there will be lots of damages to these. Amazon.com managed to ship it in a oversized and thin bubble wrap mailer, so this one never even stood a chance of arriving safely. Ridiculous. I hope they will replace it and ship the replacement properly but who knows.. Amazing that they are willing to risk such amounts of money in returns/refunds shipping like that.

Well, I received mine today but the box is heavily damaged. Even without unwrapping it I can tell that the outer box is very flimsy and there will be lots of damages to these. Amazon.com managed to ship it in a oversized and thin bubble wrap mailer, so this one never even stood a chance of arriving safely. Ridiculous. I hope they will replace it and ship the replacement properly but who knows.. Amazing that they are willing to risk such amounts of money in returns/refunds shipping like that.

If only I had known the packing on this is not that strong and they shipped in Jiffy bag I would have just canceled as Amazon don't ship to Australia only way to get this was through Amazon au. And so far I can't fault them two limited editions obviously boxed they would kind of need to.
But if in a mailer/Jiffy not a chance in hell its going to arrive ok to here.
Before Amazon stopped shipping to Australia I just got sick of Amazon USA as every I ordered they sent in Jiffy bags larger boxset,collectors box set even ones with fragile packing and like 32 discs yes still sent in a Jiffy bag,at the time they was by far the worst but I have found pretty much they are all going down hill on the packing side of things, it's like they don't give a crap if it arrives to you damaged or not, hopefully this will be nicely boxed like my previous orders but I don't think it will be,
But my orders from USA prior to the ban to Australia I never knew you got Jiffy bags so big,how ridiculous nice boxset editions in a bag all dinged up etc.
If this arrives damaged Amazon au can take it back as I'm fed up with buying stuff these days that are far from being mint.

I don't get Amazon these days in regards to packing I remember back in the day everything arrived nicely boxed plenty packing etc now it's whatever they can find to wrap around it or throw it into something no protection. And does not matter about cost of item just does not make sense why not pack well and have less returns and refunds and all the hassles etc I sometimes wonder how they are still in business and getting stronger, yes obviously movies is a small part of the business but they send plenty other items to customers that are not just movies and have same issues due to packing but yet they carry on same old full of promises lol.

Reactions: PunkNinja
Yep, it’s a shame it’s such a bingo how you receive stuff. Luckily it’s not a problem getting a replacement, I just hope it’s sent in a better packaging this time. It’s still a lot of hassle though.

Here’s some photos how it looked:

C7D03F8B-6C22-441F-8BF9-05EFC250A211.jpeg
66E81D14-9762-4EEE-8410-E4D89793F961.jpeg
17CA4433-E6C4-4337-AE5A-DC35749A321E.jpeg
C40C99CB-9BBC-4F5F-8872-AE4ED5012CA9.jpeg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
I don't get Amazon these days in regards to packing I remember back in the day everything arrived nicely boxed plenty packing etc now it's whatever they can find to wrap around it or throw it into something no protection. And does not matter about cost of item just does not make sense why not pack well and have less returns and refunds and all the hassles etc I sometimes wonder how they are still in business and getting stronger, yes obviously movies is a small part of the business but they send plenty other items to customers that are not just movies and have same issues due to packing but yet they carry on same old full of promises lol.
I have experienced this so many times ordering at amazon. I even tried contacting them many times before they deliver my items. I would ask them to ship my item in a box and protect it with lots air pillows or lots brown papers. They will reply "of course we will do our best". Then they will ship the item in a oversize box with inadequate protection inside. Since amazon become one of the most successful company in the world. They seems to care less delivering good items to customers. Probably in their mind they can afford replacing and refunding damage items. Until it bites them in the ass.

Of course Amazon’s so big now that the amount they spend in refunds/returns are hardly noticed these days. Still I don’t understand the logic they operate by, as I’m sure a little more use of boxes and protection will still be cheaper than the returns/refunds and they will also make it much easier for a lot of customers to choose them again if the packaging is good and therefore less hassle. But obviously that’s not enough, and I guess changing that policy will be hard for us as customers. It’s a shame.

As expected, my order arrived damaged due to inapproprite packaging. I may just return it and wait for it to arrive in-stores. It will probably drop in price some more come BF.

There's so many horror pictures of these sets doing their rounds on Facebook. Every single one sent from Amazon in a crappy thin mailer. Mine's on it's way to Australia so I'm expecting it to look like it's been run over by the Batmobile :ohno:

I did actually see one guy who received his mint from Amazon, because it was sent in a box with air pillows surrounding it. These doesn’t stand a chance otherwise. My replacement should be here tomorrow. Not feeling very positive but sure hope they packed it properly. My return + replacement will cost Amazon approx $50 in shipping alone, all which could easily have been avoided..

Lol why don't we all just start complaining to them about poor packing etc they might just listen if they are none stop emailed of complaints. If they dont listen to that then really should not get your custom.
People aready purchase elsewhere and are happy as there items arrive fine but obviously it is hard to break away from amazon i have said many times that's it yet i still get sucked in.
Yes they are great to deal with but personally i prefer to have my items in good shape,i have a number of items these days that are not as good as they should be and god its not hard to pack better.
They used to be good at it back in the day,its all about cheap boxes or packing and cheapest courier they can find and slowest also yes we have options to get it quicker and pay more but this makes no difference i have used that and had same results.
If mine arrives damaged im just going to return and forget about it or hope a store will have it or an bay where a seller will go out his way to pack well.
I have found sellers do a good packing job most times.
Im hoping as amazon au is new that they will have given this edition the box treatment sending from usa,but if everyone else has had mailers then it probably be same. Longer in transit could spell disaster for us in australia.
Just waiting for the dreaded mailer/jiffy to arrive.
I have a few other editions on order that i think i might just cancel and try elsewhere.
Even someone else said not sure if this post or another place that his was sent in box non amazon. So it can be better to buy elsewhere.
Obviously we dont know how amazon will pack until too late but i have had more thsn my share of big boxsets sent this way. and results was not good.

I wish I could choose to just shop someplace else, but in many instances it’s just not possible. Not many US retailers ship to my country, and except for Wowhd and Amazon if they do the shipping is too high.

Guess what? My replacement arrived damaged again...lol

Going to request another replacment. I wonder how many replacement I can request.

Damn. Was both shipped in a jiffy bag?

First was shipped in a plastic jiffy bag; the second was shipped in the brown jiffy bag. Same result.

If the third arrives damaged again I will request them to ship as a gift. Maybe they will ship in a box.

First was shipped in a plastic jiffy bag; the second was shipped in the brown jiffy bag. Same result.

If the third arrives damaged again I will request them to ship as a gift. Maybe they will ship in a box.
Your wasting your time I had this time after time with many packages from Amazon USA and promised the world nothing changed, it annoys me to hell retailers don't pack stuff well. I kept away from Zavvi for this reason and Amazon are as bad only good thing is they are easier to deal with.
I myself have this ordered from Amazon au comes from USA and probably end up same but I'm not even going to keep it as is if damaged I just try and grab a copy some other time if I can be bothered then.
As it's a bit harder to get stuff from Amazon now they don't ship here I thought I order from Zavvi place a few items in one order and they might send in box.
It turns out they send two of them seperate and I bet a Jiffy bag which will be by far unsuitable for what it is and same with other,they are the editions nothing less than a box or they arrive damaged more so all the way here.
I get my marvel editions phase 1 and 2 today in a box thin as hell and very little packing inside and box barely bigger than items themselves both banged up one much worse than other, due to exchange rate being poor these cost me almost double in price in aud and I end up with editions that are a mess, I can see a few of my items to come all arriving like this even others not mentioned above from Zavvi.
But I find Zavvi just as bad these days.
What do we do just accept and put up with it all or pay more and buy elsewhere,Zavvi I see have never changed and never will and it must be steelbooks that keep them in business I have no clue how they have lasted this long when Zavvi stores closed down in uk. Amazon have got so powerful they just don't care replacement after another refunds etc when something simple as packing sorts a lot of issues out.
Obviously there wil be times when local postal or courier have handled badly but majority of time if things are packed well will be ok.
I'm not looking forward to the coming weeks when my stuff all arrives and I start chasing the retailers up I just don't need this hassle. Sorry rant over but I feel most of you guys feel the same way.

Guess what? My replacement arrived damaged again...lol

Going to request another replacment. I wonder how many replacement I can request.
And what have you been doing with your replacements? Where are you from obviously this makes it easier for returns. Three replacements and many other complaints from others you think the bang to heads together in shipping department and deal with it, was this not limited how many copies did they do? that's 3 for you right away and a few others with replacements of 2 etc at this rate they quickly sell out with most back as replacements make no sense to me,what sort of business runs that way one who gets too much of our hard earned money.
God I'm not half ranting today and I not got mine yet, but no wonder I have had more than my share of being messed around with them way more that a few times with multiple different orders to the point I was just going to stop collecting. Who wants there items arriving in a mess, I have had orders in past costing double of this arrive in a Jiffy bag.