Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Illustrated Artwork) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 14, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday August 22 - 12PM Red Carpet - 6PM General sale UK time)
Price: £24.99

12668729-2114791455313462.jpg

12668729-2184791455478756.jpg 12668729-2074791455431125.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Red Carpet is 12PM (Midday) - 6PM General Sale on Saturday 22nd

As usual with Zavvi likely to go live before listed time

Link still not working at the moment but will do on Saturday
If link has been changed will update if required

See it pays to be in surveillance (ahem Security), doesn't it Paul? Outside Zavvi HQ open window: 17th Aug '20 at 1812 hours...

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
These steelbooks feel like they should be used for an animated series not a live motion picture.
It's nice to have this style when we've had a number of realistic or logo versions already. The comic art style isn't exactly flooding the market for these movies, but is a nice touch, and certainly different to the alternatives.
My only gripe with the comic art so far is that it hasn't been consistent in style for each movie in the same universe i.e. it hasn't all been Jim Lee style.
Don't get me wrong, I like the others like SS for example, but when releasing a wave like this it's nice if they all match.
I hold out hope that they may all be the same style this time, but probably unlikely.
It's nice to see Filmarena getting in on the comic style with their slips for Aquaman and Shazam.

How can this be called ultimate edition ? Only 1version of the film and no 3D ?

Not that I care ...
Ultimate Edition in regards to this film relates to
Theatrical Version and the Extended Version and Blu-ray Disc extras
All 4K UHD and Blu-ray home media releases are called the Ultimate Edition

Both cuts of the film are included
4K UHD has the Extended Cut
Blu-ray Disc has Theatrical Cut

Sorry sir. Did not know it included both cuts. My bad. I regret my very uninformed post. If you see fit you may deleted it. I stand corrected. :naughty: :rofl: :thumbs:

I think you’ve been misinformed as Batman v Superman : Ultimate Edition is the R Rated 3hr 3min cut of the movie. Ultimate Edition does not equate to Theatrical Version, Extended Version (which is actually the Ultimate Edition as it’s never been called Extended version/cut) and BD Discs extras. Please edit your post as it has misleading information.

Reactions: karl01
I think you’ve been misinformed as Batman v Superman : Ultimate Edition is the R Rated 3hr 3min cut of the movie. Ultimate Edition does not equate to Theatrical Version, Extended Version (which is actually the Ultimate Edition as it’s never been called Extended version/cut) and BD Discs extras. Please edit your post as it has misleading information.
Ultimate is called Extended Cut
Ultimate Edition United Kingdom- Warner Home Video
Includes the Theatrical Version (151:41) and the Extended Version (182:33).

Blu-ray Amaray release
91DC1zm7I8L._AC_SX342_.jpg 91c+EE2S0-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

4K UHD Amaray release
91VJpSzKf4L._AC_SX342_.jpg 812jIIPqleL._AC_SL1050_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
They refer to it as the extended cut on the back of the blu ray case/ J card but it’s called the ultimate edition. That’s it. End of debate :LOL:

They refer to it as the extended cut on the back of the blu ray case/ J card. That’s it. End of debate :LOL:

Would rather take Zack Snyder’s word for it and what BvS : UE was actually marketed as not some blurb on the back of a J Card which is wrong or trying to give it a double meaning for marketing purposes when in fact Ultimate Edition IS the 3hr 3min cut.

Would rather take Zack Snyder’s word for it and what BvS : UE was actually marketed as not some blurb on the back of a J Card which is wrong or trying to give it a double meaning for marketing purposes when in fact Ultimate Edition IS the 3hr 3min cut.
3hr .3 min = 182:33 :LOL:

Ultimate Edition is 30 min extra footage it's also known as the extended cut and is why Warner mention this on the 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases
It's also why you see on the packaging Ultimate Edition

I agree. But it’s all pedantic anyway. Directors cuts, extended versions, ultimate editions. They're all Pretty much the same.

but even though what you say about the back, it’s still WB who market it all. And whilst I’ll always try to refer to these things as their correct titles, it’s still a directors ultimate extended cut version edition thingy....

Reactions: paulboland
And then there’s alternate editions which is a whole other ball game (x men days of future past: rogue cut, alternate anchorman films, justice league Snyder cut and so on)

3hr .3 min = 182:33 :LOL:

Ultimate Edition is 30 min extra footage it's also known as the extended cut and is why Warner mention this on the 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases
It's also why you see on the packaging Ultimate Edition

are you blind using your quoted picture as proof I’m right :LOL: Ultimate Edition is 182min approx (3hr 3min) and not the extended cut.

539A4FCB-BFB3-48B5-BD36-33590BA13583.jpeg