4K UHD Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (4K Blu-ray Ultimate Edition - IMAX) [USA]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: March 23, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Walmart
Price: $19.99

51Fro3IW0fL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad this is getting the MoD treatment. Those discs suck.

Hopefully here in the UK we will get a proper factory pressed bluray/4K.

Would the moderator who edited my original post & put the wrong photo on kindly update to the correct picture below?
45F7EBC4-1842-4AD5-809D-52BDA8EAEE3D.jpeg

Can someone explain how this will differ from the previous release?
Taken from The Digital Bits:...

The disc is set to street on 3/23, with a new color grade supervised by director Zack Snyder along with a variable aspect ratio presentation that switches between 2.35:1 and 1.43:1 for the IMAX sequences.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Taken from The Digital Bits:...

The disc is set to street on 3/23, with a new color grade supervised by director Zack Snyder along with a variable aspect ratio presentation that switches between 2.35:1 and 1.43:1 for the IMAX sequences.

Of course Amazon's listing for this Ultimate Edition makes no mention of any of these changes and the Editorial Review refers to the Extended Cut and the Theatrical Version. It says that the Theatrical Cut is included but I don't believe the Theatrical or the original Extended Cut is included since this seems to be a 1 disc release. That doesn't matter because everybody will already have those previous editions anyway .

I realize that the art is different from the original release but if all it says on the front is "Ultimate Edition" then some people might be confused. No reference to the 1.43:1 for the IMAX sequences.

Then again I guess the people who actually go looking for this will figure it out.

The thread title mentions a Blu-ray disc but I believe it's just a single 4K disc.

Sad this is getting the MoD treatment. Those discs suck.

Hopefully here in the UK we will get a proper factory pressed bluray/4K.

Zavvi now has a listing for this at £19.99.

Reactions: thewoe
Of course Amazon's listing for this Ultimate Edition makes no mention of any of these changes and the Editorial Review refers to the Extended Cut and the Theatrical Version. It says that the Theatrical Cut is included but I don't believe the Theatrical or the original Extended Cut is included since this seems to be a 1 disc release. That doesn't matter because everybody will already have those previous editions anyway .
It will probably be Both cuts on one disc achieved through seamless branching.

Where did you order from and did it not ship with a slip?
I got it off eBay. Paid €34 including shipping (from Canada). probably paid too much, but just wanted to have it. At that time not that many shops had it in stock.
I have read the UK version has a slip. I got the US version, so without.

I got it off eBay. Paid €34 including shipping (from Canada). probably paid too much, but just wanted to have it. At that time not that many shops had it in stock.
I have read the UK version has a slip. I got the US version, so without.
Oh I see. Why did you order from here? Was it cheaper than getting from UK? I'm thinking of importing from UK since that's the only one so far has the slip.

Oh I see. Why did you order from here? Was it cheaper than getting from UK? I'm thinking of importing from UK since that's the only one so far has the slip.
At that very moment I was reading it was very difficult to get, so just took the decision (just wanted to have it ). I don’t think it would have been that much cheaper ordering from the UK, due to customs and shipping costs.
But yeah, I don’t have a slip.

I know the U.S has a much higher import free amount. Here it’s around €24. I don’t know about Canada.

Reactions: AlienKing