Battle Royale (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £60.00 (Arrow) - £59.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Arrow Films early bird pre order price £60.00 the price after will be £65.00

adfefba7-75b8-4cd8-b121-f21b158ccba3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
Price is super subjective but I’m surprised to see so much chatter on it when it’s a 4-disc set (2 4K discs) plus the soundtrack in some super deluxe (and beautiful IMO) packaging. Arrow deluxe versions have always felt worth it to me for a long time. I’ve paid a lot more for a lot less.

Ordered on Diabolik for myself in the US. :emb:
This is why the prices will keep on rising.

The price is very high when compared to the original Arrow LE set - originally limited to 5,000 (Blu-ray) numbered copies but increased to 10,000 before release - which only cost about £16 and for that you got all of this:-

1612008530512.png
1612010159388.png

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me I remember this set - despite the great price and despite stock going up in flames during the London riots -, hanging around for years so wondering if the same fate will befall the new set at not such a great price.

BTW keep an eye open for the 'golden ticket' inside 42 of the sets which is a prize of an airplane ticket to Haneda airport in Tokyo with a connecting flight to the island of Hachijô-Kojima.

Reactions: Space Cadet
The price is very high when compared to the original Arrow LE set - originally limited to 5,000 (Blu-ray) numbered copies but increased to 10,000 before release - which only cost about £16 and for that you got all of this:-

View attachment 496944 View attachment 496950
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me I remember this set - despite the great price and despite stock going up in flames during the London riots -, hanging around for years so wondering if the same fate will befall the new set at not such a great price.

BTW keep an eye open for the 'golden ticket' inside 42 of the sets which is a prize of an airplane ticket to Haneda airport in Tokyo with a connecting flight to the island of Hachijô-Kojima.

... and you get to take part of Battle-Royale !?

Price is super subjective but I’m surprised to see so much chatter on it when it’s a 4-disc set (2 4K discs) plus the soundtrack in some super deluxe (and beautiful IMO) packaging. Arrow deluxe versions have always felt worth it to me for a long time. I’ve paid a lot more for a lot less.

Ordered on Diabolik for myself in the US. :emb:

Completely agree with you :thumbs:
People tend to pay much more for a single steelbook in a fullslip, this looks like a decent box set with exciting extra materials. Not saying it is cheap, but imo it is very far from overpriced.
Fully agree with both of you.

Arrows boxsets with multiple discs have always been around this price maybe a little cheaper due to them normally being Blu-ray.

The set looks stunning and TBH don’t see it staying in stock for long.

View attachment 496944 View attachment 496950

Got this set on my shelves, but as I remember price was around 30-35 GBP.
The price you are referring to is very likely with Arrow promotion, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago :whistle:

Amazon UK unavailable for me too. Looks like UK shipping only.....
Amazon will be available to order after release date for those based outside UK
You might see available a week before release date

In regards to Rep of Ireland
Amazon have plans to open a fulfilment centre in the business park in Baldonnell later this year
That means there will be a Amazon Ireland website launched as well when the fulfilment centre is up and running as in they will carry stock and you will only have Vat as in no import duty to apply on orders with a value over €150.00
It will take time though before you see a good range of products be listed and some items might still be only available to order from amazon UK or Euro websites
As to when this is happening it's not officially been announced yet by Amazon

They already have delivery warehouse in Rathcoole but that still requires orders to arrive from Amazon fulfilment locations based in UK and Europe
The warehouse in Rathcoole only process delivery of orders done from Amazon UK etc

Would have liked a release similar to Tremors, Flash and Donnie Darko.
I like the extra packaging, posters and bits but I don’t watch extras as I would rather use that time to rewatch or watch a new film.

Personally I feel that the price is no different to what we pay for some steelbooks. But I am willing to pay the price for this as I love this movie, and feel we are getting our money's worth. We are not only getting the 1st movie in 4K (and both cuts on two seperate 4K discs as well) , but the sequel (again both cuts on two seperate discs) as well (which may not be everyone's cup of tea), as well as loads of extras & quite a bit of tat, as well as a cd soundtrack.

For those who think it's expensive, I'm sure that they will release a standard version down the line. Cannot wait to receive this and watch it once again.

Reactions: Shark
Personally I feel that the price is no different to what we pay for some steelbooks. But I am willing to pay the price for this as I love this movie, and feel we are getting our money's worth. We are not only getting the 1st movie in 4K (and both cuts on two seperate 4K discs as well) , but the sequel (again both cuts on two seperate discs) as well (which may not be everyone's cup of tea), as well as loads of extras & quite a bit of tat, as well as a cd soundtrack.

For those who think it's expensive, I'm sure that they will release a standard version down the line. Cannot wait to receive this and watch it once again.

Sadly the sequel is terrible.

Got this set on my shelves, but as I remember price was around 30-35 GBP.
The price you are referring to is very likely with Arrow promotion, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago :whistle:

Ordered on 11 December 2010
1612052935782.png

Not a promotion and was in fact even cheaper @£14.99 before going up

@paulboland why no preorderd outside UK anymore for amazon ?
It's to do with covid-19 and brexit

You will still be able to pre order some items but most for now will be after release date
A few items will be available to pre order closer to release date as in when amazon know which fulfilment centre will be getting the stock

Some items won't be available if the fulfilment centre that process orders for delivery outside UK don't have that stock

Amazon at the moment if delivery address is outside UK use a fulfilment centre based in Europe
Stock has to be moved from UK fulfilment centre to Europe fulfilment centre

Amazon often get from suppliers 1-2 weeks before release date and then distribute that stock to various fulfilment centres in UK and Europe
Some releases they only get a few days before release date or after release date