Battle Royale (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £60.00 (Arrow) - £59.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Arrow Films early bird pre order price £60.00 the price after will be £65.00

adfefba7-75b8-4cd8-b121-f21b158ccba3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
I'm a bit confused by the listing

So there isn't a regular remastered blu-ray in this edition?
Disc 3 and 4 both say Battle Royale II but a different title. They only made 2 movies, right? What is the one titled Revenge??

I'd take just a 3 disc version of the first movie if they offered it around £25, discs one and two listed here and a regular remastered BD. No chance getting it as it stands, the 2nd movie is pants

Disc 3 and 4 both say Battle Royale II but a different title. They only made 2 movies, right? What is the one titled Revenge??
Revenge is an extended version of Battle Royale 2: Requiem. It’s 19 minutes longer & has improved effects & a new score.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles

I'd take just a 3 disc version of the first movie if they offered it around £25, discs one and two listed here and a regular remastered BD. No chance getting it as it stands, the 2nd movie is pants
There will be a standard edition at a later stage after the limited edition sells out
That will have the 4 discs

Standard Edition won't have the exclusive 120-page monograph or reversible poster or CD soundtrack as these are exclusive to the limited edition.

There will be a standard edition at a later stage after the limited edition sells out
That will have the 4 discs

Standard Edition won't have the exclusive 120-page monograph or reversible poster or CD soundtrack as these are exclusive to the limited edition.

Sorry for the bump, and this is my first post here, but I wanted to know more about this.
I'm guessing you have inside info? When will a standard edition release and for how much? I'd rather save money on the LE trappings and just get the movies tbh as £60 is a little steep for my blood.

Sorry for the bump, and this is my first post here, but I wanted to know more about this.
I'm guessing you have inside info? When will a standard edition release and for how much? I'd rather save money on the LE trappings and just get the movies tbh as £60 is a little steep for my blood.
Arrow always do standard editions after limited editions sell out

It can vary as to when they do the standard editions can be a few weeks to a few months or even 1 year or more after the limited edition sells out
You will though have to wait until the limited editions sells out before you will see standard edition

Price of standard edition won't be known until announced

Reactions: ICOShadow
Hi,im very sorry,if that's been answered before,but im very confused with the whole Brexit thing (i live in Greece),
the best thing to do about preordering this is to wait for Amazon to get stock if i dont want to get hit hard by customs,correct?
Because i just received an order fron Deff.com,where i was asked by DHL to pay crazy clearence fees.
Thankfully they refunded the price,but they also told me that they are stopping all orders to Europe for now.
If i order from Arrow will i have the same issues?

Hi,im very sorry,if that's been answered before,but im very confused with the whole Brexit thing (i live in Greece),
the best thing to do about preordering this is to wait for Amazon to get stock if i dont want to get hit hard by customs,correct?
Because i just received an order fron Deff.com,where i was asked by DHL to pay crazy clearence fees.
Thankfully they refunded the price,but they also told me that they are stopping all orders to Europe for now.
@Deckard ordered demons 2 from arrow and was hit real bad by customs.
Seems amazon with customs deposit is the best option so far.

Amazon will include vat in purchase
Listed as Import fee deposit (Vat paid)
You won't have any payment to make with postal carrier/courier when doing delivery as vat is paid.

Arrow Films Store
Customers based in EU
Arrow remove UK vat from price at checkout

As no EU vat is paid
You will likely have postal carrier/courier look for vat be paid and they will add handling fee on top of Vat.

Reason why Arrow remove UK vat at checkout is so you won't end up paying Vat twice

Note
Retailers based outside EU from July 1st 2021 will have to apply EU vat at checkout
This requires they register for EU vat ID in a EU country before they can do this.

Reactions: Deckard and Jocelin
Uh oh,my Deff order was the Demons duology as well!
There's a big chance the set will be OOP by then or not available at all,for instance i want to buy 88's Young Master but its still unavailable from Amazon (i dont want to gamble with 88's site)
Do you believe things will smooth out a bit as the time passes?
This hobby is already too damn expensive and im kinda disheartened by the whole situation...

@Joselin:May i ask how mich you got hit by customs?
i ordered their Trip to the moon edition back in January and its still on the road.

Uh oh,my Deff order was the Demons duology as well!
There's a big chance the set will be OOP by then or not available at all,for instance i want to buy 88's Young Master but its still unavailable from Amazon (i dont want to gamble with 88's site)
Do you believe things will smooth out a bit as the time passes?
This hobby is already too damn expensive and im kinda disheartened by the whole situation...

@Joselin:May i ask how mich you got hit by customs?
i ordered their Trip to the moon edition back in January and its still on the road.
Amazon UK you will see available to order for a delivery address based outside UK around 1 week before release date or just after

I doubt this is going to sell out quickly I expect will be available at least a few weeks/months after release date.

The whole thing is just a mess thats all.
I just hope the shops will find a solution to all this because everyone loses i think.
I used to avoid Amazon for box sets because of their poor packaging,but if ther's no alternative...
Indicator is having a sale next week and for the frst time i will pass.
The clearence customs DHL were asking was 45 euros,i mean come on,almost the price of the set....

Reactions: Billy Talent
So the only alternative at the moment would be Amazon...
Its weird because i made two orders since January from Uk sites (All the Anime and 365games) and they came unscathed,maybe they slip through with all the fuss

Reactions: Billy Talent
The whole thing is just a mess thats all.
I just hope the shops will find a solution to all this because everyone loses i think.
I used to avoid Amazon for box sets because of their poor packaging,but if ther's no alternative...
Indicator is having a sale next week and for the frst time i will pass.
The clearence customs DHL were asking was 45 euros,i mean come on,almost the price of the set....
You are just going to have to get used to this
UK are no longer in the EU custums Union
This also applies to other retailers and ecommerce business in countries based outside EU and shipping to a EU address.

Some UK retailers have registered for EU vat ID and apply EU vat at checkout.

There are still a lot of UK retailers that have UK vat only at checkout but that revenue is for UK only.
Some remove UK vat from price at checkout if delivery address is based outside UK so you don't end up paying vat twice.

Any retailer based outside EU that has not registered for EU vat ID you likely will have customs look for EU vat to be paid.

EU deadline is July 1st 2021 for retailers based outside EU who ship parcels to a EU address to apply EU vat at checkout.
The retailer must register for Vat ID in a EU country to apply EU vat at checkout.
The purpose of this is so custums and postal carriers/couriers in a EU country be not having to be looking for vat when doing delivery
It's to stop vat avoidance on imports as this been happening for years

Once retailers based outside EU register for EU vat ID and apply vat at checkout this will result in faster delivery times as the postal carrier/courier won't be having to spend time collecting payment.

Note
If value is over €150 you will also have import duty to be paid that most times will be collected by postal carrier/courier when doing delivery.
You might see some retailers apply both Vat and import duty at checkout but the requirement for retailers from July 1st 2021 is EU vat be applied at checkout.
It's upto the retailers if they also want to do import duty as well at checkout or leave that to postal carrier/courier to collect that import duty payment.

Vat and Import Duty are different things

Last edited:
I was told by Deff in their email that the clearance fees were certainly too high,that's why they refunded me and they put all EU orders on hold until they find a way to charge VAT at the time of payment so the courier companies will not have to interfere.
So by that logic,all the stores in the UK should change to this policy as well by July or they'll stop delivering to EU altogether?

I was told by Deff in their email that the clearance fees were certainly too high,that's why they refunded me and they put all EU orders on hold until they find a way to charge VAT at the time of payment so the courier companies will not have to interfere.
So by that logic,all the stores in the UK should change to this policy as well by July or they'll stop delivering to EU altogether?
The EU rule from July 1st 2021 applies to all retailers and ecommerce transactions based outside EU and shipping to a EU address

As in all retailers based in USA/UK/China/South Korea etc etc (Any country based outside EU) that are shipping to a EU address

You might see some small based retailers based outside EU stop shipping to EU if they don't want to update their systems for applying EU vat at checkout
This also involves a fee to register for EU vat ID.