Battle Royale (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: April 26, 2021
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £60.00 (Arrow) - £59.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Arrow Films early bird pre order price £60.00 the price after will be £65.00

adfefba7-75b8-4cd8-b121-f21b158ccba3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
@paulboland Thanks for the clarification,so to simplify ,if I understand this well,after July the crazy import fees will be lower?
I would just want to pay everything upfront and get done with it,
I order through Severin and Vinegar Syndrome and don't have to pay any additional tax.

Reactions: paulboland
@paulboland Thanks for the clarification,so to simplify ,if I understand this well,after July the crazy import fees will be lower?
I would just want to pay everything upfront and get done with it,
I order through Severin and Vinegar Syndrome and don't have to pay any additional tax.
Yes you won't have handling fee for collection of vat payment
But that will only apply if retailer has applied EU vat at checkout.

If value of goods €150 or more you will also have import duty to pay that might not be applied at checkout with a retailer.
When import duty not paid at checkout
You would still have postal carrier/courier handling fee for collection of import duty payment.

With the introduction of EU vat at checkout that will mean Custums will be freed up to monitor parcels from outside EU even more than before.

We had before been lucky often avoiding custums on imports due to mostly been random checks by customs.

After July 1st 2021 as more retailers based outside EU apply the new rules at checkout that frees up customs to go after parcels and retailers that not applied the new rules.

After July 1st 2021 If you order from a retailer based outside EU and they don't apply EU vat at checkout you more likely be hit by customs compared to previously.

Vat avoidance on imports is a huge amount this why the new rules was introduced.

It does mean imports will be more expensive than previously where we got lucky and avoided customs selecting your parcel for vat collection.

All this was supposed to be in place by January 1st 2021 but due to covid-19 was delayed to July 1st for business outside EU to update their business to implement the new rules.

I can see some issues still happen as I doubt all retailers based outside EU will be ready by July 1st 2021

Also don't forget the threshold of €22 to avoid vat on a purchase is gone from July 1st 2021
Vat will have to be paid no matter the value is from then.

Note these new EU rules was decided on even before UK voted to leave EU

Reactions: Deckard
@paulboland
What about zavvi? Is it more like ordering from Arrow or more like ordering from Amazon from the point of possible custom charges?
Since January 1st 2021
Due to UK leaving EU custums union there has been a increase of number of customers based in EU who have been hit by customs for Vat to be paid on zavvi parcels

Note even before UK left EU there has been customers based in EU getting hit for vat to be paid as Vat was not paid ever on any order with a delivery address based outside UK
Only reason why some previously in EU did not have customs look for vat payment was luck

Zavvi is based in Guernsey (British Crown Dependency) which is not part of EU or UK
Only customers with a UK delivery address vat is in included in purchase
This is why you always had CN 22 customs label on parcels when it was shipped from Guernsey
Orders shipped from Guernsey warehouse is a item shipped from outside EU/UK
The only reason why Vat is included for a UK delivery address is Guernsey is a British Crown Dependency

Zavvi don't remove UK 20% vat at checkout for customers based outside UK

Zavvi website lists 2 confliting statements in regards to Vat

This always been listed on Zavvi website since website lauched that vat not included if your delivery address is based outside UK and still is listed

Payment & Discounts​

Will I be charged VAT?
Orders placed, which are delivered within the UK, are inclusive of VAT.
Deliveries outside of the UK may be subject to an import duties and taxes, including VAT, which are levied once the order reaches the destination country.
We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information regarding customs polices as these can vary from country to country.

Zavvi added this to their website after January 1st 2021

BREXIT UPDATE​

Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.
For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

Note that Brexit Update info has not been happening for some customers based in EU
There has been a increase of numbers of customers based in EU having postal carrier/courier looking for vat to be paid when doing delivery

Due to what Zavvi have listed on their website in regards to brexit they would have to refund any customers based in EU if they hit for vat with customs but that invloves customer having to contact Zavvi each time

Zavvi should be doing the following and needs to do be done by July 1st 2021

1) Register for a EU Vat ID in a EU country
2) At checkoiut remove UK 20% vat from price
3) Apply EU vat rate of delivery country address at checkout (As there is different vat rates in the EU countries)
4) Parcel show EU Vat ID code and CN 22 Label list Vat as Paid and also include invoice inside parcel showing vat has been paid

If postal carrier/courier does not see EU Vat ID code they won't know vat has been paid

Last edited:
Reactions: galareta2332
Since January 1st 2021
Due to UK leaving EU custums union there has been a increase of number of customers based in EU who have been hit by customs for Vat to be paid on zavvi parcels

Note even before UK left EU there has been customers based in EU getting hit for vat to be paid as Vat was not paid ever on any order with a delivery address based outside UK
Only reason why some previously in EU did not have customs look for vat payment was luck

Zavvi is based in Guernsey (British Crown Dependency) which is not part of EU or UK
Only customers with a UK delivery address vat is in included in purchase
This is why you always had CN 22 customs label on parcels when it was shipped from Guernsey
Orders shipped from Guernsey warehouse is a item shipped from outside EU/UK
The only reason why Vat is included for a UK delivery address is Guernsey is a British Crown Dependency

Zavvi don't remove UK 20% vat at checkout for customers based outside UK

Zavvi website lists 2 confliting statements in regards to Vat

This always been listed on Zavvi website since website lauched that vat not included if your delivery address is based outside UK and still is listed

Payment & Discounts​

Will I be charged VAT?
Orders placed, which are delivered within the UK, are inclusive of VAT.
Deliveries outside of the UK may be subject to an import duties and taxes, including VAT, which are levied once the order reaches the destination country.
We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information regarding customs polices as these can vary from country to country.

Zavvi added this to their website after January 1st 2021

BREXIT UPDATE​

Zavvi can confirm that your shopping experience will not be impacted, and you will be able to continue to place orders as usual.
For customers located in the EU, most of our products will ship from our distribution centre within the EU and therefore ordering with us will continue as normal.
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.

Note that Brexit Update info has not been happening for some customers based in EU
There has been a increase of numbers of customers based in EU having postal carrier/courier looking for vat to be paid when doing delivery

Due to what Zavvi have listed on their website in regards to brexit they would have to refund any customers based in EU if they hit for vat with customs but that invloves customer having to contact Zavvi each time

Zavvi should be doing the following and needs to do be done by July 1st 2021

1) Register for a EU Vat ID in a EU country
2) At checkoiut remove UK 20% vat from price
3) Apply EU vat rate of delivery country address at checkout (As there is different vat rates in the EU countries)
4) Parcel show EU Vat ID code and CN 22 Label list Vat as Paid and also include invoice inside parcel showing vat has been paid

If postal carrier/courier does not see EU Vat ID code they won't know vat has been paid
As i thought...its getting complicated woth zavvi. I knew that they are shipping outside of UK and i think shippmemt may be the same as before.

The problem with Zavvi is the poor packaging,that why i avoid them
What about Ebay?Should we expect the same fees from there as well,or has they found a way to include VAT at time of payment?

Hmm, thought I would be safe with the ie website, but with the info in this thread maybe not.
I use zavvi.nl and so far so good!
Oddly enough I havent had to pay for any import fees even if it is above the 22 euro limit.
A package of 60 GBP arrived and I didnt had to pay any import fee, this is very strange.

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet
I don't know what's happening.
I forgot to add that at the beginning of January I ordered from Deff Arrow's Graveyards of Honor and King of New York and paid zero fees.
Of course they weren't using DHL yet...

The problem with Zavvi is the poor packaging,that why i avoid them
What about Ebay?Should we expect the same fees from there as well,or has they found a way to include VAT at time of payment?

I don't know if this applies to you or not but I live in Canada.

I just sold something on eBay a couple of days ago to a buyer in the UK (first time in 2021) and eBay collected VAT from the UK buyer. This is the first time I have seen eBay collect any tax of any kind from a buyer in Europe. I have sold items to buyers in the UK, Germany and France for a few years. I don't know if this will be just for the UK or if it is for all of Europe.

The amount of the VAT was about the same amount as the shipping cost.

Here is what the buyer ended up paying in Canadian dollars:

Order total​

SubtotalC $59.97
ShippingC $14.48
VAT*C $14.88
Total C $89.33

Reactions: Deckard
I don't know if this applies to you or not but I live in Canada.

I just sold something on eBay a couple of days ago to a buyer in the UK (first time in 2021) and eBay collected VAT from the UK buyer. This is the first time I have seen eBay collect any tax of any kind from a buyer in Europe. I have sold items to buyers in the UK, Germany and France for a few years. I don't know if this will be just for the UK or if it is for all of Europe.

The amount of the VAT was about the same amount as the shipping cost.

Here is what the buyer ended up paying in Canadian dollars:

Order total​

SubtotalC $59.97
ShippingC $14.48
VAT*C $14.88
Total C $89.33
eBay has started adding VAT on certain items below 135£.
If it's value is above 135£ then they will let the relevant customs/courier deal with both VAT and Import Duty.

Items below 135£ don't incur additional import duty and therefore it's straightforward collecting just the VAT.

Moreover the VAT is collected on both the item charge as well as the shipping charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
It would be interesting if one of you early guys could make a photo comparing it to the size of the standard Arrow boxes? :Snap:
I am anticipating something approximately the size of previous box sets Hellraiser Scarlet box, and Phantasm Limited edition (with book and ball) - but yeah, photos would be good.

I really just want Amazon to stop faffing about & allow customers outside the UK to order this (& Raw & Donnie Darko while they're at it!)
It's not just the UK.

I've been waiting for Genndy Tartakosky's Primal for months. It's been up on France or ages and the US for a few days but dammed if I can buy either of them yet.

It's not just the UK.

I've been waiting for Genndy Tartakosky's Primal for months. It's been up on France or ages and the US for a few days but dammed if I can buy either of them yet.
I can understand with preorders, there's a lot on Amazon US (& UK) that show when I use a US/UK address but not my Irish.

But with the Arrow releases, they usually show up to order to Ireland either the week before release or the day of release. But Battle Royale, Donnie Darko & Raw are still all unavailable.