Battlefield 1943 - Release Date July 9th Confirmed!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
battlefield1943.com that video is INTENSE!

wonder when they speculate that to drop.

just had a pretty interesting round. it was 1 vs. 6, i was the 1. I knew from the get go that i wasn't going to win but it was incredible fun. I ended up going 29 and 5, with 15 flag captures. they couldn't ever find me so i would just move flag to flag and capture it and get a cool 30 points each time, then kill someone every now and then. ended up finishing with 1015 points. :D

just had a pretty interesting round. it was 1 vs. 6, i was the 1. I knew from the get go that i wasn't going to win but it was incredible fun. I ended up going 29 and 5, with 15 flag captures. they couldn't ever find me so i would just move flag to flag and capture it and get a cool 30 points each time, then kill someone every now and then. ended up finishing with 1015 points. :D

nice work! kind of reminds me of when i used to play BFBC! ;)

hahaha, nice. i sent an add out to air_max last night but i see now I had the wrong PSN, hahaha. Will get you tonight with the correct name.

i didnt realize you were still playing it:confused: i'll definitely get back on, what days have you been playing? i want to go through the SP again to get the rust off and then i'll join you!

i played like 3 days ago, and no one was on.... i was just trying to get my 30 and 100 matches in..

i feel like it's taking forever to get those 100 games. i have a good 20+ hours logged in, and i reached my 50th game a couple days ago. any day now :(

i didnt realize you were still playing it:confused: i'll definitely get back on, what days have you been playing? i want to go through the SP again to get the rust off and then i'll join you!

BF:BC is the game in my drive all the time so I'm ready to go any time with it. I have been switching back and forth between that and 1943.

i feel like it's taking forever to get those 100 games. i have a good 20+ hours logged in, and i reached my 50th game a couple days ago. any day now :(

that's funny, first game i played last night was #100. got my trophy, although i was bummed because i thought there was a platinum as well, but i guess that would have been a fairly easy platinum. so what determines if a game has a platinum or not?

that's funny, first game i played last night was #100. got my trophy, although i was bummed because i thought there was a platinum as well, but i guess that would have been a fairly easy platinum. so what determines if a game has a platinum or not?

so far, no PSN only games have a platinum except for WipEout HD. this does not include games like Warhawk, SOCOM, or GT: Prologue cause you can buy them on disc as well.

Also, you can tell by the trophy list via psn or here if they got platinums ... alot of times they are a secret trophy at the top which if u get all others it unlocks.

hey tim, I got an email from some guy wondering if you would touch base on your pG review on the new air arsenal mode (forgot the proper name at the moment of the mode) ... He liked your reveiw though. Told him you'd probably touch base on that mode now.

email scam >:(

Personally, I take email scams very seriously, as there are a lot of elderly and/or young citizens that aren’t as educated on internet matters could easily fall victim to them. Today in my mailbox, I recieved a particularly troubling message.

It was from sender “Battlefield 1943″ <[email protected]>, and it stated
At ease soldier, you’ve successfully registered Battlefield 1943. As a thank you for your loyalty we’ve got two exclusive codes to unlock an aviator hat and goggles in Battlefield Heroes, which is available now for download. These upgrades are only available to Battlefield 1943 players so don’t miss out, redeem your codes now!

The first tip off that it was a scam was the address: @em.ea.com.

Another obvious, albeit hidden tidbit is the “reply sender”, only visible if you enable “more options” in your email: [email protected]. Clearly, a fake address.

The scammers also missed-spelled battleifeld [sic] a few times in the email. While I don’t have exact confirmation through testing as of yet, I can only assume it’s a trojan. The sad part is: I was really excited by the contents of the email, which offered me an exclusive in-game code.

They even had the official Electronic Arts seal of approval at the footer! As is the case with any internet scam: just keep your wits about you, keep a keen eye, and you’ll be fine!

hey tim, I got an email from some guy wondering if you would touch base on your pG review on the new air arsenal mode (forgot the proper name at the moment of the mode) ... He liked your reveiw though. Told him you'd probably touch base on that mode now.

lol. somehow i missed this post :confused:

sorry. i guess this shipped has sailed huh... lol

PS: i got the scam email. i didn't open it yet cause i was like WTF??

Personally, I take email scams very seriously, as there are a lot of elderly and/or young citizens that aren’t as educated on internet matters could easily fall victim to them. Today in my mailbox, I recieved a particularly troubling message.

It was from sender “Battlefield 1943″ <[email protected]>, and it stated
At ease soldier, you’ve successfully registered Battlefield 1943. As a thank you for your loyalty we’ve got two exclusive codes to unlock an aviator hat and goggles in Battlefield Heroes, which is available now for download. These upgrades are only available to Battlefield 1943 players so don’t miss out, redeem your codes now!

The first tip off that it was a scam was the address: @em.ea.com.

Another obvious, albeit hidden tidbit is the “reply sender”, only visible if you enable “more options” in your email: [email protected]. Clearly, a fake address.

The scammers also missed-spelled battleifeld [sic] a few times in the email. While I don’t have exact confirmation through testing as of yet, I can only assume it’s a trojan. The sad part is: I was really excited by the contents of the email, which offered me an exclusive in-game code.

They even had the official Electronic Arts seal of approval at the footer! As is the case with any internet scam: just keep your wits about you, keep a keen eye, and you’ll be fine!

The email isn't a scam.. click on it.. lol... FAIL.. i reported it on n4g.. lol