bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
First Look Photo of Ruby Rose as Batwoman

rubyrosebatwoman.jpg
Source: ComingSoon
The CW has released a first look photo of Ruby Rose suited up as Batwoman, who will first appear in the annual DC superhero crossover event, titled Elseworlds, as well as the Batwoman series that is currently in development from producer Greg Berlanti.

Arrowverse's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' crossover will include Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow

Crisis on Infinite Earths” will truly be the Arrowverse’s biggest crossover yet.

EW has confirmed that the highly anticipated event will include Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman, the newest Arrowverse series. “Crisis on Infinite Earths” will be five hours long and air over two quarters, the CW announced at its upfront presentation to advertisers in New York Thursday morning.

There have been questions about which shows would be involved in “Crisis” ever since it was announced in December because the most recent crossover, “Elseworlds” only included Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl, but not DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Concerns about Legends of Tomorrow‘s inclusion rose after the CW revealed that its fifth season was being held until midseason. Luckily, it seems as though that isn’t stopping Sara (Caity Lotz) and the rest of the gang from joining the crossover fun. Given the fact that “Crisis on Infinite Earths” shares its name with one of DC Comics’ biggest stories, it’s not entirely surprising that Greg Berlanti and company are making sure all of the Arrowverse’s superheroes are involved.

Even though “Crisis” won’t air until later in the year, the Arrowverse has already started preparing for it. Both The Flash and Arrow‘s most recent season finale set up the event in major ways. The former finale revealed that Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen vanishes in a “crisis” in the year 2019, and the Arrow season 7 finale ended with the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) recruiting Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) to save the multiverse from, you guessed it, an impending crisis.

The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and Batwoman will air this fall on The CW.

via EW

‘Batwoman’ Star Ruby Rose Exits Series Ahead of Season 2

In a surprise move, Ruby Rose, the star of the CW’s “Batwoman,” has decided to leave the television series ahead of its already announced second season.

The exact reason she is leaving remains unclear. But the show will go on: Warner Bros., the studio behind “Batwoman,” and the CW have both committed to creating a second season with a new series lead.

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” said Rose in a statement. “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles. I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created. Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success – I am truly grateful.”

The CW had in January renewed “Batwoman” and a dozen other series for the 2020-2021 season.

After Rose revealed last September that she had undergone emergency surgery for two herniated discs, questions arose as to which project had contributed to the injuries she sustained undergone emergency surgery for two herniated discs for two herniated discs, questions arose as to which project had contributed to the injuries she sustained.

But a source familiar with the situation tells Variety that Rose’s decision “had nothing to do with her health or injury.”

“Batwoman” season 1 averaged a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 after seven days of delayed viewing, putting it in a tie for third behind “The Flash” and the final season of “Arrow” in the CW rankings. Total viewership-wise, the show’s freshman season averaged 1.7 million viewers in Live+7, which again places it as the network’s third most-watched show.

“Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best,” said Warner Bros. TV, the CW and Berlanti Productions in a joint statement. “The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

via Variety

• Wow
Reactions: kaw
I saw that and did a double take. I had not watched the season but that's harsh.

For someone that did was it a decent first season

I saw that and did a double take. I had not watched the season but that's harsh.

For someone that did was it a decent first season

I just saw the first episode and the crossover. Truthfully... I didn't care for it.

Maybe its a sinking ship and she's trying to get off before her name gets tarnished? haha

Reactions: vexred
Of all the CW DC Universe shows, I felt this was the weakest of all the shows.
Even the comical Legends of Tomorrow was more entertaining than this.

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Only watched about half of the season so far but it's definitely the weakest of the Arrowverse shows, I'm surprised the viewing figures are that high. Shame Ruby Rose is leaving though, I actually thought she was good in the role, especially when given better material in the crossovers.