Release date: August 29, 2017
Purchase link: Target
Price: $19.99

Baywatch.jpg

Actual product pictures, thanks to a member at blu-ray.com
168942.jpg

168943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, I like the brushed steel look of the case and the polished steel look of the bodies but the colouring does seem more appropriate to a film entitled "Terminators Take Summer Break" (lol) than BAYWATCH.

More expected would be rich sun-kissed colours as seen in the regular posters - as in the one below - but I do like the B&W with the dramatic red accents (bringing to mind the girl in the red coat in "Schindler's List" - one of only four colour shots in that whole film - or even the dramatic and so moving lake scene in 'Don't Look Now" and other scenes throughout the film where red is seen in great contrast to the dull,earthy colours in the vicinity. N.B. Not comparing two modern classics "Schindler's List" and "Don't Look Now" to "Baywatch" (LOL) just expressing an opinion about the dramatic contrast of the red against the B&W steelbook artwork in the OP).
Typical regular BAYWATCH poster colouring ..................................................../................................ Maybe this on the back in similar dramatic colouring on a brushed steel background as a figurative counterbalance to the three characters on the front:-
tl1vc9gy.jpg
vgphunrz.jpg

As for the film itself - my 15 year old son went to see it with a girlfriend and they both enjoyed.
The cinema was almost empty though . . .

As for Dwayne Johnson himself - I think he's great at what he does and his easy yet rugged charm makes him just so likeable in nearly everything he does - something that really can't be said for Arnold Schwarzenegger. Despite their similarities in other areas Arnie can't muster such charm (maybe it's the accent!?) although he does come close in "Twins".
Who can forget the 3 second cameo in the great fun ride that is "Welcome to the Jungle" when Arnie says "Have fun" to DJ as they pass each other in a nightclub lobby? I see that brief scene as one hero passing on the hero mantle to another . . . but maybe that's just me (lol):-

Dwayne Johnson . . . similarities with other actors living or dead . . . I'm always seeing Woody Strode ("Once Upon a Time in the West") and even less obviously Yul Brynner !

. . . and it's not just the hair (or lack thereof) IMO.

Last edited: