Beauty and the Beast - In theaters March 17, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Beauty and the Beast (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Bill Condon[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Emma Watson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Stevens[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Luke Evans[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian McKellen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ewan McGregor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emma Thompson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Josh Gad[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Kline[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stanley Tucci[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-03-17[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A live-action adaptation of Disney's version of the classic 'Beauty and the Beast' tale of a cursed prince and a beautiful young woman who helps him break the spell.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
batb-poster-jpg.275834
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
A live-action adaptation of Disney's version of the classic 'Beauty and the Beast' tale of a cursed prince and a beautiful young woman who helps him break the spell.
With: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Josh Gad and more...

Beauty and the Beast.jpg

Bill Condon to Direct Live-Action ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Film for Disney! (EXCLUSIVE)
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/bill-condon-beauty-and-the-beast-disney-1201151834/

With the recent release of “Maleficent,” which grossed more than $170 million worldwide in its opening weekend, Disney is working fast on its next live-action fairy-tale adaptation.

Bill Condon is set to direct a live-action version of “Beauty and the Beast” for Disney.

Evan Spiliotopoulos is writing the script with Mandeville Films producing.

The studio’s 1991 animated feature version of “Beauty and the Beast” grossed more than $375 million worldwide, spawned a Broadway play and became one of the few animated pics to receive a best picture Oscar nomination.

Disney has been on a roll lately thanks to successful updates of literary classics like “Alice and Wonderland” and “The Wizard of Oz” and reinventions of its own stories into big box office hits. The Mouse House is also developing a live-action version of “The Jungle Book,” which has Jon Favreau directing, and its “Cinderella,” helmed by Kenneth Branagh, is set to bow next March.

Condon is best known for his hit feature adaptation of the musical “Dreamgirls,” and his experience in helming a film with strong musical elements will help this film, which could very easily go down that path. Condon also penned the script to the widely successful adaptation of musical “Chicago.” He also delivered two of the best reviewed films in the “Twilight” series.
popcorn2.gif

be our guest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. Condon sounds like a good choice for director. Maleficent was excellent, so we'll see how the rest of these live-actions turn out. I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't seen this since I was a wee lad, but there are two things I remember vividly about Beauty and the Beast and why I actually liked it (aside from the story actually being quite good).

1) The Beast design was well done. When he was angry he had a great glare on him and with those teeth and fangs showing it was perfect. However, he could also pull off the more gentle emotions. I would hope they could get the Beast in a live action movie to look as close as possible to the animation. The cloak and ripped trousers was a great look for a recluse in his castle.

2) The music was fantastic, and the one bit that was my favourite was right when his transformation from beast to human is almost complete. It builds us and when once his face transforms and he lowers to the ground, the music that plays at that point is just epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM3j3S465oo&feature=player_detailpage#t=53

Reactions: Troll2Fan
I haven't seen this dan Stevens in anything nor have I heard of him but he better play a good beast!

Oh he's from the guest, not seen it yet but heard good things.

Isn't Gaston supposed to be huge and buffed?

They got him now on a strict diet of 60 Eggs... Every day...

I haven't seen this dan Stevens in anything nor have I heard of him but he better play a good beast!

His big role was in Downton Abbey (yes... I watch downton abbey).
He's a good actor, I'm sure he will be fine as the beast.

Ya! Check out The Guest. He was great in that!

Reactions: Flloydo
They got him now on a strict diet of 60 Eggs... Every day...

His big role was in Downton Abbey (yes... I watch downton abbey).
He's a good actor, I'm sure he will be fine as the beast.

Ya! Check out The Guest. He was great in that!

Yeah I noticed downtown abbey when I see his wiki page but I don't watch that, did notice he hosted an episode of " have I got news for you" though lol

I saw it yesterday, I thought that it said 2019, but apparently it says "TBA"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_Pictures_films#Future_releases
And now we have a "final" date:
After Cinderella crushed the competition at the box office this past weekend, Disney is sticking with spring releases for their live-action fairytales as the studio has just announced that their new adaptation of Beauty and the Beast (which will be getting a 3D release) will arrive in theaters on March 17th 2017. And with that news comes a couple new additions to the cast as well. Emma Thompson (Saving Mr. Banks) will be playing Mrs. Potts while Kevin Kline (Last Vegas) will be playing the father of Belle (Emma Watson).