Best and Worst of 2022

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Please post your top 5/10 and worst 5/10 of the last year!

Now I know no one's seen everything, it's impossible, and we'll all probably keep watching some of the 2022 released films in the months ahead, but majority has been seen, enough to make a list.

I'm still waiting for a couple of movies to watch right away on disc for the first time, like Top Gun 2 and Triangle of Sadness. Babylon just popped up in 2160p on streaming, plus I was putting off seeing All Quiet on the Western Front.
There's also Resurrection with Rebecca Hall, Nocebo with Eva Green, a new Neil LaBute film Out of the Blue, etc.

But my lists as of now are like this:
Best of 2022

Where the Crawdads Sing
Emily the Criminal
The Outfit
Pearl
Barbarian
Bullet Train
Blonde
Jurassic World Dominion
Smile

Scream

Honorable mentions:
The Gray Man
Do Revenge
Bodies Bodies Bodies
The Bubble
Lou
Hellraiser
The Contractor

Worst of 2022

Jeepers Creepers Reborn

Men
Don't Worry Darling
White Noise
Strange World

Lightyear

Actually I try to avoid the real worst, so the rest are just big disappointments:

Everything Everywhere All at Once
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
The Northman
Thor: Love and Thunder
Clerks III

I was super slow with watching stuff last year, so I've limited myself to 5 per category (in no particular order) for now...

Best:
The Northman
The Batman
The Banshees of Inisherin
X
All Quiet on the Western Front

Honorables:
Top Gun Maverick
Prey
Don't Worry Darling
The Menu
Barbarian

Disappointments:

Glass Onion
Elvis
Everything Everywhere All at Once
Pearl
Men

Worst:

Ambulance
Jurassic World Dominion
Black Adam
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Lightyear

A lot of those were off the top of my head FYI.

MY TOP 10 of 2022:
TOP GUN MAVERICK
THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN
EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE
THE BATMAN
BULLET TRAIN
THE UNBEARABLE WEIGHT OF MASSIVE TALENT
HUSTLE
VENGANCE
MARCEL THE SHELL WITH SHOES ON

HONORABLE MENTION:
PREY
THE BLACK PHONE
NOPE
SEA BEAST
BRIAN AND CHARLES

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS:
JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION
UNCHARTED
SPIDERHEAD
LIGHTYEAR
JACKASS FOREVER

WORST:
THE BUBBLE
DAY SHIFT
AMSTERDAM
DEEP WATER
DISENCHANTED

---

@Lenny Nero @Noodles Using Letterboxd to keep track of things is very helpful i find.

@Lenny Nero Using Letterboxd to keep track of things is very helpful i find.
Yes it is, I started using it regularly since last October, but too bad they don't allow TV series, because that's what I watch half the time, so there are breaks between movies there now.

Seems we already have some contrasting opinions on a couple of movies. :D

Reactions: Kizersouze and kaw
Yes it is, I started using it regularly since last October, but too bad they don't allow TV series, because that's what I watch half the time, so there are breaks between movies there now.

Following :)

Honestly it's not too bad. It seems like just EEATO and UWOMT are the big either Love it or Not so much ones so far on this thread.
And I completely understand if someone doesn't like them. They are "different" films that probably got too hyped up by some people? But I really enjoyed 'em. But I also get why someone might not.

Other then that.. its not too bad... Except for your honorable mention to the Bubble. That might be one of the worst movies I've seen in a very long time. haha Sorry.

I really need to see the Outfit. It's on my list and I keep forgetting to watch it.

Also now following :thumbs:

Reactions: Kizersouze
Thanks guys, followed back, as I only was following that Ukrainian girl from Impression Blend YouTube channel, whose opinions usually overlap with mine up to 80%.
Other then that.. its not too bad... Except for your honorable mention to the Bubble. That might be one of the worst movies I've seen in a very long time. haha Sorry.

I really need to see the Outfit. It's on my list and I keep forgetting to watch it.
The Bubble probably just got me in a good mood, plus I've always liked ensemble comedies and Judd Apatow films.

The Outfit is an objectively quality tight mafia thriller, definitely should see it!

Another huge disappointment I just remembered... Glass Onion. Love Knives Out, but the sequel just felt dumb and kinda boring IMO.

Reactions: Kizersouze
My TOP TEN (Five … only five …) 2022

Best 5:
1. Babylon
2. Top Gun: Maverick
3. Bullet Train
4. The Banshees of Inisherin
5. Amsterdam

Worst
Gosh! So many bad movies,
Thor, lightyear , Black Adam … and many-many more …
P.S. 2023 for the whole year only three films are good for today. For me.