Best Buy - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Canada]

Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Best Buy Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Does not ship outside of Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent the following email and photo to Best Buy Canada...

To whom it may concern,

I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario; we don't have a Best Buy. Best Buy is one of my favourite stores to go into when I get a chance. I'm a movie fanatic, so I love checking out the Blu-ray section whenever I'm in a Best Buy.

I'm currently working in Manitoba and for the past two weekends, I've traveled into Winnipeg and shopped at the Best Buy location next to Polo Park.

I know that Best Buy and Future Shop were recently hit with lay-offs, but there's no excuse for the photo below. For the past two weeks, the entertainment section at this Best Buy location has been the messiest and most unorganized store section that I've seen in my life. Everything is thrown on to shelves upside down and sideways and nothing is in order.

I spent nearly a 1/2 hour today looking for the 3D edition of Thor: The Dark World. I finally found ONE copy alongside a mess of titles in the animated section. I would've loved to have asked an employee for assistance, but there was none to be found.

Not only that, but my brother stood around in the camcorder section for nearly 45 minutes; no assistance found there either.

Throughout my adult life, I've traveled to Duluth, Minnesota from Thunder Bay just to go to Best Buy. To come to Winnipeg and see the store in this condition -- like a tornado went through it -- I was shocked!

The movie section has looked like this for two weeks in a row now. If you care so little about your movie section and the customers who shop in it, just remove it altogether. I won't shop at BestBuy.ca because my item condition means something to me and the online stores (Best Buy and Future Shop) mail out items in the cheapest, most unprotected packaging ever. No, I'll just head over to Amazon instead.

I can honestly say that I have zero interest in ever shopping at that Best Buy location again. I hope other locations take more pride in the appearance of their store.

- Kenneth Livitski

image.jpg

I was seriously disgusted by the appearance of that store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: runk0002
Im a the only one having problem with the new website ? The arrow spin forever sometimes !

P.s. Can we create a new thread for Best Buy ?

l52dyWE.jpg

im having a strange error code, someone else have it ? It clearly said in stock and i already bought this item :

The following errors occurred:

• We're sorry, but one or more items in your order are not available for shipment, but may be available for in-store pick up. Please remove the item(s) indicated below. Please note: If you would like to choose the in-store pick up option for these items, a separate order will need to be placed. (0107)

Has anyone from USA ever placed an order on the Canadian Best Buy site and had it shipped to a Canadian address? I tried doing this and they cancelled my order. I contacted them by email and they told me they cancelled the order for security reasons and will not give me further information other than check with your bank. My bank said everything is fine on their end and the charges were accepted. I had the Canadian address added to my credit card as a shipping address and I figured that would do it, but they still cancelled my next order. Not sure what else I can do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Has anyone from USA ever placed an order on the Canadian Best Buy site and had it shipped to a Canadian address? I tried doing this and they cancelled my order. I contacted them by email and they told me they cancelled the order for security reasons and will not give me further information other than check with your bank. My bank said everything is fine on their end and the charges were accepted. I had the Canadian address added to my credit card as a shipping address and I figured that would do it, but they still cancelled my next order. Not sure what else I can do. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Traditionally there is not much you can do-they generally do not accept mix and match addresses between Canada and the USA. Unless that Canada address is your primary billing address, it will likely keep getting cancelled because of their fraud checks. Good luck

What is weird is their web site specifically says that they accept credit cards from the USA and they even allow input of a USA billing address.

Does anyone have a non toll free number for them? I suspect their 866 number won't work from the USA.

Im a the only one having problem with the new website ? The arrow spin forever sometimes !

P.s. Can we create a new thread for Best Buy ?

l52dyWE.jpg
At work, it happens to me ALL THE TIME. I have to close my entire browser (IE or Chrome) and start again.
At home, no problem...

Fyi to those that purchased this from Futureshop.ca/best buy.ca. Since this price drop comes less than 30 days after the release you can call to get a price match. Same should work if you bought it in store if you can go in with a receipt. I have $6 on its way back to my card now!

BestBuy answer: x2

"Dear Frédéric,

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit on your order # 354215094 under our Lowest Price Guarantee.

SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (Best Buy SteelBook) (Blu-ray) (2015)

We're happy to let you know that a credit has been applied to your order in the amount of $7. ($26.99 - $19.99).

The credit was applied on June 27th, please allow 5-7 business days for it to reflect on your original method of payment.

Please note, when the credit applies to your original method of payment the appropriate taxes will be included in the amount.

Thank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth AP-1042343
Bestbuy.ca
Original Message Follows: ------------------------
"

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Re: Pre-order / Lowest Price When Shipped

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/Lowest-price-when-shipped/m-p/120860#M838

From Best Buy Forum Community Manager BBYJuby:
Good news to share!
16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The process for ensuring pre-order prices are adjusted to the new lower price in place at the time of release has been rejigged. Releases from August 25th on should not be causing you to make further phone calls in to simply get the accurate pricing applied.

I'm happy to hear they corrected the glitch. Hopefully, we will no longer need to cancel and re-order when prices drop prior to release or phone/email for adjustments.

:naughty:

Gee, thanks. Could've just told them it was damaged ya know? :squint:

Even if they do that, would you still pick up a copy, given that you already own a copy? If I didn't own a copy and I was desperate then may be, yes I'd buy it. Other than that, it'd be a no. :dunno:

What's the 'special collectors bonus' in the photo? It just looks like a card with the title on it. Has it to be unveiled yet?

I thought that my fifty shades of Grey both copies were MINT, I opened the Mint one at that point not knowing that spine slash could be under shrink wrap. When I used a flash light to look at some titles in the dark, I passed it over my sealed it looked OCD copy of Fifty and the reflection showed me the spine slash on my copy unopened. I received 2 damaged copies of Kingsman which I returned and I was lucky my Dredd is Mint but I cancelled my order of INSURGENT, as I know it will come with spine slash most probably and hate dealing with returns and reordering, they have a lousy procedure for replacement when purchased online. they won't send you a replacement until they receive the damage copy which is ridiculous. If something is wrong when ordering from amazon they send you right away a replacement and ask you after to simply return it within 30 days. But I AM CURRENTLY TOTALLY BOYCOTTING BEST BUY I F*&^%$G DON'T CARE WHAT THEY WILL SELL AS STEELBOOKS I will purchase from a different distributor. Spine Slash we hear stories about them but it is not common like Best Buy, it seems that best Buys comes with a BONUS Spine Slash 3/4 of the time...Tired of them and they are not getting my Money. worse comes to worse I'll get an Amaray from Amazon !

I thought that my fifty shades of Grey both copies were MINT, I opened the Mint one at that point not knowing that spine slash could be under shrink wrap. When I used a flash light to look at some titles in the dark, I passed it over my sealed it looked OCD copy of Fifty and the reflection showed me the spine slash on my copy unopened. I received 2 damaged copies of Kingsman which I returned and I was lucky my Dredd is Mint but I cancelled my order of INSURGENT, as I know it will come with spine slash most probably and hate dealing with returns and reordering, they have a lousy procedure for replacement when purchased online. they won't send you a replacement until they receive the damage copy which is ridiculous. If something is wrong when ordering from amazon they send you right away a replacement and ask you after to simply return it within 30 days. But I AM CURRENTLY TOTALLY BOYCOTTING BEST BUY I F*&^%$G DON'T CARE WHAT THEY WILL SELL AS STEELBOOKS I will purchase from a different distributor. Spine Slash we hear stories about them but it is not common like Best Buy, it seems that best Buys comes with a BONUS Spine Slash 3/4 of the time...Tired of them and they are not getting my Money. worse comes to worse I'll get an Amaray from Amazon !
@Actarus- boy I hope your horror stories about BB are an exception and not a rule. I haven't really ordered from them- but I have the whole Bond Wave on order from them!!:OMG: I guess I'll have to hope for the best. But what could be worse than getting a steelbook with a spine slash from them? Getting 10 at once with spine slashes!
I will pray to the secular gods of best buy...
image.jpg

Reactions: Wreck
@C.C. 95 Spine Slash from Best Buys are becoming the norm not the exception. as Someone stated went downtown in store to buy Dredd Mondo and all copies had Spine Slash and had repeat issues, I am finished with them. Never had an Issue with FutureShop, may have been owned by best buy but I am sure internally they must have had a better Quality Control, with all that I have bought and not once had an issue with spine slash. Also whenever you went to a FutureShop store it was always Clean and copies were very in order at their place and straight...it had a nice clean feel. When you go to best buy, it has a ''Trashy'' Feeling, first all copies are not straight so visually it looks like a mess and copies are mixed, amarays slipcovers are almost all damaged and the feel of the store is just like not right.