Best Buy - SteelBook Retailer Thread [USA]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
bestbuy.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Best Buy.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to the USA. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Price Match policy update-thanks Neoz-

Last edited by a moderator:
Online order pick up for Snow White and The Huntsman

I have a story about my Best Buy I went there today to pick up my copy I had preordered and I am glad I did because they did not have any at the Bloomfield Hills MI left at all. Im not even sure how many they had to begin with or if they even got any in to begin with because when I asked the employees they claimed they did not know, but I still think they get first dibs and bought them all, but I have no proof because I didnt go in Tuesday at open. Well back to my store pickup fiasco. I almost didnt get this fantastic steelbook because the employee who was old and feeble could not find it at the store pick up mind u I was steeming I thought someone bought it out from under me mind u we had to go check in the ack office area at my best buy then someone working there said that there should be ONE left. Not to beliddle the old and the feeble but he didnt even find it in the Store pick up closet the younger guy did. I was very nice keeping my cool the whole time because I know them there because I go there all the time and they are probably sick of me too, but that guy that waited on me should just be a greeter no offense to the elderly. I am glad I got one copy next time Im preordering them at different locations and multiples just to be on the safeside and another thing that happened that I forgot to mention is that they sent me an email first saying pick up by the 19th then they sent me another email yesterday saying pick up by the 14th which rushed me over there today in the first place. I think they did this because an employee wanted to buy it. I really really do and am very upset with Best Buy customer service and I see why some are closing. Anybody else hate Best buy out there?

Last edited:
My Snow White and the Huntsman Online Order Delivery

Mine arrived from BestBuy.com by mail.

Note to everyone:

Do not ever order a steelbook off of BestBuy.com!

The steelbook was shipped in a regular plastic envelope and the steelbook arrived completely bent. As in, seriously bent. I have never seen anything like it before.

I'll obviously return it, but since my local Best Buys don't have any copies anymore, I guess I will end up not having one.

How freaking hard is it to pack your steelbooks decently?! Geez...

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who order steelbooks online from best buy, do you know if there is a magic number for the quantity of steelbooks that shipped in a box? what i am trying to figure out is what the minimum order that gets shipped in a box and also if there is a max number where they start to ship in separate boxes.

Steelbook95060 - I have become good friends with the woman from Anderson (the company that stocks the shelves at Best Buy) and I have seen the boxes that contain the steelbooks. The magic number is ten, although the steelbooks on both ends have a tendency to be a bit dented because there isn't any insulation inside - so I'm not sure how good a strategy it is to order a whole box of ten.

Reactions: steelbook95060
Here's my online order from BB. Luckily no dents but 2 of the 5 looked shady so i'm returning those tomorrow morning. But overall there packaging is poor and probably won't order from them again.
bby01.jpg
bby02.jpg
bby03.jpg

I received MIB 3 in the mail yesterday from Bestbuy.com and the result of it was just horrible. I ordered 2 of them and one of them had a huge dent in the upper right corner of it. The packaging was basically a plastic bag, for me the regular blu-rays get more packaging than this.

picture.php

Bought the Dark Knight Rises steelbook online the other day from Best Buy. Next up is probably The Amazing Spiderman.

I wish there was a Best Buy near my home.

Every time I ordered something from best buy, it came in a plastic baggy..Last thing I ordered was a Muppets empty metal pack..NEVER AGAIN!!

Every time I ordered something from best buy, it came in a plastic baggy..Last thing I ordered was a Muppets empty metal pack..NEVER AGAIN!!

I will never understand why they have people ship things the way they do...

Example on bf I placed 5-6 orders one was xbox live card and a bluray and it arrived in a box big enough to hold 6-8 movies!

Quick question - the budget priced BB exclusive titles appear still on the website but not titled as steel books, just "BestBuy Exclusive". Can anyone confirm that these are still the steelbook editions as opposed to regular amaray?

Quick question - the budget priced BB exclusive titles appear still on the website but not titled as steel books, just "BestBuy Exclusive". Can anyone confirm that these are still the steelbook editions as opposed to regular amaray?

I'm guessing you are referring to hangover lotr Sherlock ect...? Yes they should still be the steelbooks. They were changed to bby. ( not sure why) and if you search bby only it takes you to a stock page....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=4413890284820260855&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=bby+exclusive&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuid&qp=q626279206578636c7573697665%7E%7Eccat02015%23%230%23%2323%7E%7Enf535%7C%7C426c752d7261792044697363&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=55&iht=n

Last edited:
Reactions: TakingYoSteelz
Looks like for this year - the saturation of WB Steelbooks in Bestbuy are at its high peak.

As soon as this wave deteriorates down to Out Of Stock.. the demand of WANTS will rise.

Exact same thing when Bestbuy Stores about 4yrs ago were overflowing with Disney Steels

:scat: While the Bestbuy Upgrade & Save is in effect - go get your WB Steelies at $4.99 each! - Most Stores Ive been at... they rapidly gone!

Sorry if this has been asked before but do best buy accept payments from non US debit cards? I understand that they don't ship international but that is not a problem at the mo...
Thanks guys

hey, does anyone recall when your orders points appear in your reward zone account, whether it be pending or not. None of my latest purchases online or in store are showing up either as pending or as complete. Though I know it takes a while for them to go from pending to complete.

i have the same problem with my account right, none of my purchases for the past two weeks have posted on reward zone. Neither has my bonus 100 points for zdt pre-order or 500 points for the deal with purchasing something $10 and above. I was going to contact them after work tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

i know the longest i've had to wait for a transaction to post was a week, but who knows :dunno:

hey, for other people in the premier zone membership. I think if you have amazon prime but don't choose the 2nd day or next day delivery option they reduce the price of the item or give you a small amounr for waht you paid back

If BB did the same thing; say you ordered an item and don't choose the free expedited shipping should there be a small discount, less then the savings on shipping but at/more than a dollar, would you choose the slower shipping option?