Completed Better Call Saul (Season 6) [AMC]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Looks like the Breaking Bad fanatics don't have to be so sad anymore.

Breaking Bad‘s Saul Goodman will live on at AMC. After lengthy negotiations, the cable network and Breaking Bad producer Sony Pictures TV have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff from Vince Gilligan‘s acclaimed drama series. The spinoff series, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, had been in the works for months. It centers on one of Breaking Bad‘s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman.

Conceived by Breaking Bad creator Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould, the spinoff will be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer, AMC said. The network wouldn’t elaborate on the project’s status, but I’ve learned Better Call Saul has a series order pending the complication of Sony TV’s deals with Gilligan, Gould and Odenkirk. The pact between AMC and Sony TV came after talks between the two sides came down to the wire, with other outlets, including Netflix, which has had huge success with Breaking Bad, very interested in snatching the spinoff series.

The title of the spinoff comes from the original Saul episode of Breaking Bad, titled “Better Call Saul”, in which Walt (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse (Aaron Paul) hire the flamboyant Goodman after Badger (Matt L. Jones) is caught by the DEA. Goodman, who has been a regular presence on the show since, is a sleazy but highly competent criminal lawyer with a penchant for over-the-top TV commercials in which he uses his signature tagline “Better Call Saul!” Saul has served as Breaking Bad‘s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. While hourlong, the spinoff is expected to be be far less dark than the original series, with more comedy infused into it.

Gilligan has been high on the idea for over a year. “I would love to see a Saul Goodman spinoff,” he said in a July 2012 interview. “I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law. He’ll settle on the courthouse steps, whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun — I would like that.”
Source: Deadline

better-call-saul-logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No one else been watching the latest season? I've just spent the last two nights bingeing it and it's yet another strong season... loved the latest "desert" episode and can't wait to see what happens next!
Been watching steadily. BCS is incredible, I know most were sceptical before they started production on it, but the product we have received might have even surpassed the original in my opinion.

Been watching steadily. BCS is incredible, I know most were sceptical before they started production on it, but the product we have received might have even surpassed the original in my opinion.
Breaking Bad will always be my favourite, but Saul is also definitely up there as one of the greatest shows ever! Well, so far at least.

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Breaking Bad will always be my favourite, but Saul is also definitely up there as one of the greatest shows ever! Well, so far at least.
The acting by both Jimmy/Saul as well as Kim in brilliant, both deserve something for it. The fact that they can keep the tension so high, when you know what happens in BB, is anothing thing worthy of note.
It's definitely top-tier TV.

The acting by both Jimmy/Saul as well as Kim in brilliant, both deserve something for it. The fact that they can keep the tension so high, when you know what happens in BB, is anothing thing worthy of note.
It's definitely top-tier TV.
Couldn't agree more! It's the first time I've seen Rhea Seehorn in anything, but she's a great actor who definitely deserves more roles.

Stunning episode. It's absolutely amazing how the stories come together. Great writing. Brilliant performances by Rhea Seehorn and Tony Dalton. What a terrific show this is!
I can't wait for next week's finale, even though it means that after it, we'll have to be patient for another year before the final season airs.

Very good finale. But to be honest, I was expecting a little more after the last three episodes. Despite the usual great dialogue, fantastic camera work, editing and all that, it somehow felt like something was missing. Can't really put my finger on it, though. Maybe my expectations were just a tad too high. They still got a whole season to bring the story home dramatically. I'd rate the finale 8/10 for the moment. The whole season is a 9 for me.
I already feel bad for Howard. I don't think he deserves what's coming to him.

Reactions: harry
Finally got around to completing Season 5! HOLY HELL what an incredible season! :cool: Those final 3 episodes are absolutely intense! I seriously love that this show was created in the 1st place. We would of never gotten to see these great characters, Kim and Lalo! :drool: I fu**ing love 'em! They're definitely my favorites!

Now the wait for the final season! :banghead: :mad: :(

Reactions: kaw
Damn I got so much catching up to do with this show :wow:

I think if I recall I got to the start of season 4, not actually sure why I haven't watched this up to season 5 as we were quite enjoying this.

Definitely need to catch up on this.

Very good finale. But to be honest, I was expecting a little more after the last three episodes. Despite the usual great dialogue, fantastic camera work, editing and all that, it somehow felt like something was missing. Can't really put my finger on it, though. Maybe my expectations were just a tad too high. They still got a whole season to bring the story home dramatically. I'd rate the finale 8/10 for the moment. The whole season is a 9 for me.
I already feel bad for Howard. I don't think he deserves what's coming to him.

I think I get what you're saying. They have said that Season 6 will be the last season of the show. So they should be starting to wrap things up and maybe we expected some Bigger things to happen?
I'm not sure how they are going to do it next season. It still feels like there is a lot that needs to happen to get Jimmy to where Saul was in Breaking Bad.

I know personally I was hoping the show would eventually go into the Breaking Bad timeline and we would see Jimmy's side to things. I also was hoping we would get more of the after timeline to make some of those plot points seem worth while.

I think I get what you're saying. They have said that Season 6 will be the last season of the show. So they should be starting to wrap things up and maybe we expected some Bigger things to happen?
I'm not sure how they are going to do it next season. It still feels like there is a lot that needs to happen to get Jimmy to where Saul was in Breaking Bad.
This is exactly what I meant, yes. There's still a lot ground to be covered, which might turn out to be too much for only one more season, when they couldn't get it done in the five previous runs. On the other, I trust the creators of the show know precisely what they're doing and how the show will wrap up the lose ends nicely.

By the way, in his intro (the first minute), the guy in this season five finale recap video reflects my opinion about the last episode very well:

Oh man, the build up this season is intense! Gonna be a long couple months waiting for the second half :ohno:

Can't believe its all over.
One of the best shows ever. It's very rare that a prequel series could be this good. Especially following Breaking Bad.

One thing that always bugs me about prequels is that the steaks often feel low because we already know the outcome. But somehow BCS was able to overcome that.

I sometimes try to decide which i liked better, This, or Breaking Bad... But I think now I just see them as one whole story.