Completed Better Call Saul (Season 6) [AMC]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Looks like the Breaking Bad fanatics don't have to be so sad anymore.

Breaking Bad‘s Saul Goodman will live on at AMC. After lengthy negotiations, the cable network and Breaking Bad producer Sony Pictures TV have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff from Vince Gilligan‘s acclaimed drama series. The spinoff series, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, had been in the works for months. It centers on one of Breaking Bad‘s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman.

Conceived by Breaking Bad creator Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould, the spinoff will be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer, AMC said. The network wouldn’t elaborate on the project’s status, but I’ve learned Better Call Saul has a series order pending the complication of Sony TV’s deals with Gilligan, Gould and Odenkirk. The pact between AMC and Sony TV came after talks between the two sides came down to the wire, with other outlets, including Netflix, which has had huge success with Breaking Bad, very interested in snatching the spinoff series.

The title of the spinoff comes from the original Saul episode of Breaking Bad, titled “Better Call Saul”, in which Walt (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse (Aaron Paul) hire the flamboyant Goodman after Badger (Matt L. Jones) is caught by the DEA. Goodman, who has been a regular presence on the show since, is a sleazy but highly competent criminal lawyer with a penchant for over-the-top TV commercials in which he uses his signature tagline “Better Call Saul!” Saul has served as Breaking Bad‘s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. While hourlong, the spinoff is expected to be be far less dark than the original series, with more comedy infused into it.

Gilligan has been high on the idea for over a year. “I would love to see a Saul Goodman spinoff,” he said in a July 2012 interview. “I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law. He’ll settle on the courthouse steps, whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun — I would like that.”
Source: Deadline

better-call-saul-logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No one else been watching the latest season? I've just spent the last two nights bingeing it and it's yet another strong season... loved the latest "desert" episode and can't wait to see what happens next!

Reactions: CleverLoginName
No one else been watching the latest season? I've just spent the last two nights bingeing it and it's yet another strong season... loved the latest "desert" episode and can't wait to see what happens next!
I do!
The season is brilliant and gets stronger every week. Only the fourth episode ("Namaste") felt a bit weak, which still means great for most other TV shows, but only "good" in BCS terms. My favorite character of this season has got to be Lalo, hands down. I can't wait to see how his story arc plays out in the last two episodes!

Reactions: Noodles
I do!
The season is brilliant and gets stronger every week. Only the fourth episode ("Namaste") felt a bit weak, which still means great for most other TV shows, but only "good" in BCS terms. My favorite character of this season has got to be Lalo, hands down. I can't wait to see how his story arc plays out in the last two episodes!
Yeah, even the filler episodes are still pretty good. Lalo is one crazy SOAB! He even makes Gus look like a good guy lol. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it all goes down with him (Lalo) too. :D

Reactions: CleverLoginName