{{BIG}} Steelbook Weekend-starts Friday 12/13/2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
970x90-Z-Wk50-am-thebigSteelbookWeekend.jpg

Last edited:
Cant beat a bit of back to the future! Would love indivual SB. Would be all over them :oohyeah:

It has been why I have been holding out this long to get them on blu. I have had them on DVD for years but I kept hoping for a good steelbook release of them all. I finally gave in and could not pass them up at that price. If a steelbook set comes out down the line I won't feel as bad about getting double dipped on them now.

Finally caved and ordered the Transformers 3 steel since it dropped again :ohno:

I have now bought the Regular Bd's the Transformers Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy and now I will have all the steals EEK!

I just noticed my comments were removed from this thread from yesterday even though they were on topic but I notice snooloui's rude comments remain.

I've said my peace. So now moving back on topic again:

Zavvi have The Great Gatsby Steelbook on special offer for £23.99. Or you could buy it for standard price in HMV for £17.99. Strange offer from Zavvi if you ask me!

Last edited by a moderator:
barry, same happened to me several times last week, my posts get deleted mostly when i mentioned soon-to-come zavvi price drops...

on topic: i like the steel, i dont even think its such a mismatch between front and back. might order if it's cheaper.

Reactions: barrycameron
I just noticed my comments were removed from this thread from yesterday even though they were on topic but I notice snooloui's rude comments remain.

I've said my peace. So now moving back on topic again:

Zavvi have The Great Gatsby Steelbook on special offer for £23.99. Or you could buy it for standard price in HMV for £17.99. Strange offer from Zavvi if you ask me!

My comments were not rude though, but if you found them offensive, I apologise. I've deleted any remaining posts now, so everyone can be happy now.

On topic, I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting more from 'The Big Steelbook Weekend', it just seems like a normal weekend to me. A few price drops, a few new Steelbooks and a few Steelbooks going live, it happens every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
@barry - As far as I can see, only one of Snoo's posts remains... it actually contains a quote of yours that has since been removed, so obviously this is just a case of the post slipping by DB when she was cleaning the thread. No need to take it personally mate, but please feel free to contact an admin if you wish to discuss it further.

@severo - Having your posts deleted is never nice, but you have to understand that seeing the same Zavvi price-drop comments in every thread gets a bit tiresome for everyone after a bit. There are specific threads for that type of discussion, so please try to keep it in the relevant thread from now on. :)

My comments aren't rude though, but if you found them offensive, I apologise.

It wasn't so offensive. It was the fact that mine were deleted and your's weren't.

As one of the longest standing members EVER on here, I thought I would have been treated with a bit more respect. I am an elder. :movie:

But thanks for the apology. Appreciated.

Back on topic again:

I won't order Transformers 3 from Zavvi at any price. I have the glossy german version.

Reactions: bigducknfish
Can anyone help me? I want to cancel my copy of Die Hard 4.0 (I bought some items with 20% off) because I'm not too pleased with how Zavvi's customer service has been this weekend, both with myself and with others who I hear are having their Reservoir Dogs orders cancelled because Zavvi cocked up and won't honour their mistake. I was originally going to keep Die Hard 4, but now I don't feel Zavvi deserve my money at the minute.
When I go to the cancel screen it won't let me cancel it as it says it's part of a special offer. Can they do this? What if I for example I legitimately couldn't afford to pay for it? I don't want it anymore and I didn't see anything before I paid to tell me I wouldn't be able to cancel it in the future.

It wasn't so offensive. It was the fact that mine were deleted and your's weren't.

As one of the longest standing members EVER on here, I thought I would have been treated with a bit more respect. I am an elder. :movie:

But thanks for the apology. Appreciated.

Back on topic again:

I won't order Transformers 3 from Zavvi at any price. I have the glossy german version.

Hi Barry, Sometimes we have to clean up a thread and that means deleting some posts that aren't necessarily wrong but are leading off topic or involved in arguments. There are a lot of threads to maintain and keep on top of so sometimes we miss things or don't delete every post we need to. I can assure you there is no favouritism here and everyone is treated the same whether they are new members or have been here for some time. We try and create a friendly vibe so everyone feels welcome. If anyone has had a post removed it will have been done so for a valid reason, it's nothing personal. We are just trying out best to keep the threads clean and on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Barry, Sometimes we have to clean up a thread and that means deleting some posts that aren't necessarily wrong but are leading off topic or involved in arguments. There are a lot of threads to maintain and keep on top of so sometimes we miss things or don't delete every post we need to. I can assure you there is no favouritism here and everyone is treated the same whether they are new members or have been here for some time. We try and create a friendly vibe so everyone feels welcome. If anyone has had a post removed it will have been done so for a valid reason, it's nothing personal. We are just trying out best to keep the threads clean and on topic. Thanks for your understanding.

No problem, thanks for clearing things up Sigill.

I ordered There Will Be Blood. I dont know why. I panicked!

Reactions: Sigill
I have to say that overall I have been pretty disappointed with what has been on offer this weekend, there are quite a few Steels out there that, if they were at a good price then I would be in but none of them made it this weekend and the extra 10% offer we got was for stuff that has been cheaper in recent weeks.

But hey-ho some of the fellow Ninjas have done well so good for them :)

thanks for clarifying this, sigill!

i'm a big fan and follower of this forum, i dont visit the board not only several times a day, but several times an hour, because i like the community and love to read all the posts, comments and opinions of other movie collectors and like-minded people.
nevertheless i was also a bit upset and annoyed the last days to see every second post of mine getting deleted, but i thought there was nothing rude, offensive, not even negative about them, and see posts of other members that were clearly rude (so to speak) towards retailers and companies, remain. so i really got the feeling maybe there are members or opinions expressed that are "welcome" more than others.

but i honestly appreciate your kind words, thanks for caring!

and to keep this post on topic :)happy grin:):

i just place my orders for "there will be blood" and "tbwtsp", and i'm excited to see how long it takes them to sell out when there is only 2k instead of 4k.
i think that's a much more appropriate print-run. collectors want something rare and hard-to-find (get), and it was clearly obvious that 4k are far too many copies for movies that already had 500.000 copies amaray releases for several times.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

and regarding the "BIG STEELBOOK" weekend:

i got myself "seven samurai" for 6.50 and "the game" for 5.50 using the 20% from die hard 4.0 offer combined with the 5off50 code, and re-ordered the disney steels with 10off100, but all in all i also expected more.
i was hoping for short-time price drops (like the reservoir dogs error, maybe not for 2.99 though but for 5.99), and a better HDN code offer.

hopefully i will get some more steels of them the week after christmas. ;)

Reactions: Sigill
Hi all remember the code HIDEF10 lets you save 10% off select titles for a limited time. See thread in forum for eligible titles.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

Can anyone help me? I want to cancel my copy of Die Hard 4.0 (I bought some items with 20% off) because I'm not too pleased with how Zavvi's customer service has been this weekend, both with myself and with others who I hear are having their Reservoir Dogs orders cancelled because Zavvi cocked up and won't honour their mistake. I was originally going to keep Die Hard 4, but now I don't feel Zavvi deserve my money at the minute.
When I go to the cancel screen it won't let me cancel it as it says it's part of a special offer. Can they do this? What if I for example I legitimately couldn't afford to pay for it? I don't want it anymore and I didn't see anything before I paid to tell me I wouldn't be able to cancel it in the future.

i was told you can cancel the order if you message zavvi about it.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

[/COLOR]and regarding the "BIG STEELBOOK" weekend:

i got myself "seven samurai" for 6.50 and "the game" for 5.50 using the 20% from die hard 4.0 offer combined with the 5off50 code, and re-ordered the disney steels with 10off100, but all in all i also expected more.
i was hoping for short-time price drops (like the reservoir dogs error, maybe not for 2.99 though but for 5.99), and a better HDN code offer.

hopefully i will get some more steels of them the week after christmas. ;)

not work any discount to me:(

Status
Not open for further replies.