Mondo Big Trouble in Little China - OST (John Carpenter/Alan Howarth ) (Red Vinyl with Splatter)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August , 2018
Purchase links: Mondo (Red Vinyl) - Zavvi (Black Vinyl)
Price: $35 (Mondo) - £34.99 (Zavvi)
Notes:Remastered from its original tapes by James Plotkin for its first ever vinyl reissue.

2-BigTrouble-ONLINE.jpeg

BTILC.jpeg

Last edited:
John Carpenter classic soundtrack for his 1986 film Big Trouble in Little China is being reissued by Mondo.

It’s the first time in 30 years that the music will be available on vinyl. The 2xLP, 180-gram reissue comes in two colors: the “clear lightning bolt” version, a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive with only 500 pressed (Mondo’s booth at SDCC is #435), and a red vinyl available to purchase later through Mondo. See pictures below. The reissue, which James Plotkin remastered, features artwork by Phantom City Creative.

SDCC exclusively at Mondo’s Comic-Con booth in San Diego 19th – 22nd July
VF-JohnCarpenter-BigTroubleLittleChina-B2.jpg

Red Variant to be sold at later date on Mondo Website

2-BigTrouble-ONLINE.jpeg

BTILC.jpeg

Mondo booth couldn't be touched without waiting in line for 4 days.....LOL. Missed this and the Castlevania one.

MONDO
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Music composed by John Carpenter in association with Alan Howarth. Original artwork by Phantom City Creative. Pressed on 2X 180 Gram Red vinyl with Splatter. $35

Mondo is proud to present the complete original soundtrack to John Carpenter's '80s classic BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, available on vinyl for the first time in over 30 years. Featuring original artwork by Phantom City Creative and remastered for vinyl by James Plotkin.

The score to BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, composed by Carpenter in association with Alan Howarth, is an outlier in Carpenter's filmography. It's a heavy pulsing synth score that is simultaneously upbeat and haunting. A true genre mashup, both the film and the score are difficult to pin down, which makes their singularity all the more apparent.

btlcred_f64893f0-db6d-457e-bcb9-6e22847c5fdd_1024x1024-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: spawnshop
Zavvi photo show coloured vinyl but in description says
2XLP pressed on black wax

I'm not sure which version Zavvi are selling

Oh man I didn’t realise zavvi was selling this. But like @paulboland says it’s rhe red vinyl pic and with the black vinyl description

But then they did this with 10 clover field lane and fight club. Both turned out coloured vinyl

Not sure what to do

Oh man I didn’t realise zavvi was selling this. But like @paulboland says it’s rhe red vinyl pic and with the black vinyl description

But then they did this with 10 clover field lane and fight club. Both turned out coloured vinyl

Not sure what to do
I'm not taking the risk :rofl:

I ordered direct from mondo this evening along with Birth.Movies.Death. Halloween Magazine
Info in this thread if you are interested in the halloween mag
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...read-mondo-magazine.74794/page-5#post-2136092

Reactions: Flloydo