Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 30) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti (Pre-order July 24 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time - UTC +8)
Price: $165.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Single Lenti - Full Slip) - $47.99 (Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Single Lenti - Full Slip - Double Lenti
Notes: Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker
Chinese O-Ring Cover with DL only

Box Set: 500 Units, all editions. (Limited to 1 copy per order). WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title". Box: Hologram coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing. Includes all editions (Full Slip, Lenticular Full Slip, Double Lenticular Full Slip)
Double Lenti: 900 Units, Numbered 1-900. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Single Lenti: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Full Slip: 800 Units, Numbered 1-800. (Limited to 2 copies per order). Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

BOP_overall_box_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBOP_overall_FS_2000x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed Collectong hasn't used holofoil so far... I demand MOAR!
If you don't apply some of it on such colorful release, when are you gonna do it??

As per the OP the box has a Hologram coating on it, think the same that was applied to Manta's RPO and Aquaman OC boxes

Reactions: djjez83
Favorite color on the full slip (don’t think I have anything in my collection that color yet!) but the art isn’t quite as good as the single Lenti. Easy decision for me! Loved the film too

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hilarious to see you all praise this when Zeta slaps hard! with only two slips + steelbook and still have the main course ‘n’ dessert of the OC and 4K Lenti reveal to go. Im starting to think

View attachment 473734

:LOL::p

It’s all subjective son. I think my critique is quite fair considering they both have their pros and cons (smashes may of been an over exaggeration of mine). I’m not being bias toward manta because I usually like what both come up with (just hate zetas ethics more).
I mean, it’s pretty much the same artworks so theres not really much in it between them but I feel manta chose the right images to pair up for the full slip and zeta for the DL. That’s it really. Other than that they’re the same but manta have cropped them better (more zoomed in on zeta) but chose a less favourable image for the back of their steel. Swings and roundabouts on both

Mantas one click is excellent though. Can’t see zeta beating that especially if they choose mantas front full slip art for it. Just won’t look as good.

But CM seemed to of chosen the better arts for their slips. Their one click art looks rubbish imo (I prefer the fade of the colourful diamonds on manta and there’s too much yellow on CMs) but the slips all go very well with the back arts. Plus the backs of CMs lenticular B and full slip are 2 of my favourite arts so whoever chose them were instantly winning in my eyes. Just a shame CM chose them

It’s all subjective son. I think my critique is quite fair considering they both have their pros and cons (smashes may of been an over exaggeration of mine). I’m not being bias toward manta because I usually like what both come up with (just hate zetas ethics more).
I mean, it’s pretty much the same artworks so theres not really much in it between them but I feel manta chose the right images to pair up for the full slip and zeta for the DL. That’s it really. Other than that they’re the same but manta have cropped them better (more zoomed in on zeta) but chose a less favourable image for the back of their steel. Swings and roundabouts on both

Mantas one click is excellent though. Can’t see zeta beating that especially if they choose mantas front full slip art for it. Just won’t look as good.

But CM seemed to of chosen the better arts for their slips. Their one click art looks rubbish imo but the slips all go very well with the back arts. Plus the backs of CMs lenticular B and full slip are 2 of my favourite arts so whoever chose them were instantly winning in my eyes. Just a shame CM chose them

Yeah it’s all subjective but in saying that Manta has no theme or lack there of. Same sorta artworks but atleast they haven’t been slapped together on the Zeta. There is literally hardly any flow on the Manta’s except for the terrible FS with the swapped character variant and the very monotone back where Zeta’s back artwork of this has more contour and texture just like the official artwork. Also the steelbook colour matches from front to back but that back artwork is a huge cancel. Both of Zeta’s slips have nice flow and cohesive with one another using similar colour bases.

Manta’s OC diamond motif hues is a complete mess where’s the theme in colour hues? So Zeta can easily beat this OC using the correct poster artwork that Manta haven’t used on the FS either or though Zeta OC Lenti’s are amazing!! Zetas same diamond motif artwork on the steel plays it up and does something creative with it and uses the hues of Harley’s hair dye to make up the colours of the diamond motif couch artwork that ties in with the big Harley head on the back.

The zoom in cropping is a good thing as it fixes the bad photoshopping and doesn’t stick out as much like a sore thumb like poor Montoya does with that copy paste with the same pose. Don’t get me started that Manta have once again used a Screen Cap as artwork either.

CMs OC has a theme as well from front to back with the diamond motif that ties into the open flap using the OG artwork which I love. It’s true CM does have the best art which features 2 of Ann Bembi masterpieces plus it has one of my favourite posters for BoP (that is a very nice nod to a mondo artwork for a Batman : TAS episode called Harlequinade) without the tacked on hyena that Zeta and Manta have used but they did change the background so it would flow back to the front. I’m amazed how well of a complete package the CM is and the only thing I would change is zoom out on the police car artwork apart from that everything is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
Wow, I’m surprised so many people like the Zeta steel more than the Manta one. The slips between the two are so damn close, myself and a few others are basically choosing this release over the Zeta based primarily on this one having the superior steel. In fact, I actually like the Zeta DL a bit more than the Manta DL (not by a lot) but I like the Manta steel way more than the Zeta one (CM with the police car steel wins that too) and that’s what pushed me from the Zeta DL to the Manta DL (with SL as backup).

Taste is highly subjective but seems all over the place on this release and that’s not good for my IBS.