May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Birds of Prey

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: Cathy Yan

Cast: Margot Robbie

Release: 2020-02-07

Plot: After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord.

Perhaps the majority of male moviegoers still aren't ready to embrace movies with mostly female casts (based on past films)

Ghostbusters
Ocean's 8
Charlie's Angels

Also, opening weekend audiences were 51% female and 49% male. People under the age of 25 gave it a better rating than those over 25. So perhaps the R rating hurts there.

Of course, Suicide Squad didn't help either. Kind of like how people stayed away from Solo after The Last Jedi.

A lot of people like myself will check this out when it's released on disc or streaming but I'm not going to bother going to the theater for it. I also felt that Margot Robbie was the only good thing about Suicide Squad. She surprised me. I wasn't expecting that.

I have no issue with female led movies. But they still need to be good. Same rules for me with male led movies haha. But those 3 mentioned are all awful. Although ghostbusters was a little bit better than the stick it received.

Reactions: Stygian
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Space Cadet