May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.25 star(s) Rating: 4.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Birds of Prey

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: Cathy Yan

Cast: Margot Robbie

Release: 2020-02-07

Plot: After splitting up with The Joker, Harley Quinn and three other female superheroes – Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya – come together to save the life of a little girl (Cassandra Cain) from an evil crime lord.

1561552784124.gif

Thats awesome to hear!
My only worry is that he was brought in so late in the game. This feels like they are trying to quick FIX things cause the movie isn't good enough. I hope that isn't the case.

Thats awesome to hear!
My only worry is that he was brought in so late in the game. This feels like they are trying to quick FIX things cause the movie isn't good enough. I hope that isn't the case.

From what I've read these reshoots are all originally planned and him shooting them was always the plan because his company have been doing the stunt work from the start.

Reactions: kaw and willbar84
From what I've read these reshoots are all originally planned and him shooting them was always the plan because his company have been doing the stunt work from the start.

100% correct this is pretty normal procedure and welcome these additional scenes :joy: article I found earlier that I couldn’t have said better myself

“'John Wick' director Chad Stahelski will design new action sequences for Cathy Yan's film, and his experience suggests he will be supporting her narrative, not meddling with it.

The Birds of Prey are cranking up the action. Last week, The Hollywood Reporter learned that Cathy Yan’s upcoming DC Comics adaptation Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) will receive some backupfrom John Wick trilogy director Chad Stahelski. Stahelski’s stunt company, 87 Eleven, has been working on the film since production began. As additional photography gets under way, the stunt coordinator and filmmaker will be joining the crew in an uncredited role as second-unit director to craft more action scenes for the film. While fans have been waiting for the first trailer to finally see Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Huntress (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), Black Canary (Jurnee Smollett-Bell), Renee Montoya (Rosie Perez), and Cassandra Cain (Ella Jay Basco) in action, the long wait for footage may be because Warner Bros. wants to showcase the film’s stylish action set pieces in order to make a strong first impression. While there’s been some reservations expressed on social media, an uptick in fight scenes for an R-rated, street-level superhero movie can only be a good thing.

Of course, news of reshoots are often met with concern, despite them being a standard part of most major studio productions. The biggest movie of all-time, Avengers: Endgame, had two sessions of reshoots scheduled in fall of 2018 and spring of 2019 and no one batted an eye. No doubt, some level of that reshoot concern stems from how Warner Bros. handled Suicide Squad (2016) and Justice League (2017), resulting in very different final cuts than what were initially marketed. But things have changed at Warner Bros since then, and studio restructuring has led to some transitions of power that are promising to avoid the missteps of before. While there is perhaps some amount of trust yet to be earned from the studio when it comes to their DC properties, that is, if the successful directorial visions of Aquaman (2018) and Shazam (2019) weren’t enough, Birds of Preyappears to be in safe and capable hands.”

I’m only just catching up on this film.

First off I love the test footage, love the shots they use with slo mo, the Harley end of the world dancing and the music. Feels different but I hugely dig it. Does anyone know the music they use? Love that

Secondly, what’s with all the characters? I have no idea who these are. I thought it was all poison ivy, catwoman etc etc

That has really disappointed me

Black Mask doesn't look much like Black Mask...

...Where's the "Black... Mask"? :p

I thought they maybe taking a more grounded approach until I saw a set photo confirming the “Black Mask”. So while not used in the film’s entirely it looks like he may wear it when s**t gets real.

1567199841227.png

but when I’m hearing things like this from the test screening I can’t wait to see McGregor’s take on the Black Mask which could be better than Shannon’s performance as Zod :OMG:

Reactions: kaw
Might be a case like ‘Tenet’ going by this

Wonder how long this will stay exclusive or leaked online :naughty: but if your not planning to see IT : Chapter 2 it’s only a teaser going by this expect a full trailer when ‘Joker’ hits cinemas

Well that didn’t take long to leak online :giggle::joy::drool: here’s a recording of the Russian “Teaser” of Birds of Prey. Btw at the start the Russian translation for what Harley says is “F**k these clowns” :rofl:

Love how going into your thinking oh yeah this is an IT trailer (but with a DC logo :confused:) than Bam! Harley breaks 4th Wall, bloody brilliant can already tell this is going to be balls to the wall crazy fun and can’t wait

I honestly LOVE Harley's new style. Teaser looks cool from what I could see too!

A80F76E1-03B0-4AFE-BC91-09A68DA878CE.jpeg

Damn straight loving the many styles of Harley in this plenty of costume changes finding her new identity without the joker and apparently there’s a few we haven’t even seen yet. One of my faves is her Harley F**king Quinn outfit she ain’t taking **** from no one.

1567247922433.jpeg