Birth. Movies. Death. Discussion Thread [Mondo Magazine]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 3.48.59 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the pixar one and 3 sketch books to give away. probably grab the trek one too and continue on

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Birth.Movies.Death.
Available at Mondotees

TIM BURTON Issue

By Birth.Movies.Death.
$6.00

The Tim Burton curious and devoted can now travel deep down the rabbit hole of the director’s enchanting world with an all-Burton edition of BIRTH.MOVIES.DEATH. magazine. The collectible movie magazine comes packed with page upon page of in-depth essays and articles on the director’s films, motifs and inspirations, along with gorgeous full-color artwork and stunning design -- not to mention a cover designed by Tim Burton himself!!

Burton's exclusive art will also be available within the pages of the magazine, as well as a spread of Mondo's most popular Tim Burton prints over the years.

This is a pre-sale. Magazines will launch in early September.

Also in this issue:

The secret origins of Tim Burton, from his CalArts short films to his days at Disney to the internationally treasured filmmaker of today.

An interview with NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS director Henry Selick on working with Burton and the muscle behind that stop-motion magic.

An examination of the book behind MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN, and why it's a perfect fit for Burton's singular style.

A look at Burton's long collaboration with composer Danny Elfman, beginning with their work together on PEE-WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE.

Comprehensive explorations of Tim Burton's wide and varied career, including pieces on BEETLEJUICE, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, BATMAN RETURNS, FRANKENWEENIE, BIG FISH, PLANET OF THE APES, MARS ATTACKS and more, by a collection of brilliant writers and die-hard Burton devotees.

And plenty more!

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 7.15.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 7.15.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 7.15.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 7.15.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 7.15.45 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
I cant order any .. says no shipping options available ... not sure what is going on,.

I cant order any .. says no shipping options available ... not sure what is going on,.

I've ordered right now and it worked totally fine. Paid with Paypal. Maybe you delete browser cache and try again!?

Thanks for the update ;) But I've stopped buying BMD magazines from the moment they've sold them through Mondotees.com.. The shipping cost is killing it for me

Yeah I know that was a let down. But I order every time two issues for a buddy and me and we share the shipping cost. So it's not that bad.

• Thanks
Reactions: martinouchou
If they ever release a Guillermo del Toro book, that'll so be mine! I'm loving the Tim Burton one, but I don't think I've truly enjoyed a Burton film since Big Fish.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885