dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 3.48.59 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth.Movies.Death. KONG: SKULL ISLAND Issue

Monsters_BMD_Main_1024x1024.jpg

In celebration of KONG: SKULL ISLAND, Birth.Movies.Death. has a gorgeous, full-color commemorative issue celebrating all things giant monster! In addition to tons of in-depth editorial on King Kong himself, the issue dives into Nacho Vigalondo’s new, surprisingly intimate kaiju film COLOSSAL, as well as such other big (and we mean BIG) bads as Godzilla, King Ghidorah, The Host, a bevy of 50-Foot Women, the kaiju and mechs of PACIFIC RIM and much, much, much more. We’re talking a skyscraper-sized mag here, people.

Also featured in this issue:
  • A huge, revealing interview with KONG: SKULL ISLAND director Jordan Vogt-Roberts
  • A terrifically insightful conversation with COLOSSAL director Nacho Vigalondo
  • Examinations of British monster movies (THE GIANT BEHEMOTH! THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS! QUEEN KONG!) and American monster movies (THEM! IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA! TREMORS! ANACONDA!)
  • Love letters to SON OF KONG and KING KONG ‘76
  • A deep dive into the history of Merian C. Cooper, the father of King Kong
  • Impassioned tributes to Willis H. O’Brien’s ground-shaking special effects and Max Steiner’s all-time score in the original KING KONG
  • A brilliant discussion of the monsters within in COLOSSAL

This is a pre-sale. Magazines ship in early March.
Price:
$6

Purchase: https://mondotees.com/collections/birth-movies-death/products/kong-bmd

@kryptonite @Wreck @digitalbabe @bloodsnake007 @charlie1533pr @PunkNinja @C.C. 95 @tridon

View attachment 293729

In celebration of KONG: SKULL ISLAND, Birth.Movies.Death. has a gorgeous, full-color commemorative issue celebrating all things giant monster! In addition to tons of in-depth editorial on King Kong himself, the issue dives into Nacho Vigalondo’s new, surprisingly intimate kaiju film COLOSSAL, as well as such other big (and we mean BIG) bads as Godzilla, King Ghidorah, The Host, a bevy of 50-Foot Women, the kaiju and mechs of PACIFIC RIM and much, much, much more. We’re talking a skyscraper-sized mag here, people.

• A huge, revealing interview with KONG: SKULL ISLAND director Jordan Vogt-Roberts
    • Examinations of British monster movies (THE GIANT BEHEMOTH! THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS! QUEEN KONG!) and American monster movies (THEM! IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA! TREMORS! ANACONDA!)
    • Impassioned tributes to Willis H. O’Brien’s ground-shaking special effects and Max Steiner’s all-time score in the original KING KONG
Price: $6

Purchase: https://mondotees.com/collections/birth-movies-death/products/kong-bmd

@kryptonite @Wreck @digitalbabe @bloodsnake007 @charlie1533pr @PunkNinja @C.C. 95 @tridon

Looks like I'll be buying my first issue of BMD!

Thanks, Dan! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885

View attachment 293729

Thanks for the tag @dan8885 !
I unfortunately have a feeling this movie might not be very good.

• Thanks
Looks like I'll be buying my first issue of BMD!

Thanks, Dan! :D

Phew! $6 for the issue, $15 for shipping! They better package it up really damn good!

Yeah shipping is quite expensive even when Mondo already lowered the cost with posting with DHL eCommerce.
I always buy two and share it with a friend so we're looking at $13,50 each issue. Since there's only 4-5 issues per year I can live with that.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Yeah shipping is quite expensive even when Mondo already lowered the cost with posting with DHL eCommerce.
I always buy two and share it with a friend so we're looking at $13,50 each issue. Since there's only 4-5 issues per year I can live with that.

That's a smart idea. If I had someone around here interested in the same thing, I could do the same.

Just reading the description of the issue... almost seems like there will be more about Colossal in there than Kong: Skull Island. Not a single mention of Kong 2005 either. I hope they talk about that if they're talking about Kong '76.

• Thanks
That's a smart idea. If I had someone around here interested in the same thing, I could do the same.

Just reading the description of the issue... almost seems like there will be more about Colossal in there than Kong: Skull Island. Not a single mention of Kong 2005 either. I hope they talk about that if they're talking about Kong '76.

Seems like that's not a major part of the issue. But I ordered the US Ultimate Edition of King Kong so I think I got enough features there to look at.
I don't know much about Colossal so I like to get into that. And the history of Merian C. Cooper and the stuff about special effects and score sounds very interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Seems like that's not a major part of the issue. But I ordered the US Ultimate Edition of King Kong so I think I got enough features there to look at.
I don't know much about Colossal so I like to get into that. And the history of Merian C. Cooper and the stuff about special effects and score sounds very interesting.

The Merian C. Cooper stuff has me VERY interested!

• Thanks

View attachment 293729

SWEET! :woot: Thanks for the tag @dan8885 :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and tridon
ordered this and kong.

if anyone missing any older ones and need help. holla. (except bVs and starwars)