Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
2.40 star(s) Rating: 2.40/5 5 Votes
Title: Black Adam

Genre: Action, Fantasy

Cast: Dwayne Johnson

Release: 2022-07-29

Plot: A spin-off from 'Shazam!' centering on the film's anti-hero, Black Adam.

“Jungle Cruise” director Jaume Collet-Serra and Dwayne Johnson are reuniting for Johnson’s first foray into the comic-book world.

Sources tell Variety that Collet-Serra is in negotiations to direct Johnson in the New Line film “Black Adam,” based on the DC Comics character.

According to insiders, the film is a priority for the studio following the success of “Shazam!” in addition to the hype surrounding Johnson’s first entry into the superhero realm. As for Collet-Serra, “The Shallows” director has been a front-runner for the film ever since his work with Johnson and producers Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia and Beau Flynn on Disney’s “Jungle Cruise.”

Johnson was very impressed with how Collet-Serra handled himself on such a large production and was surprised how seamlessly he was able to transition from darker material to much lighter material with such ease. Once production ended on “Jungle Cruise,” the decision to name him the director of “Black Adam” was an easy one to make.

Source: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/jaume-collet-serra-black-adam-dwayne-johnson-1203138975

cshb1Mm6.jpg

He mentions Superman a lot in that post. Really hope that's a hint we'll see Superman back soon(hopefully Cavill). Black Adam isn't really a character I'm familiar with, it'll be cool to see The Rock play an anti-hero.

Reactions: willbar84
Curious... is this going to FULLY focus on Black Adam? ...or is this going to have Shazam in it as well?

Maybe this is just a straight BA film and then we have to wait until the next one to get them to square off?
Would be awesome to see Shazam + Superman vs Black Adam.

• Friendly
Reactions: willbar84
Curious... is this going to FULLY focus on Black Adam? ...or is this going to have Shazam in it as well?

Maybe this is just a straight BA film and then we have to wait until the next one to get them to square off?
Would be awesome to see Shazam + Superman vs Black Adam.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure I read/heard somewhere a while back that Dwayne himself said it would focus on BA's origins and THEN they'll do a Shazam vs Black Adam movie.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure I read/heard somewhere a while back that Dwayne himself said it would focus on BA's origins and THEN they'll do a Shazam vs Black Adam movie.

And that makes sense. Do it right.
I know the original Shazam Script focused on BOTH of them but they thought it would be too much for 1 movie.

Reactions: Noodles
And that makes sense. Do it right.
I know the original Shazam Script focused on BOTH of them but they thought it would be too much for 1 movie.
Yeah, they've definitely learned from Justice League I reckon... introduce your characters first and give them the time/focus they deserve.

Damn not only are we getting Hawkman in Black Adam but were also getting Dr Fate and Isis :woot::joy: DC are really starting to thrive with their magical side of the DCEU now and can’t wait. Which hopefully means we are getting closer and closer to Justice League Dark and Zatanna ooh yeah :oohyeah:

Last edited:
Swole AF damn!! Obviously no padding required for the suit while those veins will be trying to burst from the seams lol

Damn! He is huge now, I mean he could seriously compete on the bodybuilding circuit if he wanted. Here's a then and now photo and he's even bigger now...

maxresdefault.jpg

Damn! He is huge now, I mean he could seriously compete on the bodybuilding circuit if he wanted. Here's a then and now photo and he's even bigger now...

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow total transformation sometimes you forget how much he has changed since the late 90s when he was a superstar in the WWF. Zac Levi better start bulking up now if he wants to stand a chance and go toe to toe with “The People’s (/Seventh :whistle: :D) Champion” in Shazam! 2 lol

1578125561787.gif

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database