Black Swan Screening at Mondo Con - Print and Vinyl

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Clint Mansell's score for Darren Aronofsky's film BLACK SWAN (2010) is a unique creature in itself - adapting Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake, and deconstructing it into a modern film score for a twisted fairy tale. Purists may cringe at the idea of modifying Tchaikovsky's seminal work, but it honestly results in one of the most unique and resonant film scores of the last 10 years, and easily one of the most remarkable examples of music adaptation in film to date.

Mansell has scored Darren Aronofsky's entire feature filmography, which includes PI (1998) Requiem For A Dream (2000) The Fountain (2006) The Wrestler (2008) and Noah (2014).

We're thrilled to release the BLACK SWAN soundtrack (on vinyl for the first time) at MondoCon, and to celebrate we're hosting a free afternoon screening of the film on Sunday (Oct. 4th) with a discussion of the film's music with Critic and Composer Brian Satterwhite. Note: You must have a MondoCon wristband to attend the screening.

We'll also have a poster featuring Sam Wolfe Connelly's artwork, available at the Mondo Booth throughout the weekend!
black_swan_1.jpg black_swan_2.jpg black_swan_3.jpg

Black Swan by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 16"x24" screen print.
Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting.

Black Swan 2XLP. Original Score by Clint Mansell. Artwork by Sam Wolfe Connelly.
Disc 1: 180 Gram Clear Vinyl with White swirl / Disc 2: 180 Gram Clear Vinyl with Blue & Black Swirl.
Also available on 2XLP 180 Gram Black Vinyl.

Looks great! I'll have to listen to that score again to see if it's something that I'd like to own. Mansell's work is usually mindblowing!

any steelbook for it?

that vinyl is amazing and I like when Clint Mansell works with Arnofsky (which is a lot) but I just can't start a Vinyl collection