May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Black Widow

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Cate Shortland

Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Rachel Weisz

Release: 2020-05-01

Plot: At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative.

Source: ComingSoon.net
Black.jpg

Captain America: Civil War marks the fifth time that Scarlett Johansson has played Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, in a Marvel Studios movie and the cry for her own solo film has never been louder. Promises have been made over the years, but now, speaking with Deadline, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the studio is “committed” to making a solo film for the character in the future.

“We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow…We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”

Marvel Studios currently has only one female-led feature on their schedule, Captain Marvel, which is set for release March 8, 2019, though the upcoming Ant-Man sequel will be co-headliner titled Ant-Man and The Wasp, set to debut July 6, 2018. There are three Marvel Studios movies without titles set for release in 2020 on May 1, July 10, and November 6, respectively; though it remains to be seen if any of them will be a Black Widow movie.
popcorn2.gif

Sounds good to me.We all knew it had to happen sooner or later.I just don't see where they are going to go with her other then the avengers .i mean they teased some stuff in Age Of Ultron but other than that.

Black widow is a full time avenger now, i don't see her pulling a Wolverine and leaving for an undetermined amount of time.I'm interested to see what they pull outta the bag for this one.

I'm still interested in a Hawkeye widow movie.

Always hoped this would happen and knew it probably would eventually... they'd be stupid not to do it IMO. :greedy:
Sounds good to me.We all knew it had to happen sooner or later.I just don't see where they are going to go with her other then the avengers .i mean they teased some stuff in Age Of Ultron but other than that.

Black widow is a full time avenger now, i don't see her pulling a Wolverine and leaving for an undetermined amount of time.I'm interested to see what they pull outta the bag for this one.

I'm still interested in a Hawkeye widow movie.
Glad to see you've changed your tune after once telling me that she'd never get her own movie. :bored: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
About time.

I reakon it would be very different to the other marvel films though

Always hoped this would happen and knew it probably would eventually... they'd be stupid not to do it IMO. :greedy:

Glad to see you've changed your tune after once telling me that she'd never get her own movie. :bored: :p
I am capable of admitting when i was wrong or said something stupid (n):bag: .i never thought they would green light her movie, but with Disney and Marvel all getting on the Marry sue train it only makes sense.I still have no idea where her story goes without the Avengers,though.I mean, shield is gone, the avengers are having a war so who does she work for?She has no reason to go after anyone from her past because she could have done that a hundred times over by now.

I am capable of admitting when i was wrong or said something stupid (n):bag: .i never thought they would green light her movie, but with Disney and Marvel all getting on the Marry sue train it only makes sense.I still have no idea where her story goes without the Avengers,though.I mean, shield is gone, the avengers are having a war so who does she work for?She has no reason to go after anyone from her past because she could have done that a hundred times over by now.
You had/have a point to be fair, and I'd never really considered any of that until you mentioned it. Obviously they'll figure something out though... would be cool to see them do an origin story in which they could include Hawkeye, but it's probably a bit late for that now unfortunately.

Black Widow is a great complementary character but I definitely think it is a character worth exploring in a Netflix miniseries or stand alone origin film.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
I hope it happens for Phase Four. This would be my ideal Phase 4 lineup:

Fantastic Four: The Hate Monger - 23rd April 2020
Spider-Man: The Quake - 16th October 2020
Black Widow: Tale of Suspense - 13th March 2021
Spider-Gwen: Most Wanted? - 26th November 2021
The Avengers: The Heroic Age - 17th April 2022

I hope it happens for Phase Four. This would be my ideal Phase 4 lineup:

Fantastic Four: The Hate Monger - 23rd April 2020
Spider-Man: The Quake - 16th October 2020
Black Widow: Tale of Suspense - 13th March 2021
Spider-Gwen: Most Wanted? - 26th November 2021
The Avengers: The Heroic Age - 17th April 2022
I don't see this happening.Not that i don't want it but come on.I would look out more for a She Hulk or Scarlett Witch movie.

You had/have a point to be fair, and I'd never really considered any of that until you mentioned it. Obviously they'll figure something out though... would be cool to see them do an origin story in which they could include Hawkeye, but it's probably a bit late for that now unfortunately.

It would have to be an origin story IMO and was cool seeing a little glimpse of her past in age of ultron

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't see this happening.Not that i don't want it but come on.I would look out more for a She Hulk or Scarlett Witch movie.
I don't either but I would like it to happen. As for She-Hulk, I'd rather see her introduced in an MCU Fantastic Four movie. Probably a third one, with the second Fantastic Four being the introduction of Namor.

I don't either but I would like it to happen. As for She-Hulk, I'd rather see her introduced in an MCU Fantastic Four movie. Probably a third one, with the second Fantastic Four being the introduction of Namor.
Namor would be bad ass, but you know how these character deals are with marvel.

as far as FF goes, i hope they get the rights back and do it right but i won't hold my breathe.

Namor would be bad ass, but you know how these character deals are with marvel.

as far as FF goes, i hope they get the rights back and do it right but i won't hold my breathe.
I think it'll happen sooner rather than later. Fox won't make another Fan4stic after the first one flopped and I doubt they'll want to risk another reboot. We might see something similar to the Sony-Marvel deal, where Marvel have creative control but it's still technically a Fox movie.

key word catch ... Kevin said "the character" not Scarlett as BW. :wow:

So this could mean a reboot with a younger actress.

Nope, Scarlett is Black Widow. Without her I'm out.

Yeah I love her as BW ... I think a movie would be easy to make where half the movie is flash backs with younger girl. (origin like)

I almost wonder tho if she doesnt want to do it ... she already does a lot of other movies combined with the marvel and if she was doing the MCU ones plus a solo franchise doubt she would have much time for other movies.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database