217763_slip.jpg

Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase link: hmv
Price: £34.99
01-470926.jpg

• Limited Edition Deluxe Packaging featuring new artwork
  • Booklet featuring Photographs and Production Notes
  • 5 Artcards designed by Matt Ferguson

Fantastic Movie. Pity Zimmer actually forgot to write good music for it. Just got carried away with sound design on the CS-80 that there is actually no decent music in the film except for the rendition of 'Tears in Rain'. Strange as it sounds but if you overlay some of the soundtrack from the original film by Vangelis, it actually works really well. Really not sure what Zimmer was doing. He also wasn't the originally selected composer from my understanding.

Fantastic Movie. Pity Zimmer actually forgot to write good music for it. Just got carried away with sound design on the CS-80 that there is actually no decent music in the film except for the rendition of 'Tears in Rain'. Strange as it sounds but if you overlay some of the soundtrack from the original film by Vangelis, it actually works really well. Really not sure what Zimmer was doing. He also wasn't the originally selected composer from my understanding.
Seriously? Have you listened to 'Mesa'?? Zimmer and Wallfisch weren't the first choice for the movie. Jóhann Jóhannsson did a first version of the soundtrack that probably will never see the light of day. Villeneuve said in an interview that that was the only time in the production where he had to step in and make a strong artistic change. Why exactly is to my knowledge not known but my guess is, that the first version was a completely original vision with no ties to the vangelis sound because Villeneuve hinted that he was sure that he wanted the CS-80 sound in the movie which wasn't there with Jóhannsson. I like the choice villeneuve made since i personally love the soundtrack.

Having a CS-80 and using for a decent soundtrack are two different things. I think they got carried away with the sound design but end to end it was a poor soundtrack. Mesa is just one track. The rest is really dull.

Received my copy today and I genuinely think this is my new favourite BR2049 edition. The slip is thick/sturdy card with a foil like finish, and I honestly wasn't expecting there to be artwork on the back (I assumed it would've had the info printed -- thankfully that's all on a j-card instead), but it uses a variant of the front art with Deckard on, along with some other slight changes to it. Even the booklet has some pretty cool art on both sides, and it's a nice little read too. As for the Matt Ferguson art cards... I reckon I'm going to get them framed, because that's how much I love 'em! The digipack itself is decent, although the art used is kinda blurry, but then again that's no fault of the studio, as the still itself was always blurry due to it being a rainy scene. My only very minor complaint is the spine... the title isn't centered, and this was obviously done on purpose so that the j-card didn't cover part of it up. Sorry I haven't posted any photos, but I'm unable to at the moment, and I'm sure mine wouldn't do the edition justice anyway, so we're probably best waiting for a pro to come along. ;)