[CANCELED] Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.?) [Hong Kong]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchamp444

Dark Knight Blufans GB Survivor
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2016
Canada
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

br2049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't true of LLL though, right? That was WEA, 4K was available.

True, but from what I have heard the Studio was really difficult to deal with for LLL Release...
Only Steelbook to include the 4K was Canada. No other Steel/Premium had a 4K Release.

This Title seems to be Different, HDzeta for a WWA Premium is getting the 4K and also FAC will have the 4K,
so I would be really stunned if Manta would not be able to get it.
This seems to be a movie Title where the 4K is really ''In Demand'' as Opposed to LLL was not as wanted for it.

Reactions: dchamp444
Nice

Not bothered about the 4K though so hopefully it don’t come with every edition to cut down costs.

Already got it In the HMV steel and I have no need for a second 4K disc
Same. And if they do decide not to include in one particular edition, then hopefully it's not the ugliest one! :bored: :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
That's good the way you've gone for the more somber, pensive mood, rather than the orange/blue of the official poster, @SEAN3431476.

As for official stuff (am I going to get this finished before @virkia shows up?), this particular Photoshop remix hasn't been steelbooked yet:

13726880_f520.jpg

And I could see these character posters as a transitional lenti, like the BF Rogue One single lenti:

4gQCkplv_o.jpg new-blade-runner-2049-character-posters-and-a-imax-promo-counts-down-to-the-future1.jpg Blade-Runner-character-posters-1-600x875.jpg embed-59bdd41093325.jpg

Not fantastic, but there's not much to go with for the official posters. :( I mean, I know we don't want this one, right?

blade-runner-23.jpg

Last edited:
Does the world really need another Blade Runner steelbook?

This is the problem with steelbook collecting these days, too many retailers bringing out too many versions of the same movie. What have we had so far, the Best Buy versions, zavvis version, hmv mondo and filmarenas in the pipe line and now Manta? Just seems over kill if you ask me. They'd do better in my opinion persuing a title that hasn't been released before or that has had limited releases

Does the world really need another Blade Runner steelbook?

This is the problem with steelbook collecting these days, too many retailers bringing out too many versions of the same movie. What have we had so far, the Best Buy versions, zavvis version, hmv mondo and filmarenas in the pipe line and now Manta? Just seems over kill if you ask me. They'd do better in my opinion persuing a title that hasn't been released before or that has had limited releases
Zeta and Kimchi also dressed up the BR 2049 WWA

to be honest i would rather have a premium Blade Runner 1982 than another BR2049. I love both Drew Struzan and John Alvin official posters..and I know the Sruzan art has been used by the Canadian steel but that can be improved by gloss and 'bossing..but I think these retailers might need to release the newer film (i.e Alien Covenant, War for the Planet of the Apes) before the studios will let them tackle the older films in the franchise.

The entire film is basically a moving piece of art, so you could simply grab a shot from it and it'd probably make a rather nice looking steel/slip IMO.

But anyway, this is a concept I actually started working on a while ago but couldn't be bothered to finish (the head on the back was causing me aggro lol) until now...

#120 Blade Runner 2049 (2) (SC).png

I don't think it matters how many different steelbooks of a particular film are released . . . not as if 10 steelbooks for a particular film will mean that 9 other films will not get the steelbook treatment . . .
More a good thing if anything as it gives the casual buyer the choice of hopefully finding one style that pleases and also gives completists a wide selection of styles to add to their "Blade Runner" collections.

Refreshing to see the creativity of design from the talented members here . . . and although I feel that the steelbooks for this film are decent enough there just isn't one that stands head and shoulders above the rest . . . except for maybe the FAC with its clever melding of the two separate images across the covers and which will I imagine have a good finish as well as a de-bossed title.

Anyway, a run down of the BLADE RUNNER 2049 steelbooks (so far) in order of personal preference:-
#1 ... FAC (WEA)
upload_2018-3-23_2-57-25.png
upload_2018-3-23_3-0-35.png

==============================================================================================================================================================================
#2 ... WWA 1 - also available in various territories with a brace of BR 2049 whiskey tumblers / different disc options
upload_2018-3-23_2-45-27.png
upload_2018-3-23_2-29-56.png
Blade-Runner-2049-steelbook-verres.jpg

===================================================================================================================================================================================
#3 ... JAPAN (WEA - only available with the Japan exclusive Premium Box)
upload_2018-3-23_2-8-55.png
upload_2018-3-23_2-11-21.png
IMG_20180304_160219.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

===================================================================================================================================================================================
#4 ... The Americas 1
upload_2018-3-23_1-57-54.png
upload_2018-3-23_2-17-31.png
UNlnjVb.jpg

=================================================================================================================================================================================
#5 ... The Americas 2
upload_2018-3-23_2-2-16.png
maxresdefault.jpg
XT1A6748.jpg

#6 ... WWA 2 - in France also available w/ the Blaster Edition
upload_2018-3-23_1-58-56.png
Interior same as WWA 1
Blade-Runner-2049-steelbook-2.jpg
Blade-Runner-2049-Coffret-Edition-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4K-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-3D.jpg

=================================================================================================================================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.