Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray Wooden Collector's Set) (UHD Club Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

38132189_2182863988451069_647298670118567936_n.jpg 38537204_10155833901338240_9058323981337100288_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have every MLIFE release to date, all of them, and I think they are some of the best releases out there. Why do people who have never bought these or even seen any of the titles in hand always saying everything is a bootleg? Where's your proof? It's just speculation on the part of some "collectors" who don't own any of the titles. You can bet if most of the release were available in stores that a lot of the skeptics here would be buying these left and right once they saw in person how beautiful these really are. And I have the wood box set for Wonder Woman from UHD Club and this is just spectacular! Can't wait for Blade Runner 2049 wooden box set. Bring it on! I believe you guys are missing out on some great releases simply because of what others are saying about them. Don't let other people make up your mind for you, bite the bullet and purchase at least one of MLIFE titles and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

In case you are referring to me. 1) I never said they weren't nice. 2) I own some great "unofficial" stuff.

And some people who did buy btw, got letters from customs of seizure as discussed in the hellboy thread. fyi. But that never meant that the hellboy edition wasn't awesomely made.

Remember SteelArchive? They ran off with thousands of dollars from members. People take caution is all cause not every retailer will or can economically reimburse those whose items get caught etc. Consumers and members of the Community do not know the difference of what is 100% legit and what isnt. What has a license for x territory and not global etc. Just a matter of slowing down the process, trying to make sure people are safe. That is all.

Seriously, some guy from China states he’s the sole agent for these releases and wants us to buy his story?

China? The home of bootleg, illegal and illegitimate media? Hey I know everyone has to make a living, but taking the word of someone who manufactures ‘official’ products in one of the most corruption laden countries on earth? I’ll stick with my Nigerian lottery winnings thanks.

They ask the doubters for proof that they're bootlegs... how about they show us proof that they are indeed legit? All we've seen so far are randoms coming here to tell stories... thankfully the majority of us aren't as naive as they'd like to believe. ;)

China is known to use Agents for their dealings to add a buffer. Just taking at face value he is the sole agent.

They have worked with Chinese film directors and such for those Chinese films and I never suggested that those films ever had any suspicion.

I will work through to better vet for the safety of all to the best of our ability. There are some great looking releases coming, just want to make sure if people purchase they get their merch is all. No sense to rush in.

There is no denying that these are beautiful editions. Having poked around a bit, I have taken the plunge on a couple but I still am not certain how to ascertain that I am not skirting someone's copyright, so any help confirming distribution license would be most welcome. I am neither accusing nor implying anything negative about MLIFE or UHD Club.

China is known to use Agents for their dealings to add a buffer. Just taking at face value he is the sole agent.

They have worked with Chinese film directors and such for those Chinese films and I never suggested that those films ever had any suspicion.

I will work through to better vet for the safety of all to the best of our ability. There are some great looking releases coming, just want to make sure if people purchase they get their merch is all. No sense to rush in.

And in the time it took me to write two sentences, you offer a solution to the dilemma. :D :thumbs:

Seriously, some guy from China states he’s the sole agent for these releases and wants us to buy his story?

China? The home of bootleg, illegal and illegitimate media? Hey I know everyone has to make a living, but taking the word of someone who manufactures ‘official’ products in one of the most corruption laden countries on earth? I’ll stick with my Nigerian lottery winnings thanks.
They ask the doubters for proof that they're bootlegs... how about they show us proof that they are indeed legit? All we've seen so far are randoms coming here to tell stories... thankfully the majority of us aren't as naive as they'd like to believe. ;)
Why keep up this accusations? If it's not your cup of tea or you're just annoyed you're too late to the party, use that as an excuse to not buy these (awesome) releases. Or is it just to gain-say everything these retailers say.....

Reactions: yf728 and tanokike
Why keep up this accusations? If it's not your cup of tea or you're just annoyed you're too late to the party, use that as an excuse to not buy these (awesome) releases. Or is it just to gain-say everything these retailers say.....
Because folks keep coming here making their own claims, so I'm simply just replying... I thought that was how forums worked *shrug*

As for the editions themselves... I actually think they look pretty decent, but I don't collect bootlegs, so I'm definitely not annoyed at being "late to the party" lol.

I don't buy bootlegs but these do look cool :thumbs: I know one of the UHD Club releases comes with "exclusive" art cards and on one of the art cards they were using art i saw on Poster Spy it was for The Matrix but I contacted the artist about it and they weren't aware of it until I brought it up on Messenger oh and how is Nakshatra Cinemuseum doing? Steelarchive is gone too :happy:

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
I usually tend to sit back and read some of the silly posts and smh then move on to another thread. However I'll make an exception as the silliness keeps dragging its feet in here, specially when someone like Wreck's word and motives are put in doubt by some [REDACTED] and we have the usual "defense lawyers" harassing other members for asking justified questions.

Whoever is claiming that these are legit releases is the party that is supposed to offer proof when asked, not the other way around. As mentioned in other threads, some have had their orders seized by customs and later destroyed since the seller couldn't offer proof that these were approved releases.

The thing you need to be aware of, (and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular) is that although they may be getting the discs from the distributor in a particular territory, does not mean in any way, shape or form that the artwork(s) that they are using on a given release has/have been green-lit by the studio. Furthermore, it costs a ton of money to obtain a global license and distribute internationally which is why these "retailers" stick to a couple hundred copies. It allows them to stay under the radar and not attract the attention of the studios (though that can change at any moment) who would then be - through their armadas of lawyers - sending "cease and desists" or prosecution will ensue.

So, in short, to those doubting and asking questions about the legitimacy of these releases, you have all the right to do so. And be assured that we have nothing but everyone's interests at heart as we all work hard for our cash only to see it destroyed/burned when ceased by customs, so caution is advised, nay strongly recommended.

As for the self-appointed lawyers on here, take it easy. You got your copies all fine and dandy without any issues? Then good for you but you have no right to try and silence the other members and try to intimidate them via mockery and so on.

#WeAreWatching

Over and out.

I don't buy bootlegs but these do look cool :thumbs: I know one of the UHD Club releases comes with "exclusive" art cards and on one of the art cards they were using art i saw on Poster Spy it was for The Matrix but I contacted the artist about it and they weren't aware of it until I brought it up on Messenger oh and how is Nakshatra Cinemuseum doing? Steelarchive is gone too :happy:
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I usually tend to sit back and read some of the silly posts and smh then move on to another thread. However I'll make an exception as the silliness keeps dragging its feet in here, specially when someone like Wreck's word and motives are put in doubt by some [REDACTED] and we have the usual "defense lawyers" harassing other members for asking justified questions.

Whoever is claiming that these are legit releases is the party that is supposed to offer proof when asked, not the other way around. As mentioned in other threads, some have had their orders seized by customs and later destroyed since the seller couldn't offer proof that these were approved releases.

The thing you need to be aware of, (and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular) is that although they may be getting the discs from the distributor in a particular territory, does not mean in any way, shape or form that the artwork(s) that they are using on a given release has/have been green-lit by the studio. Furthermore, it costs a ton of money to obtain a global license and distribute internationally which is why these "retailers" stick to a couple hundred copies. It allows them to stay under the radar and not attract the attention of the studios (though that can change at any moment) who would then be - through their armadas of lawyers - sending "cease and desists" or prosecution will ensue.

So, in short, to those doubting and asking questions about the legitimacy of these releases, you have all the right to do so. And be assured that we have nothing but everyone's interests at heart as we all work hard for our cash only to see it destroyed/burned when ceased by customs, so caution is advised, nay strongly recommended.

As for the self-appointed lawyers on here, take it easy. You got your copies all fine and dandy without any issues? Then good for you but you have no right to try and silence the other members and try to intimidate them via mockery and so on.

#WeAreWatching

Over and out.
Well said. :thumbs:

Are they...? Diskino is legit. Director Yang Lu and cinematographer Qiming Han didrecord audio commentaries for the two Brotherhood of Blades movies for the release of Mlife 'Brotherhood of Blades'. Will they do that for boorlegs? I don't think so ;)

Source IMDB: https://pro.imdb.com/company/co0690440/ (you'll need a Pro subscription)

You may be right but at the same time let's face it, China has little respect for IP trademark laws that the most of the world recognizes and they bootleg everything under the sun. If they're legit that's great but people have the right to be suspicious when they have a long and storied history of making business out of it.

I have sent an email to both Warner US and Sony US asking about the legitimacy of these releases. Both are investigating UHD Club and MLife to ascertain whether they are legitimate or not. Whether either get back to me is yet to be seen. I dispise bootlegs with a vengeance. So if it turns out these are in fact bootlegs then the Chinese Sole Agent can take a flying leap. If not I will apologise on this forum. I’m not miffed I missed the boat. I just hate criminals.