Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray Wooden Collector's Set) (UHD Club Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

38132189_2182863988451069_647298670118567936_n.jpg 38537204_10155833901338240_9058323981337100288_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that one is nice. What I meant is that it's not very interesting if they release movie after movie in the same box, just picture and the title in the box changes. Gets old pretty fast IMO.
Presumably the images allowed by the rights holder is limited for whatever reasons . . . but real wood packaging has got to be more desirable than card, no matter how thick.

As for the images in the OP - the teal and orange has been used ad nauseam . . .
1535144766369.png
1535144836924.png

. . . the blue/mauve looks nice although should be a wraparound design w/ the front art on the back as per the cool poster:-
1535144558212.png

Presumably the images allowed by the rights holder is limited for whatever reasons . . . but real wood packaging has got to be more desirable than card, no matter how thick.

Not for me. Each to his/hers own. Space is precious.

Not for me. Each to his/hers own. Space is precious.
I quite agree that's why I make use of both sides of each shelving unit thus fitting about 1,000 Blu-rays/steelbooks in each.
A less expensive version of something like this - in wood (to keep things on topic):-
library-furniture-500x500.jpg

I have sent an email to both Warner US and Sony US asking about the legitimacy of these releases. Both are investigating UHD Club and MLife to ascertain whether they are legitimate or not. Whether either get back to me is yet to be seen. I dispise bootlegs with a vengeance. So if it turns out these are in fact bootlegs then the Chinese Sole Agent can take a flying leap. If not I will apologise on this forum. I’m not miffed I missed the boat. I just hate criminals.
waiting for the investigating results

Upon reviewing the documents I have been shown. Its only been more odd. I have a contact who says he is in direct contact with MLIFE/WCL and they are again stating they have nothing to do with UHD. 2 diff companies. Yet the agent has told me he is actually all of them. And has had contracts for all. If you arent the same, how would you have private contracts for all? I'm lost on that one.

Never the less I have never doubted any chinese film from MLIFE/WCL ... I have never doubted any of the discs themselves even for hollywood films being bootleg. The contracts which do look official enough prove that these discs are legit as I suspected. (we've been offered such things here in USA to help me better judge etc.) My doubts for any of it the entire time was the freedom of art and the small qty helped prove that as money talks, and people in same regions spending much more money can't get that stuff approved so that was the red flag to me. So my suspicions only ever came from that part of the process. Not the discs.

There has been nothing that mirrors the approval process in which we dealt with in both USA/UK on creative assets/art etc. and its more rudimentary. One could claim well this is China, not USA/UK but some of which are same studios we dealt with. Point being from the one small snippit of info i saw in this regard it would at least cover them to then get a slap on the hand and perhaps be told to stop selling if the art has unapproved actor likenesses etc. (or a c&d if that even exists in china) However if they are using assets/art that is already approved then they should then have little to no risk as their deals are official for china. In that case it would mirror that of other Chinese labels people are familiar with. Granted I was informed of no language in the contract about the packaging itself. So not 100% sure if their would be any issue in that regard. I doubt there would be much care so long as other parts are legit and that its not USA based. The licensor is dealing in multiple film studios thus is an International Film Agent and in that regard its been lax on the art approval. In business some things are "what risk are you willing to take" and it seems that if the screen shots are legitimate then in the case of 2 titles that the risk is on the agent/distrib not the Company in question on that one.

Personally speaking, I think this is why there has been a move towards more official art being used. Just like this blade runner release.

We will allow coverage of these titles here until we are told otherwise by the powers that be if there is ever anything to worry about.

I have now seen the certificate of patent for the wooden box for uhd and it appears its for china only. Not a globally recognized patent, and if it is anyone can freely link that evidence of findings to prove otherwise.

@Wreck to summ it up. This is legit or bootleg in your opinion?

I have now seen the certificate of patent for the wooden box for uhd and it appears its for china only. Not a globally recognized patent, and if it is anyone can freely link that evidence of findings to prove otherwise.
actually, HDZETA, BLUFANS, UHDCLUB and Diskino (WCL/MLIFE) can only sell in china mainland, excluded HK TW and Macao. Sold abroad is illegal. Every package should be written on that. Diskino purchase exclusive Chinese film's rights for years, territory is only in china mainland too. and All of labels in china is same situation about hollywood studios' films release, that is china mainland sales only, excluded hong kong taiwan and macao.

• Informative
Reactions: Wreck
actually, HDZETA, BLUFANS, UHDCLUB and Diskino (WCL/MLIFE) can only sell in china mainland, excluded HK TW and Macao. Sold abroad is illegal. Every package should be written on that. Diskino purchase exclusive Chinese film's rights for years, territory is only in china mainland too. and All of labels in china is same situation about hollywood studios' films release, that is china mainland sales only, excluded hong kong taiwan and macao.
In that case buying these on Ebay or somewhere else is just as illegal as going to China on holiday, buy these items and bring m home. But it's 2018 and those things happen in a small world where we have internet.... a couple years ago I had to buy US blurays because they're always approx 3 months earlier for sale as the dutch releases... illegal? Not imo

In that case buying these on Ebay or somewhere else is just as illegal as going to China on holiday, buy these items and bring m home. But it's 2018 and those things happen in a small world where we have internet.... a couple years ago I had to buy US blurays because they're always approx 3 months earlier for sale as the dutch releases... illegal? Not imo
It’s not illegal to purchase if the rights to a release is limited to a certain territory, but it’s illegal for the distributor to sell them to outside of that territory. I don’t know the exact contracts that Hdzeta, Blufans etc have to the rights but just in general. However it is of course easy to bypass by selling them to a third-party who then sells them internationally.

Reactions: Wreck
@Wreck to summ it up. This is legit or bootleg in your opinion?
It’s not illegal to purchase if the rights to a release is limited to a certain territory, but it’s illegal for the distributor to sell them to outside of that territory. I don’t know the exact contracts that Hdzeta, Blufans etc have to the rights but just in general. However it is of course easy to bypass by selling them to a third-party who then sells them internationally.

The right to resale has different laws in different Countries.

The film industry is different then most industries in how they manage things. the big six as often referred. (wb,fox,paramount,universal,sony, disney) often use what are called International Film Agents where their studio doesnt have a true prescence for that part of their business in said Country. Example, Sony USA handles USA and Sony UK handles uk (and even most all europe) Where Lionsgate has deals in place with others like Studio Canal in the UK and sells of licenses and rights to others in other Countries like NovaMedia etc.

Some people are willing to take on risks others would not. I prefer to see editions made that are safe in all regards so that if HDN is "assisting" with Group Buys or whatever that I feel confident the end user (members) who purchase will have a high chance at receiving their products. Discs may be legit, but I like to know that beyond licenses that their art is approved, cause EVENTUALLY ... at some point, the movie editions will be seen, just a matter of time .... could be first release, could be 41st. Just my preference that if we are willing to promote anyone's releases that we at least feel that they are legit in all fronts. Otherwise call it a custom.

Ludwig is right in what he says, but there is also cases of this happening all the time in different markets, its just those mostly take safer moves in using approved art etc. People have skated around it for many years by the Companies selling to people in their region and those people simply reselling it on to the masses elsewhere.

Its actually LEGAL to import any "legit" product to the USA no matter if the edition was meant for another market as this was proved in the Supreme Court. However, this does not always stop customs from seizing the stuff questioning its authenticity. I once had an import of about $500 worth of product of "legit" stuff from China and it got seized and about half a year went by before they sent me a letter stating that if i wanted it I had to appear in Court in Chicago and prove its authenticity etc. Despite the fact that I knew it was legit, had to appear in person and win in court for release. It would have cost me more than that for the plane trips, time, etc. so no matter that it was legit, it was not worth it.

So do I think these releases are legit? Yes, license wise for disc and release. Grey area on some art choices etc. on some the past releases as some Actors if asked would say they didnt approve. ;)
Actor could put pressure on studio, studio put pressure on agent or distributor, agent/distributor put pressure on retailer/licensee , and thus shut that down.
How could that effect you? Well if you had given your money in pre-order and then the above happens, then there will be art change etc to stay safe .... will you get a refund?

With approved art like the Wonder Woman and like this blade runner one I think there is much better chance people safely get their stuff. If their is no proof that it is legit tho accompanying the package it could still get inadvertently seized. Shipping singles, lot less chance. No different then receiving other GBs right?

the above was talking about mlife/wcl/uhd

I have now been informed that the confusion had been in that while UHD and MLIFE/WCL are separate Companies that UHD claims to have foreign markets for MLIFE/WCL releases.

It’s not illegal to purchase if the rights to a release is limited to a certain territory, but it’s illegal for the distributor to sell them to outside of that territory.
Yeah basically that.

So we just try to make sure people have safe chances, by doing a bit of homework is all. Why? Cause we are typically the first ones people run to for help when things go wrong. We help cause we care. Trust me I'd be more than happy to stop caring as its giving me grey hairs .... but sometimes there are things you just cant change, wired that way. Still like the Community spirit and still a nerd for packaged media. We like to think that caring before hand saves us more drama and stress later. Maybe that isnt the case anymore in 2018. lol

So..... I presume these are now OFFICIALLY legit? I see there is a GB now? Would be nice to get a 'sorry' of all you who bashed me in the UHD CLUB threads and especially those who bashed me thru PM!!! :whistle:

Oh, I'm not a pompous ass btw, just had a lot info some people didn't have :thumbs:

So..... I presume these are now OFFICIALLY legit? I see there is a GB now? Would be nice to get a 'sorry' of all you who bashed me in the UHD CLUB threads and especially those who bashed me thru PM!!! :whistle:

Oh, I'm not a pompous ass btw, just had a lot info some people didn't have :thumbs:

It was my opinion that yes you were being a pompous ass. Oh and its still my opinion since your back at it again. :wtf: I'm so very happy to hear tho that you think so highly of me that if I open a GB that I am the definitive measure of something being legit. I guess I should be selling due diligence services. Tho I'm fine with admitting I did a half ass job at that. :cool:

Instead of prodding everyone all along if you have so called hidden info why waste all our time and just say it? So it's either A) Being an ass or B) because its info you shouldn't share? Neither works well for you. Did you ever think that there is times I have info I shouldn't share? A grande ole pissing match of our hidden infos. we are so cool. :wacky: I have many reasons that validate all my handlings, among many of them already shared in this thread and some of them not. Many I would have cared not to elaborate so much on but there's plenty of gems in this thread since I had to drop some knowledge on ya' and give info for others to read so they can read between lines, make up their own minds if they so choose.

Tell'ya what ... if you'd like me to bow to you and let you claim the winner of this embarrassing argument we keep on having then you are more than welcome to that claim so long as you are willing to pay for anything that goes wrong for any members. You want to wear the big britches? Over the course of almost 10 years arguably a million movies have changed hands through sales, trades, group buys, etc and you don't have stories of HDN screwing anyone when things don't go as planned. Those stories aren't mentioned about how many time$ HDN has made sure things went well for people. Ninjas lurk in the $hadows.

Not sure how it is in the Netherlands, but when I go to the grocery store I have to grab my items, go to the front, stand in line , or go to self check out, and then pay for my items before I can leave. I cant just wheel past that process and yell "put it on my tab yo!"

It's called a process.

We have processes here too.

Wanna hug it out? Where should I meet you? Under the bridge? :D

keke, I know you love me.

It was my opinion that yes you were being a pompous ass. Oh and its still my opinion since your back at it again. :wtf: I'm so very happy to hear tho that you think so highly of me that if I open a GB that I am the definitive measure of something being legit. I guess I should be selling due diligence services. Tho I'm fine with admitting I did a half ass job at that. :cool:
I'm just curious how everyone who read how I got hammered by you and disciples now seeing a GB for something illegal last week, without even having the art and content finalised...

Tell'ya what ... if you'd like me to bow to you and let you claim the winner of this embarrassing argument we keep on having then you are more than welcome to that claim so long as you are willing to pay for anything that goes wrong for any members. You want to wear the big britches? Over the course of almost 10 years arguably a million movies have changed hands through sales, trades, group buys, etc and you don't have stories of HDN screwing anyone when things don't go as planned. Those stories aren't mentioned about how many time$ HDN has made sure things went well for people. Ninjas lurk in the $hadows..
you don't have to bow buddy, but having a little bit respect for members would be enough. I never claimed anything which I couldn't substantiate, but got bashed and insulted anyway ;)

Wanna hug it out? Where should I meet you? Under the bridge? :D.
here in the Netherlands only hobos, junkies and Male prostitutes meet under a bridge so sorry, have to pass mate :naughty:

keke, I know you love me.
of course I do! Just wished respect came from both sides in this relation ;)

You were called upon many times to substantiate and skated around those calls better than an Ice Skater. You responded in ways in which you got back the bashing because of it. You want respect, yet its been a huge run around with you. There are people in this thread who you may claim as disciples or whatever nonsense that in all honesty I have never even had a conversation with before. So who are all these people who share the same sentiments to want to vet this further , feel a little more comfortable, as comfortable as one can be when ordering in such a way where the internet has many other means to order. You were the one to quickly jump on them.

Respect for members? its my respect for the members that even had myself going this "far in" on this subject .

Some others may not have been as kind worded as myself or spent hours explaining crap, but even still much of what is known doesn't technically make any of them wrong. Esp when we are talking about the collective of labels in one thread, if i need remind you. I spoke GENERALLY lumping all together including speaking generally of others not even the main topic of this thread as to not completely single one out. But the same PREMISE can be applied to many when talking about approvals of art etc.

I'm not saying I'm a saint, I know I've been a d!ck to you in this thread at times, but I did it as a REACTION to each and every one of your posts. I'm always chill and having fun, but if people want to push expect to be pushed back.

Just like today ... you came running to this thread, not me. You got a REACTION.

Here in America, Trolls live under bridges ... I was told you shouldn't feed them, but hey I've never been all that disciplined.

I'm sorry... sorry you got so wrapped up in all this that you felt it was important to "prove" us wrong without actually providing said proof. :rolleyes:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: larson1977
You were the one to quickly jump on them.

nope buddy.... some messages from some highly anticipated members who contacted me;

Hey buddy,
You have mentioned that you have pre ordered wooden UHD Club edtion of wonder woman. Can you give me a link?

Hey Lars!
Well, I'm not sure what MLIFE is "technically" considered.
I think both them and Cinema Movies may be bootlegs technically. But... unless wreck or Apollon say something...:LOL:
Did you want to do a trade, or do you have a price in mind?
I'm way too lazy to make a trade thread...:LOL:

Hey man,

I see you probably know more about the UHD Club releases than I do so I wanted to ask you: how do you get them? Is it only via else where GBs or is there any other way?

Any information would be helpful.