bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Blade Runner 2049

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Denis Villeneuve[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ryan Gosling,[/ACTOR] Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Dave Bautista, Lennie James

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
aMpyrCizvSdc0UIMblJ1srVgAEF.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB

Harrison Ford back for a sequel -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31657466

blade_runner.jpg
bladerunner2049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh...this bothers me. It probably shouldn't, but it does.

Not a bad word about Villeneuve, i just wish they'd let it be.

Gyllenhaal and Villeneuve have worked on a few films recently. I wonder if there's a chance he'd play a blade runner since he turned down Suicide Squad.

I'm torn by his news. The director Villeneuve has done some stellar work, and should be up for the task. And having Ridley on board is also good news.

However one of the things that makes Bladerunner special is the ambiguity of the ending.
I think a sequel could cheapen it but showing what happens to Deckard after that.

Interesting but I think we cannot expect what was experienced with first one. This will be completely different, I just hope it will be based on solid story, not just the name of it.

Here's one movie I'm embarrassed to admit I have not seen. We all have those classics, and this is one of them. I definitely need to get on it soon though. Especially since I met Rutger Hauer and bought his book which has a lot to do with this original movie.

Ryan Gosling has been in negotiations to star in the Blade Runner sequel

The news comes via Variety; it's not yet known which character Gosling will play if cast.

The original Blade Runner took place in a dystopian 2019 Los Angeles. The sequel will take place several decades later, with Harrison Ford reprising his role as Rick Deckard.

Denis Villeneuve is directing the sequel, with the original's director Ridley Scott producing this time around. Hampton Fancher and Michael Green wrote the script, which Scott praises as "very, very good."

Shooting is set to begin mid-year, 2016.

Warner Bros has officially set a release date for Denis Villeneuve's Blade Runner sequel, untitled now, known simply as Blade Runner 2. That movie will open on January 12th, 2018, a few weeks after Episode VIII hits theaters in late 2017​

January... strange month to release such a big movie... especially after a Star Wars movie...

Dave Bautista, who starred in Guardians of the Galaxy as Drax the Destroyer, will be joining the upcoming sequel to Blade Runner. This comes just days after Robin Wright was added to the cast.

BR.JPG

Reactions: Flloydo