Blade Runner 2049 (OST) 2-CD Set + Download (Blade Runner 2049 Shop Exclusive) Limited Edition [USA]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 27th , 2017
Purchase Link: Musictoday
Price: $20.49
Notes: 2 Limited Editions 1st Edition Sold Out - 2nd Edition Available Now
Only 2,049 copies of each edition exist - Ships Worldwide

Y4BR02COMBO.jpg

Exclusive 2nd Edition Alternate Cover Art
• Limited Edition 2-CD Set
• Individually numbered
• Only 2,049 copies of this edition exist!
• Includes digital album download delivered on October 6, 2017
• CD to ship on or around October 27, 2017

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
BR_Hero_1920x590.jpg

Note
There is 2 limited editions

Blade Runner 2049 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Limited Edition & Numbered 2-CD Sets
Only 2,049 copies of each edition exist!
2nd Edition Available Now

(Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
2 CD Set + Download
Limited Edition 2-CD Set - Individually numbered.
Only 2,049 copies of this edition exist!
Includes digital album download delivered on October 6, 2017.
CD to ship on or around October 27, 2017.

1st Edition Sold Out
Y4BR01COMBO.jpg

2nd Edition
Alternate Cover Art
Y4BR02COMBO.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
24 Tracks

1. 2049 – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
2. Sapper’s Tree - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
3. Flight to LAPD - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
4. Summer Wind – Frank Sinatra
5. Rain - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
6. Wallace - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
7. Memory - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
8. Mesa - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
9. Orphanage - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
10. Furnace - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
11. Someone Lived This - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
12. Joi - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
13. Pilot - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
14. Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
15. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires
16. One For My Baby (And One More For the Road) – Frank Sinatra
17. Hijack - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
18. That’s Why We Believe - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
19. Her Eyes Were Green - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
20. Sea Wall - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
21. All the Best Memories Are Hers - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
22. Tears In the Rain - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
23. Blade Runner - Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
24. Almost Human

CD Soundtrack ordered

I will have access at midnight USA time on 6th October to Digital Download copy of the soundtrack

CD itself will ship on 27th October

How much is shipping?
Shipping prices will be different depending on country been dispatched too
If your based in USA shipping cost be lot less

I picked standard shipping $10.86

Ireland for example

• International standard (expected arrival 8-24 business days after the release date)
    $10.86
  • International expedited (expected arrival 6-14 business days after the release date)
    $17.46
  • International rapid (expected arrival 4-5 business days after the release date)
    $59.45

Shipping prices will be different depending on country been dispatched too
If your based in USA shipping cost be lot less

I picked standard shipping $10.86

Ireland for example

• International standard (expected arrival 8-24 business days after the release date)
    $10.86
  • International expedited (expected arrival 6-14 business days after the release date)
    $17.46
  • International rapid (expected arrival 4-5 business days after the release date)
    $59.45

I'm in UK so would imagine it will be the same as Ireland. Thanks.

How did you like the soundtrack so far @paulboland ?

Since last thrusday when I saw the film Im listening to that album and nothing else. Really atmospheric, could do without some of the tracks, but so far I like what Im hearing.

I like Villeneuves long time collaborator Johann Johannsson, but I think he would have been too dark for this film.

I dont know how Zimmer does it, but I always come out of the films he scored with some cue in my head. Something always sticks with me and imo thats when you know the composer did a good job. Credits to Wallfisch too since this is a collaboration album.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
How did you like the soundtrack so far @paulboland ?

Since last thrusday when I saw the film Im listening to that album and nothing else. Really atmospheric, could do without some of the tracks, but so far I like what Im hearing.

I like Villeneuves long time collaborator Johann Johannsson, but I think he would have been too dark for this film.

I dont know how Zimmer does it, but I always come out of the films he scored with some cue in my head. Something always sticks with me and imo thats when you know the composer did a good job. Credits to Wallfisch too since this is a collaboration album.
I like the soundtrack and have listened to it a few times but it's not as good in my opinion as what Vangelis did with Blade Runner 1982 Soundtrack

I would have liked Vangelis had of done the soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049 but he did not want to do it for whatever reasons that was

Hans Zimmer is like a few other best used film composers you can recognize it's their music when listening to the music without having to know who the film composer is of a film they have a unique style of film music composing that makes their music stand out and often have stand out themes that get your attention.
There is lot's of films I can tell who the composer is without checking out who composed the music just by listening to the music.

Hans Zimmer has on a few occasions has been asked to do a film scores after previous composers music got rejected he gets lot of last min films to compose music for

Some of the tracks are reworkings of Vangelis music from the original Blade Runner and they are done well but not as good as the original

Film Music can sometimes can not be a good match for the film in terms of viewing the film and is often the reason why a score gets rejected and it can make a huge difference when a good film composer does a film score as it can add to the film experience to make the film a lot better if if did not have the music

The top film directors most times use the film composer that suits the film but not every director has an ear for music and sometimes the film music can be totally wrong for the film to give it's best effect

• Thanks
I like the soundtrack and have listened to it a few times but it's not as good in my opinion as what Vangelis did with Blade Runner 1982 Soundtrack

I would have liked Vangelis had of done the soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049 but he did not want to do it for whatever reasons that was

Hans Zimmer is like a few other best used film composers you can recognize it's their music when listening to the music without having to know who the film composer is of a film they have a unique style of film music composing that makes their music stand out and often have stand out themes that get your attention.
There is lot's of films I can tell who the composer is without checking out who composed the music just by listening to the music.

Hans Zimmer has on a few occasions has been asked to do a film scores after previous composers music got rejected he gets lot of last min films to compose music for

Some of the tracks are reworkings of Vangelis music from the original Blade Runner and they are done well but not as good as the original

Film Music can sometimes can not be a good match for the film in terms of viewing the film and is often the reason why a score gets rejected and it can make a huge difference when a good film composer does a film score as it can add to the film experience to make the film a lot better if if did not have the music

The top film directors most times use the film composer that suits the film but not every director has an ear for music and sometimes the film music can be totally wrong for the film to give it's best effect

Havent listened to the original Vangelis OST, but after Im done with 2049 I will for sure. Im also wondering how it would have been if Vangelis did the new one. I think people would have expected a lot from it, but they might have bashed it if it was too similar to the original, who knows.

When listened to an interview with Zimmer and Wallfisch Hans said he was asked to do it just before he left for his 2017 tour so I think most of the stuff we hear is Wallfisch as he spent much more time working on it. It is a good score, but it wont have as much impact as the first one of course. But still, it sounds great when combined with the visuals and makes a different atmosphere.

As you mentioned above, score can support the film really well and in this case I think they did a good job.

Wondering what the CD edition will be like, I like the numbering, but would like to see the package before buying.