Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda.
But personally I'm good with just Blade Runner.
You know
The name of the film
I'm getting used to thinking of it as "Blade Runner" -2049 — the name I have to use when I want to search for something about the original movie and not get stuff about about the sequel mixed in.

Missed out on this, Nova Media Grindhouse and Zavvi Inglourious basterds...
I don't make the effort I should to pick up editions like this so that's my bad..
Not the fault of retailers, not the fault of group buys..
my own lazy ass fault...
I missed Grindhouse Nova because I mixed the Korean and Hong Kong timezones.

• Wow
Reactions: Mararagan
Same with Nova. Grindhouse would of been less of a sh!t show if it wasn’t for the poxy GBs. The amount that paid for it and has now been refunded is criminal. That’s not fair imo. If it sold out before the payment was taken then fair enough.
Nova should have just made 500-600 one clicks, then there would have been more to go around, and they would have made more money.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Nova should have just made 500-600 one clicks, then there would have been more to go around, and they would have made more money.

Do you think that would have solved the problem? Maybe it should have been 700? Maybe it should have been 800 and then they only sold 712.

Maybe they are limited to mow many they are allowed to make by the studio. Do you know how the process works? Because I don't.

Do you think that would have solved the problem? Maybe it should have been 700? Maybe it should have been 800 and then they only sold 712.

Maybe they are limited to mow many they are allowed to make by the studio. Do you know how the process works? Because I don't.
If they order direct from manufacturer Scanavo, then a MINIMUM print run order used to be 4000 steelbooks. They might have lowered it, or order is split for distribution between two companies, like I think Zavvi does (their 'Exclusives' are exclusive only in UK, and often sold in other European countries).
So Manta and Nova probably order the bare minimum they can.
Even this time, to add 100 One-Clicks they removed 100 from each of the individual slips (talking about Grindhouse - these topics are all mixed in my head by now).

I also have no idea, but I know many premium steelbook retailers like Manta and Filmarena sell 500 - 600 one clicks with no problem. It could be that Nova thought 300 one clicks was a safe amount or that's all they were allowed to sell. Beyond the actual retailers, who really knows?

If they order direct from manufacturer Scanavo, then a MINIMUM print run order used to be 4000 steelbooks. They might have lowered it, or order is split for distribution between two companies, like I think Zavvi does (their 'Exclusives' are exclusive only in UK, and often sold in other European countries).
So Manta and Nova probably order the bare minimum they can.
Even this time, to add 100 One-Clicks they removed 100 from each of the individual slips (talking about Grindhouse - these topics are all mixed in my head by now).
You can order less than 4,000 from Scanavo
You can do 1,000 or less for example if you want but you pay same amount as you would for 4,000

Some releases are shared print run in Europe where a print run is split between retailers but there has been some releases of 1,000 or 2,000 that did not get a release in other countries

FilmArena releases of 501 are when WWA steelbooks are used they just order stock from the distributor but that steelbook itself is sold by other retailers in Czech Republic or in other countries in Europe
FilmArena remember also sell steelbook on it's own as well as doing FAC

A distributor orders from Scanavo and then supplies retailers.
All FilmArena do is package that steelbook in slips etc

It's not unusual to have a WEA steelbook have a print run of 2,000 or 3,000 now

Reactions: Bilbo and MM3
I see the eBay sellers wasted no time.. $800 for a one click
scumbag city = seller and anyone dumb enough to pay that - - and, if it's no problem for you to pay, maybe 600 off the books -- you're an idiot who deserves to be robbed. However, well done putting some of your ill-gotten gains back into the community - cheers

scarface GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
You can order less than 4,000 from Scanavo
You can do 1,000 or less for example if you want but you pay same amount as you would for 4,000

Some releases are shared print run in Europe where a print run is split between retailers but there has been some releases of 1,000 or 2,000 that did not get a release in other countries

FilmArena releases of 501 are when WWA steelbooks are used they just order stock from the distributor but that steelbook itself is sold by other retailers in Czech Republic or in other countries in Europe
FilmArena remember also sell steelbook on it's own as well as doing FAC

A distributor orders from Scanavo and then supplies retailers.
All FilmArena do is package that steelbook in slips etc

It's not unusual to have a WEA steelbook have a print run of 2,000 or 3,000 now
So they kept that minimum, OK, then that's exactly what I'm saying in regards to people wishing for higher print runs of exclusive steelbooks, and whether they can or not, and why, etc. Meaning MantaLab did that intentionally. If you're paying the same amount for 3000 as you could for 4000, as is the exact case with Blade Runner, then you're frackin crazy stupid. Proven. Period.
That is one of my all time favorite scenes right there. I grew up in a family that had public fights like that, and I wish I'd said something like Tony Montana right there, but was too little and too shy.
"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of frackin' assh0les. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your frackin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth."
Especially love the bit about the lying and hiding. All the 'polite' quiet 'motherlovers' are more evil, and I'd trust, and did, someone like Montana, before a regular guy.
This applies perfectly to the scalpers, BTW. Whatever I still think about it, I admire how Aniv replied, sticking to his guns so to say.

scumbag city = seller and anyone dumb enough to pay that - - and, if it's no problem for you to pay, maybe 600 off the books -- you're an idiot who deserves to be robbed. However, well done putting some of your ill-gotten gains back into the community - cheers

Forgot to say about who would buy it at that price. There are trust/hedge fund heirs, that have crazy stupid amounts, live in 20 million dollar apartments, their handmaid shoehorn from damask steel costs $3000, they'd pay $800 easy.
If I took one of at least 25 $200 DVD/BD orders I had in 2011, and bought Bitcoin, I'd have about 10 million dollars now, and I'd pay $800 for Blade Runner, frack it, just for fun, and to make that guy selling it happy as well, I wouldn't care or think twice about it. And I wouldn't be an idiot or be 'robbed'. Actually I'd buy 2, drive over one with my Range Rover, film it, and post it here for someone to cringe. :woot:

Last edited:
I see the eBay sellers wasted no time.. $800 for a one click
That is way too cheap. Wait till these start rolling out... Prices will go EZ way over 1000$. Definitely up to 1500, some will probably dare to put it for 2000$, i'm sure of it.
Even LOTR Silver HDZeta prices went from 800$ all the way up till 1500$...
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

That is way too cheap. Wait till these start rolling out... Prices will go EZ way over 1000$. Definitely up to 1500, some will probably dare to put it for 2000$, i'm sure of it.
Even LOTR Silver HDZeta prices went from 800$ all the way up till 1500$...
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning:
yes but no one is actually paying that. its the same seller always listing incredibly high prices

yes but no one is actually paying that. its the same seller always listing incredibly high prices
I see loads of steelbooks at silly prices all the time and 6 months later the same item is still up for sale. There is one item I saw I think two years ago and it's still up at the same OTT price. And it is the same item. So maybe a lot of people have just fed up the whole con and the scalpers haven't caught on yet.....