Blade Runner (4K Blu-ray Coloured Wooden Case Edition) (UHD CLUB Exclusive UC#13) [China]

May 28, 2020
Release date: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: 260 copies

2025342921-Blade-Runner-UHDClub-thumb-jpeg-bd1877b50b51b632ab63f88793d0b11e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jasong and DMD4k
Can't say I completely understand "world's first 4 colour printed wood crafted holographic digipak with spotgloss" but I'm certainly interested - My guess is a wooden box with a normal holo on it? :watch:

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Not on it, in it. The digipak would be housed within the wood box.
I'm not sure you're meant to read it as a sentence.

It's not in the steelbook forum. It's already out of steelbook collecting :p It doesn't contain one.

Reactions: Lordpercy
I think so. I don't think the box itself is holographic, just colour printed. Maybe the outcome will be a little different if they've changed manufacturing technique but I expect this to look similar to their Wonder Woman box, if you've seen that one.

I mean, while this all sounds nice I don't quite get the material choice of wood for a film like Blade Runner, Metal would have been much more appropriate, especially for this choise of artwork. I mean, the back of the box staight up depicts metal. The 5 DVD Steel-Box from 2007 has that same metal artwork and the material choice really underlines the artwork there.

Reactions: ethnosax
Yes, they are more expensive than a standard premium. Don't expect this to be less than $100 delivered.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: zeebeer
I mean, while this all sounds nice I don't quite get the material choice of wood for a film like Blade Runner, Metal would have been much more appropriate, especially for this choise of artwork. I mean, the back of the box staight up depicts metal. The 5 DVD Steel-Box from 2007 has that same metal artwork and the material choice really underlines the artwork there.
UHD only do wood, faux leather and now they're starting to do regular card stock slips. No metal slips from them ever.

This exactly!
I want some futuristic looking box set

Reactions: zeebeer
This looks interesting but theres nothing here we haven't seen yet in terms of artwork. And manta is also releasing an edition for this soon hopefully which will be much cheaper, so I'll probably pass on this one. Also, 260 copies. It will be a bloodbath.
I've reached saturation point in seeing the same five bits of art reused ad infinitum on BR releases. If the studio isn't going to allow anything new, why bother making more and more expensive releases? This set is so deluxe, and yet so uncreative. And besides that, with just two discs, does that mean it doesn't come with all the cuts, and Dangerous Days?

It would have been more interesting if they'd done another briefcase (as this is in the film). Not sure if a wooden box is even in the movie or what bearing this has. They could have maybe mocked up the Tyrell Corporation Pyramid building (similar to Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza style edition). Anyway, I do have a good collection of BR limited editions but will pass on this. Very unimaganitive as someone has previously stated.

Reactions: Lenny Nero