Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Only old releases. Some will be put on sale. But silver edition not (mostly their catalogue).
You said they weren't, now you're saying they will be. Whatever... :rolleyes:
The more quantities are available from eBay, less copies could have been sold through their site (FROM COLLECTONG) for different people.
You're implying that eBay copies are never purchased direct. Please show what proof you have to back that up. None.
If Manta has built that demand is because collectors love to share their passion among others.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You can't be serious.
Collectors could have shared their passion in the first 3 years of Manta Lab too, you know?
Others felt in love with premium (and limited) releases, and wanted to get one of them too. Simply. Word of mouth.
Yeah right. No, my bet (it's my gut feeling, I have no proof of it nor am I saying I'm absolutely correct) is that Manta has more exposure now than before precisely BECAUSE there are more GBs for their releases now than there were a couple of years ago. Period.
Manta did their job, with work, constance, and effort.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
What are the scalpers doing for them? Making their editions more out-of-reach?
Well, for one, Manta releases sell out fast as of late, so they're doing that for them. I bet Manta appreciates that instead of releases that would take days to sell out.
They aren't now selling out faster because quality has improved, because it hasn't. If anything it's the same or slightly worse. They are selling out faster, and proper sellouts (no restocks or less of them with the following preorder), because they have more exposure. More exposure, more available to a wider amount of collectors thanks to GB = faster sellouts. It's really not that hard to grasp.
It can turn into a bubble at any moment, and the person get tired of paying such big bucks for a single release.
Ending up scalpers taking more copies than the real demand wanted. And finally crashing up the original retailer supplier.
So you're implying that a regular collector is (or will get) tired of paying big bucks and that it will be widespread and scalpers will buy more copies? Why would they do that? Why would they tie up their money into a product that won't sell?
They are investing and profiting from the market because the demand is there, if it wasn't there they couldn't and wouldn't do it. That is exactly how supply and demand works. If scalpers take more copies than real demand there is don't worry, they won't be doing it for long.

Reactions: Aniv and Mararagan
Nobody wants them ?? What evidence do you have ?
No its not, if its the right title it will always be fast.
How can you be so sure that bigger print run wouldn't find buyers ?
Touché. Well my response was purely cheeky. It's not that nobody would want them, but they'd have no real collector value, at least for a lot of us.
Evidence? Human nature.

If I have nothing unique in my collection vs others, then my collection is meaningless. That's what it boils down to.
If all ninjas, and all other forum members could all have one of these Blade Runners in their collections next month it would add nothing.

It works for anything collectible. If the rarest coin on the face of this planet was so abundant that everyone could have 5 to themselves it would be pretty much a worthless piece of metal.

Reactions: Aniv and Mararagan
TBF Manta is still producing the same sort of editions so it's not like the discussions around them can vary wildly from one release to another.

Touché. Well my response was purely cheeky. It's not that nobody would want them, but they'd have no real collector value, at least for a lot of us.
Evidence? Human nature.

If I have nothing unique in my collection vs others, then my collection is meaningless. That's what it boils down to.
If all ninjas, and all other forum members could all have one of these Blade Runners in their collections next month it would add nothing.

It works for anything collectible. If the rarest coin on the face of this planet was so abundant that everyone could have 5 to themselves it would be pretty much a worthless piece of metal.
I am sure that there are alot of collectors who have this mindset, but I also think that there are alot of collectors who couldn't care less how many people have the same edition in their respective collection. I don't know if there are enough to fill the void that those collectors who need to have a very limited number leave. But at the end of the day we don't know how many collectors of each type exist, so it' s hardy to say whether the editions with bigger print runs would still sell out or not.

The biggest indicator would be direct sales I suppose. Using Manta as an example their own site told us their OOS until recently weren't really OOS, because they'd restock them not once but several times even.
Aftermarket value, for most titles, was barely a little more than cost. Now with more GBs in the mix they are selling out fast, and their aftermarket prices are soaring. It's not blind chance, it's just demand outweighing supply.
I'll make a prediction, I know, it's risky, but I'll bet you a Blade Runner that if prices plummet and Manta still produce the same number of copies that their releases will not sell out in seconds. Not only that, I'll even go further, the multiple GBs will lose appeal and we may even see less of them, further aggravating their lack of direct sales.

No.
We live in a place where order quantity is limited to 2 (per edition) and, after sold out releases, we use to see on eBay how people reached 2, 3, 4, 5 or further units of something "limited" by the original supplier.

As I said; supply can be absorbed so that demand is also absorbed by the same people (resellers / scalpers).
They didn't add extra value.

I wonder how people reach more than 2 units for something we all know beforehand would be "limited" and high demanded.

PD: I shared my thoughts from my chill terrace.
I hate to break it for you, but the limit of 2 copies on the website applies only to a single order. They don’t restrict the number of orders you can place.
Most retailers don’t really care who gets the copies and if people get multiples. They’re interested in their items getting overpriced on the aftermarket which creates more hype for the next release.

I hate to break it for you, but the limit of 2 copies on the website applies only to a single order. They don’t restrict the number of orders you can place.
Most retailers don’t really care who gets the copies and if people get multiples. They’re interested in their items getting overpriced on the aftermarket which creates more hype for the next release.
but usually very little time to place multiple orders. dont disagree with the rest of your post.

He's acknowledging it. But wants everybody to have a fair crack at obtaining a copy. Multiple GB's kills that very notion.

Of course they wont be enough for EVERYBODY. But Why can't Manta just put all the stock live on their site for everyone to compete at the same time?

They ship worldwide. Why have GB's at all. They are too easy to abuse and be able to obtain multiple copies of items through. Limit to 2x copies per person on the site and that would free up a lot more stock on the day...

The only reason I see a need for a GB is Blufans as they don't sell from a site.

Why do birds fly..why do mosquitoes bite? while many questions remain unanswered the easiest way to find out is to start your own label and enforce your own rules.

As they say, lead by example.

I've been saying it for years. There shouldn't be GB's when the retailer ships internationally. The ship directly and all so what's the point? Now it's gotten to the stage where GB's are ruining it for the few that show up on launch day and there might only be 5 of each item left after all those other GB's and sites have used up the majority of the print run, It's a joke.
Do you show up to each and every preorder from Manta?

I had a post where we were picking the last few copies of BR allocated to GB through a simple rule that you must have joined 90% of the past few Manta GB's on HDN. only 2 people qualified really qualified, others didnt qualify or didnt have to join since they had already secured it.

If you have been saying for years and nobody is listening then why carry on? the few ppl who had a chance at securing something through GB listened to stuff you guys keep on churning out about ordering direct is easy, dont pay more than you have to etc etc and missed out. I had enough Grindhouse qty left but I had to submit orders and close out GB .....

Reactions: Mararagan
Do you show up to each and every preorder from Manta?

I had a post where we were picking the last few copies of BR allocated to GB through a simple rule that you must have joined 90% of the past few Manta GB's on HDN. only 2 people qualified really qualified, others didnt qualify or didnt have to join since they had already secured it.

If you have been saying for years and nobody is listening then why carry on? the few ppl who had a chance at securing something through GB listened to stuff you guys keep on churning out about ordering direct is easy, dont pay more than you have to etc etc and missed out. I had enough Grindhouse qty left but I had to submit orders and close out GB .....

Do you have to commit to buying x amount to secure a GB? I was trying to think why a company (ML for example) would help facilitate GB's when they ship worldwide anyway and could only think it's because it helps them try and avoid having any leftovers if they know hosts buy x amount

I wanted so much to be able to join but alas, i didn't met the criteria since i join some Manta's GB's but not all of them.. But that was fair to reward loyalty to the community

Reactions: Aniv
Do you have to commit to buying x amount to secure a GB? I was trying to think why a company (ML for example) would help facilitate GB's when they ship worldwide anyway and could only think it's because it helps them try and avoid having any leftovers if they know hosts buy x amount
no such rules are enforced by Manta. They really have no issues selling stuff by themselves and its more of them helping out HDN members secure something. The 120 odd ppl that joined the GB managed to get something here for a very nominal cost attributing to PP fees.

Birds fly and mosquitos bite because of evolution (both aspects of both species are needed for them to survive). Not really unanswered questions but okay :wacky: