Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
That was quite long so I just have a few questions...

Will Blade Runner always sell out fast? Is it a cult film? Did you pass on this release? And lastly, I bet you don’t already own the booklet that comes with this.... or do you?
The images that are in the booklet some are already in the previous booket

I also have blade runner art book by Syd Mead that has lot more images than you will see in this booklet

It's because it's Blade Runner and it's a SteelBook with the original poster. I think a lot of people remembered how fast the HDZeta edition sold out (a lot fewer copies...only 1 edition I know) and how much it was selling for on eBay afterwards.

So I believe even more people were ready for this Blade Runner release and I believe that there were probably even more people looking to buy and resell this time because of it. After all, it's not like the Group Buy or Direct Order prices have skyrocketed.

Look at it this way. If Bitcoin or Microsoft shares went on sale again at the original asking prices from back in the day, is there anybody who wouldn't try to get in on that?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 40th anniversary will give us a proper A1 steelbook with the original artwork at a reasonable price. Maybe a Zavvi or HMV one would be nice..........

Reactions: Fmac72 and Stygian
The images that are in the booklet some are already in the previous booket

I also have blade runner art book by Syd Mead that has lot more images than you will see in this booklet

But do you have the art book by Syd Mead?

So you had it in your cart and didn't get to check out either, huh?
No I did not even attempt to do an order as I decided a few days befoehand I was not getting the steelbook
I'm happy enough with what I have in my collection and these have more disc contents than this release includes

I already have multiple 4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD releases in my collection some are steelbooks and I also have separate artbooks I purchased over the years some of those has lot more images than you will get in the booklet in this steelbook release

• Haha
Reactions: MM3
No I did not even attempt to do an order as I decided a few days befoehand I was not getting the steelbook
I'm happy enough with what I have in my collection and these have more disc contents than this release includes

I already have multiple 4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD releases in my collection some are steelbooks and I also have separate artbooks I purchased over the years some of those has lot more images than you will get in the booklet in this steelbook release

Well at least you realized sooner than most people that you weren't getting this SteelBook. Most people found out they weren't getting it about a minute too late.

I'm a fairly new user here. As of now I have never been part of a group buy because I didn't have the chance to (ok I could have joined the Blade Runner group buy, but I have never ordered directly so I wanted to experience that once too).
Before I joined this community I bought all my premiums from a private retailer. I paid 110$ without shipping for a single edition (Full Slip, SL, DL doesn't matter all were the same price). And I thought that was a fair price. And I still think it's not that bad considering you have a copy for sure, and compared to ebay prices it's still alot cheaper. And I don't regret paying so much, because I can enjoy all those editions at home now.
But damn the Blade Runner Full Slip in the group buy is just six dollars more than the direct price. That's luxury.
I know that if possible I'm going to buy all my future premiums in hidefninja group buys.
I think group buys are good for collectors. In my opinion it increases the chance of securing a copy by alot. And if it should happen that one doesn't succeed in a group buy, one can still try the direct order. So two shots at securing a copy.
Finally everyone needs to decide for themselves how much risk they want to take, in order to secure a copy.
I'll gladly pay 6$ more, when I paid 60$ more before :shipped:
I checked my spendings and it was 110$ delivered. So "only" 40$ more than a direct order delivered.

I know nobody cares, but I feel a little less exploited now and wanted to share the joy I have :dunno::shipped:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 40th anniversary will give us a proper A1 steelbook with the original artwork at a reasonable price. Maybe a Zavvi or HMV one would be nice..........
Judging by the Terminator 30th anniversary release steelbook just released, I doubt it .....

• Haha
Reactions: MM3