Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) [Japan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: September 20, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon JP 4K - BD (OOS from Amazon directly but available on Marketplace)
Price: ¥7,549

81SYhXAzkRL__SL1500_.jpg

91SkoiBuqVL__SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. £38 + 20% VAT (£7.60) + £8.50 Handling Fee + P&P ??

So about £54 plus whatever the postage cost is. Anyone know, it's been a while since I bought from Japan?

Can't find the BLADE RUNNER 4K steelbook Japan thread so here goes . . .

Recycled 30th Anniversary artwork . . . with embossed title and artwork . . . not really up there with the John Alvin artwork, that's for sure.
upload_2017-9-19_13-58-32.png

2 steelbook editions:-
1) 3BDs (1xBD-25, 2xBD-50)
2) 2BDs (1x4KUHD BD-66, 1xBD-25)

(1) ----------------------------------------------------------- (2)

188640_large.jpg
183467_large.jpg

DKDiQO1UIAA_Ev9.jpg:large

DKDmYOLV4AA2Gkg.jpg:large

DKDiR7RUQAAaPGw.jpg:large

DKDmYOMUEAAYWHg.jpg:large

DKDiTGIVAAE1JXQ.jpg:large

DKEUV5eU8AIOC_x.jpg:large

Not necessarily

Commando japan has been 6k yen for 2 years or something

And if this steel turns out to be glossy itd be the by far best release for this cult movie

There have been hints of Manta (and maybe others?) working on a premium BR release, presumably WEA. I'm eager to see that, because I don't think we've seen the ultimate BR steelbook yet. This one is good, but doesn't quite sum up the movie for me. The unicorn is one symbol in the story, but, for me, not the primary focus.

IMG_6267.JPG
With all the artwork out there there's definitely room to improve on what's been offered so far. I'd love to see some of the artistic talent on HDN throw out a design or two.

Here's one I put together (with apologies to some of the original fan art I loaned).

This release looks awesome! Any USA members interested in doing a joint purchase to save on shipping cost?

LMK

Anyone know if the movie is the same as the US release? I'm wary of watching Japanese Blu-rays of American films after seeing 12 Years a Slave blurred.

i like it a lot as well.. dunno if i would call it a grail tho lol

luckily it survived the transit in a cardboard mailer without any padding

brjp.jpg

together with my other blade runners.. damn, so much artwork variety
IMG_7444.JPG

colors are so much better on the jp version btw

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart