Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'll ask the question we're now all wondering: Just how many coasters do you have?? :LOL:
Around 12 I think lol... they were all bought for me as presents over various birthdays and I'm not even sure why, because I don't drink (apart from coffee). :coffee:

Just picking up on the coaster: don't know what these BLADE RUNNER coasters are made of but probably the standard 3mm paperboard (presumably one coaster per order and not the three pictured?) . . . nice to see that it looks like a new design and not a re-release of one of the hundreds of "Blade Runner" coasters already out there.

RE: DRINK'S COASTERS (and beer mats): Just going down that road for a short walk ...
Great fun and highly collectable with thousands of different and decorative examples produced since the 1880s in all materials - from silver, ceramic, toughened glass and wood to cork - from decorative to pure advertising - but nowadays more usually made of hardboard/wood pulp or paperboard.

Originally used the other way round to prevent alien objects entering the drink ...

...and before that in more substantial designs to 'coast' wine bottles around the table to guests :-
1570194307853.png

A tegestologists is the name given to a collector of these with the record of the largest collection of over 150,000 from 160 countries currently held by a gentleman from Austria . . . also collected by our own celebrities from the past including the young Eric Morecambe famously of "Morecambe and Wise" (1960).

+
Just picking up on the coaster: don't know what these BLADE RUNNER coasters are made of but probably the standard 3mm paperboard (presumably one coaster per order and not the three pictured?) . . . nice to see that it looks like a new design and not a re-release of one of the hundreds of "Blade Runner" coasters already out there.

RE: DRINK'S COASTERS (and beer mats): Just going down that road for a short walk ...
Great fun and highly collectable with thousands of different and decorative examples produced since the 1880s in all materials - from silver, ceramic, toughened glass and wood to cork - from decorative to pure advertising - but nowadays more usually made of hardboard/wood pulp or paperboard.

Originally used the other way round to prevent alien objects entering the drink ...

...and before that in more substantial designs to 'coast' wine bottles around the table to guests :-
View attachment 449730

A tegestologists is the name given to a collector of these with the record of the largest collection of over 150,000 from 160 countries currently held by a gentleman from Austria . . . also collected by our own celebrities from the past including the young Eric Morecambe famously of "Morecambe and Wise" (1960).

Titans say it'll come with two coasters.

Reactions: jasong and virkia
+

Titans say it'll come with two coasters.
Yes, clearly some thought has gone into the goodies with this release . . . only goodies I ever got before with a steelbook was a T-shirt (AVATAR and THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE) and a Keychain (DREDD) so this is most welcome.
Coasters,"We have one more thing! Our Blade Runner release also comes with two drink coasters that celebrate the stunning design of the pyramids that house the headquarters of the Tyrell Corporation in the film" (02/010/19)
Badge/lapel pin, ""Voight-Kampff" enamel badge
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for replicating the device: full marks for effort:-
1570212903616.png
1570213025580.png

1570212489432.png

Reactions: Premises
@jayce20 Got a link ? Can't find it.
Ignore Amazon image listed it's an error using previous slipbox release

Amazon France 4K Steelbook listing is very likely then this release from Titans of Cult as they have listed comes with pin and drink coasters in product description

Amazon Italy also will be releasing this but not live yet

• Informative
Reactions: Jocelin
I realise beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this release does absolutely nothing for me. Blade Runner is easily my fav film of all time. I acknowledge they’ve tried something new, but I’m disappointed. Which I’m actually quite sad about.

I realise beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this release does absolutely nothing for me. Blade Runner is easily my fav film of all time. I acknowledge they’ve tried something new, but I’m disappointed. Which I’m actually quite sad about.
I respect your opinion since its such a fan fav of yours ... I'm not as emotionally invested in the film as opposed to something say......... Tarantino. Either way I'm still an easy to please kinda guy. ahahaha.

My only problem with the GotG Walkman design is that it’s not the Walkman from the movie, which is blue. I think the design is pretty cool and unique, but that’s a huge glaring omission from an object that was semi-prominent with the main character. It would be like a SteelBook for Inception featuring this as DiCaprio’s character’s totem and saying “well they’re both spinning tops”

Ordered, although disc wise and booklet wise it looks the same as the digipack fullslip edition so I may cancel or part company with the digipack...
Ignore the artwork shown on Amazon France as that is not showing a steelbook
It's an error showing the previous 4K Digipak release.

Artwork should at some stage be corrected

Reactions: Daubt and leelee17